David Luiz

the wes

People just see Luiz more because of his looks. Every good centre half cocks up on regular basis, but it goes unnoticed most of the times.

DL4 is a Champions League winner for us, basicially gave his all for us since he´s been playing for Chelsea, so I think he deserves more respect. He is an unusall defender and yes, his erratic runs have to stop, but other than that he´s fantastic.

Jose Bosingwa and Kalou are also a CL winner for us and they got no respect. Luiz was playing well but recently has hit a relly bad patch. And no, great centre backs don't make the mistakes Luiz makes. Every defender will sometimes be late to get to their man, sometimes they won't communicate properly and let someone get by them, sometimes they aren't positioned properly. They don't launch 3 useless passes upfield every game. They don't wander into midfield attacking and cough up the ball. That's what's so frustrating. The mistakes are childish and pointless. Chelsea should be trying to build from the back. Luiz's long attacking passes are terrible and yet, he doesn't stop. Chelsea play a very attacking squad, we don't need our centre back to rush up with the ball. He does all the time and yesterday is just the first time it burned us. His job is to defend and when he concentrates on that, he's very good at it but he doesn't seem to be able to mature as a player. It's not like an issue of confidence which is tricky or an issue of positional awareness which takes time. These are simple mistakes that he just keeps making.

I'm not saying we should see him or anything so rash (although if there really was an offer for 30M pounds, I would have snapped it up in a second) just that I think he needs a talking to (which I can't believe he hasn't got before so maybe he just needs to listen) and maybe a seat on the bench for a couple of games once Terry comes back.

Luiz hasn't been on form past 2 games but I need to make something clear.

Firstly, he wasn't our worst defender against United in PL (wasn't good either). I thought Cahill was def poorer than him against United. And, the way Cole was playing anyone on that left side would have had their hands full. Cole had a brain fart of a game.

Secondly, the 2nd united goal was definitely not Luiz's fault. Yeah he went forward and lost the ball but he had more than enough cover. He actually picked a good time to make that run. He was at fault for loosing the ball but Chelsea had enough players back. Cahill also was poor in his positioning but you also have to give credit to an amazing Anderson through ball and a very good first touch and finish to Cuntarito. (Luiz and Cahill take blame 50% each).

Thought he was pretty good for the rest of the match too.

His errors get noticed because of who he is and the reputation he's garnered but imo he's def better than Cahill.

When he is with Terry he is great, when he with Ivanovic he is ok, when he is with Cahill he is terrible.

Swap Cahill for Luiz in that sentence and its the same with Cahill.

If you take out the matches he has played with Cahill, our defensive record when Luiz plays is actually very good, only Villa at home and City in the community shield have we conceded 3 or more with Luiz playing for us other than with Cahill.

Fuck mistakes he makes, we all make mistakes, but what I absolutely respect and love about him is his mindset and approach to the game. When he makes a mistake he does absolutely everything in his power to redeem himself to his teammates and fans. Not only that, but he clearly has the balls to step up when needed and with his recent rather good FK shots it shows he practices a lot. His penalties seem rather decent also. Good to have a person like him in the dressing room. I actually wouldn't be surprised at all if I see him as our captain in a few seasons.

David+Luiz+FC+Nordsjaelland+v+Chelsea+UEFA+jDYibZyhC6El.jpg

Oh and those Chelsea wristbands...brilliant! :D

I do not know how comes he's criticized for his mistakes while Terry and Cahill are getting away with it. Don't get me wrong, into my eyes his mistakes are a genuine concern and all, but into my book, the two english are as mistake-prone as him, if not more. I believe it comes from his eccentric look, and that medias' propaganda (ever since his second game for us, against manure) has worked.

Although, it gotta stop. I don't know what happened in his head this summer, but he kinda has gone backward - and I believe the coach could also take his share of the blame. Indeed, I thought André Villas-Boas did a superb job with him. From mid-autumn to May, David was marvellous - his game had been simplified, he was making simple and safe passes, wasn't trying to attempt stupid passes or dribbles. I guess that a psychological work will have to be done on him ; the Luiz of last season has to come back !

Secondly, the 2nd united goal was definitely not Luiz's fault. Yeah he went forward and lost the ball but he had more than enough cover. He actually picked a good time to make that run. He was at fault for loosing the ball but Chelsea had enough players back. Cahill also was poor in his positioning but you also have to give credit to an amazing Anderson through ball and a very good first touch and finish to Cuntarito. (Luiz and Cahill take blame 50% each).

It was definitely his fault. Look at how many people blamed Mikel for giving the ball away against Juve, even though we had like 6 men back.

Luiz gave the ball away when only Mikel and Cahill were in a defensive position, they could do nothing to stop Hernandez who's first touch was very good.

About Cahill's positioning - if you actually pay attention to our CB's you will notice they always stay very wide while the full backs push up. So Cahill was in the position he was meant to be, only way he would have been better positioned is if he was psychic and knew Luiz was going to lose the ball before he even got to the half way line.

If Cahill was the one who lost the ball and left Luiz exposed, i'm 100% sure he would have received the blame. But now people are making excuses for Luiz, smh.

I do not know how comes he's criticized for his mistakes while Terry and Cahill are getting away with it. Don't get me wrong, into my eyes his mistakes are a genuine concern and all, but into my book, the two english are as mistake-prone as him, if not more. I believe it comes from his eccentric look, and that medias' propaganda (ever since his second game for us, against manure) has worked.

Although, it gotta stop. I don't know what happened in his head this summer, but he kinda has gone backward - and I believe the coach could also take his share of the blame. Indeed, I thought André Villas-Boas did a superb job with him. From mid-autumn to May, David was marvellous - his game had been simplified, he was making simple and safe passes, wasn't trying to attempt stupid passes or dribbles. I guess that a psychological work will have to be done on him ; the Luiz of last season has to come back !

I disagree, i remember then he was constantly making one stupid mistake per game.

I remember for about 4 games in a row it was him and Cech costing us a goal each. Remember his awful mistake in the Villa game?, when Petrov put Villa ahead 2-1 in like the 78th minute.

Clumsy in the Newcastle game when he took Demba Ba out as last man and should've gotten a red card.

Also the Napoli game when he tried to do too much then Lavezzi scored the 3-1 winner, which almost put us out of the tournament all together.

I must say though in most of them games he put in a good performance despite making silly mistakes. But i can't say he was solid, not with the silly mistakes and some comical performances. Against Liverpool he was our best defender, when we lost 2-1, although he got embarrased against Suarez, but that was about it.

I think that was the game when Gary Neville said it's like he's being controlled by a 10 year old kid on a playstation.

To be honest I miss the David Luiz what first came to us, when he came on against Liverpool when we were losing 1-0 to a Meireles goal, he was the only positive from that game. Then afterwards he was unbelievable, that United game... wow... that goal and his performance was amazing, he actually shown Terry how to defend that game. Then against Man City (probably his best performance in a Chelsea shirt), amazing against Fulham despite the penalty he conceded. But then afterwards he was awful, and didn't seem to change much next season either under AVB, but was better.

The only time Luiz has shown his old self, was against Fulham in that cup game, when we drew 0-0 and won on penalties, yes Turnbull was actually good. David Luiz was unbelievable, he was on great form, just came back from injury actually and that game he was on fire, i really thought we had him back. Then he started to make lots of mistakes.

At the end of the day, Luiz is the most talented defender at Chelsea.

I think all Luiz needs is a bit of discipline. Everyone knows how much talent he has but he needs to learn how to express himself for the benefit of the team.

eg. if Luiz wants to make a run forward, that's great...but he should only make that run IF he's sure that the defensive players are ready to cover for him.

At the end of the day, Luiz is the most talented defender at Chelsea.

I think all Luiz needs is a bit of discipline. Everyone knows how much talent he has but he needs to learn how to express himself for the benefit of the team.

eg. if Luiz wants to make a run forward, that's great...but he should only make that run IF he's sure that the defensive players are ready to cover for him.

Luiz is talented - but to say he's the best at Chelsea is pushing it.

He's an average defender, talented player

He needs to cut out the mistakes and stop playing fucking hopeless long balls - turning over possession and putting us under pressure.

I think we still need a Defender and Striker and maybe Busquets, then we have an awesome team - unstoppable...

Stop having short memory and being pessimistic about him, the dude has heart and spirit, and like Ramires, he'll start kissing the badge sooner or later. He has also had alot of great games. I believe for sure that he'll learn from his mistakes and with the help of J.T., he'll have the same qualities just as our beloved captain soon enough. Nevertheless, I'm planning to buy the home shirt, preferrably with the star, with his name and number on the back.

Luiz is talented - but to say he's the best at Chelsea is pushing it.

He's an average defender, talented player

He needs to cut out the mistakes and stop playing fucking hopeless long balls - turning over possession and putting us under pressure.

I think we still need a Defender and Striker and maybe Busquets, then we have an awesome team - unstoppable...

To be honest mate, I don't think he means Luiz is the best defender at the club but instead he means that he possesses the most talent with what he can do eg running with the ball, being quite acrobatic as we have seen and adding a few tricks, a rare attribute he has for a CB :)

If Cahill was the one who lost the ball and left Luiz exposed, i'm 100% sure he would have received the blame. But now people are making excuses for Luiz, smh.

Da fuq?

Cahill never get's flagged up for any error's. He got away scot free of criticism for the Naples and Monaco disasters while Luiz got it from all angles. I like Cahill and i like the passion he has, but looking back at some comments on here he is so over rated it's untrue.

I made a post in Mats Hummels thread concerning Luiz.

I 100% believe he would fail as Defensive Midfielder but a Box To Box Midfielder is another. If RDM were able to convert him to a B2B he would almost be world class.He has all the attributes of a B2B, he can shoot, pass, dribble, run, has bags of energy and has the will and fighting spirit.

Da fuq?

Cahill never get's flagged up for any error's. He got away scot free of criticism for the Naples and Monaco disasters while Luiz got it from all angles. I like Cahill and i like the passion he has, but looking back at some comments on here he is so over rated it's untrue.

Because he doesn't do things like give the ball away in his half and leave everyone exposed.

Cahill makes mistakes, because he's not some type of super defender that is meant to be able to perfectly mark every striker. If Luiz made those type of mistakes then he won't get nearly as much criticism, but no instead he plays hoofball for no reason, wanders out of position, loses the ball in midfield, tries to pinch everything, etc etc.

And the overrated bit is hilarious and also ridiculous. You've been defending Luiz for a while now by picking on Cahill, just like you did/still do with Kalou and Torres.

I made a post in Mats Hummels thread concerning Luiz.

I 100% believe he would fail as Defensive Midfielder but a Box To Box Midfielder is another. If RDM were able to convert him to a B2B he would almost be world class.He has all the attributes of a B2B, he can shoot, pass, dribble, run, has bags of energy and has the will and fighting spirit.

That's an interesting call on Luiz. He has the attributes to be a pretty good B2B midfielder, not sure he'd ever be world-class though. The big (hypothetical) question would be, if Luiz ever became a B2B midfielder, who would play alongside him in Chelsea's midfield?

That's an interesting call on Luiz. He has the attributes to be a pretty good B2B midfielder, not sure he'd ever be world-class though. The big (hypothetical) question would be, if Luiz ever became a B2B midfielder, who would play alongside him in Chelsea's midfield?

I think it depends on the opposition really. Against a team like ManUtd you want Mikel to start. So the the choice would be between Luiz and Ramires, however Rami has already proven himself against this opposition so for big games it would be Mikel and Ramires. Against 'weaker' team like Soton or West Ham a duo of Luiz and Ramires could be played. They lack the stability of Mikel but they would create a high pressing and very agressive midfield that would win the ball back quickly.