David Luiz

the wes

His voice was very hoarse in that post-match interview and I wonder if he isn't a bit under the weather (or maybe he had to scream too much during the match).

I think early in the match he's made a few mistakes positioning himself as a CM and also in a few tackles, looking sort of clueless. But he quickly got used to the position and his contributions in the attack are incredible.

I hope to find a gif of that ball right in the midfield he received from Oscar. It was a tough pass he's received and he got rid of his man with one touch (I guess he nutmegged him) and then he passed quickly to Hazard or Eto'o (can't remember) and left said player in a 1v1 play, in front of Mignolet. There's a lot of quality in his pass, but I really want him to play as a CB. I hope he also finds his best form for us as a CB and we can rotate the three guys we have because we do have a lot of matches and we should protect Terry's body as much as possible, given his age and pronity to injuries.

eh, Luiz to me is too slow to play DM... However, Liverpool cms were pretty much canceled out by the front 3 pressing like dogs. (also allen going out and bringing in a 19 year old).....

BUt as mentioned above, at least he wont be the last line of defense if he does make mistakes....

His voice was very hoarse in that post-match interview and I wonder if he isn't a bit under the weather (or maybe he had to scream too much during the match).

I think early in the match he's made a few mistakes positioning himself as a CM and also in a few tackles, looking sort of clueless. But he quickly got used to the position and his contributions in the attack are incredible.

I hope to find a gif of that ball right in the midfield he received from Oscar. It was a tough pass he's received and he got rid of his man with one touch (I guess he nutmegged him) and then he passed quickly to Hazard or Eto'o (can't remember) and left said player in a 1v1 play, in front of Mignolet. There's a lot of quality in his pass, but I really want him to play as a CB. I hope he also finds his best form for us as a CB and we can rotate the three guys we have because we do have a lot of matches and we should protect Terry's body as much as possible, given his age and pronity to injuries.

Yeah he was probably having difficult breathing after all that unusual running.. :)

eh, Luiz to me is too slow to play DM... However, Liverpool cms were pretty much canceled out by the front 3 pressing like dogs. (also allen going out and bringing in a 19 year old).....

BUt as mentioned above, at least he wont be the last line of defense if he does make mistakes....

Is Mikel any quicker? But yes, Luiz's a pacey defender and a slow but tall midfielder. Just remember he's been on a defender training schedule like forever.

This has been exactly my point all along: in a different system David would play very similarly as he did today, but from the back. However, in Mourinho's system, I do have my doubts whether Luiz can play as a CB.

Accommodating Luiz (or cashing out on him) is Jose's problem, not mine.

I like him in there ,much better than Mikel and he suffered in the second half when paired with Mikel and he lost it a bit near the end when he had a rush of blood again and started kicking the ball anywhere,but he was class and proactive especially when paired with Lampard ,I never argue with Mourinho becauce he is nearly always right ,but for me Luiz is very good in a midfield two where his anticipation and flair is better used at this moment in his career at Chelsea.

Just watched the interview with Eddie and Jose in full. What a character... he has to be captain of this club in the future. I loved how Eddie was doodling around the question of what is Chelsea fighting forcthis year. Luiz just shouts.. 'we are fighting for the title' with a serious face... and that's coming from a joker.

Fucking love our players.

He is good there when he doesn't try to do 50 meter passes, and doesn't try to be a playmaker. He is really similar to Pepe and can be a great option to play there in big games if we are with problems in that position.

I loved the way he played, I just didn't understand the last minutes... he needs to calm down a little.

He is good there when he doesn't try to do 50 meter passes, and doesn't try to be a playmaker. He is really similar to Pepe and can be a great option to play there in big games if we are with problems in that position.

I loved the way he played, I just didn't understand the last minutes... he needs to calm down a little.

Have you really missed all the awesome long passes he does but then our striker messes it up?

Or the buildup play he stands for quite often.

That is EXACLY what he should keep doing. Speeding up our buildup play that is. Its what we are missing at our defensive midfield atm.

Great to see him and Jose having a nice relationship despite all the media bullshit so far. A very good performance aswell.

Why wouldnt they? They are professionals. The problem is people buying into all rumours.

Its not as if David and Jose are reading all the bullshit "twitter sources" that people like to throw around here at these forums.

I was happy with his performance yesterday. He showed a lot of discipline that I did know he had in him. Despite a few small mistakes especially early on, he stayed close to the back four, rarely left gaps and kept his passing safe. It's quite an achievement for a CB to play like that in midfield.

But, tbh, I was probably just as happy when Jose confirmed after the game that he won't play him in there again unless he has no other choice. He's a CB and belongs in defense, imo.