David Luiz

the wes

He did make 2 or 3 very good runs ... I remember one, where he dribbled past 3 Colombian players :rolleyes:

But I agree that he had a great game and kept both Falcao and Martinez in check. He has had a few bad games for Chelsea, but in September and October he played pretty solid IMO and I don't know what happened since than ... maybe he is just not comfortable playing with Cahill.

May sound stupid but,

Anyone actually think he'd make a good striker lol?

Can defend, good on the ball, good balance, good control, can finish? Big fella to good in the air.

I mean we've seen weirder things in football, Bale moving from LB to centre forward, sturridge and torres are shite, and if were not going to try moses could stick him their till january got nothing to loose really.

May sound stupid but,

Anyone actually think he'd make a good striker lol?

Can defend, good on the ball, good balance, good control, can finish? Big fella to good in the air.

I mean we've seen weirder things in football, Bale moving from LB to centre forward, sturridge and torres are shite, and if were not going to try moses could stick him their till january got nothing to loose really.

No, he would be terrible. But he would make a world class DM though.

And about the "Sturridge is shite" part, lets just see about that shall we :)

No, he would be terrible. But he would make a world class DM though.

And about the "Sturridge is shite" part, lets just see about that shall we :)

Im not so sure about him being terrible, I agree about the DM part tho, i imagine he'd be quality their.

It's simple, Luiz needs Terry next to him to perform his best.

Maybe even Iva?

I dont know, obviousley Cahill+Luiz isnt that great (yet), but I feel that Luiz is getting alot more shit than he should. And Cahill really isnt that much better than him.

Our strongest combo has been Luiz+Terry,

Maybe even Iva?

I dont know, obviousley Cahill+Luiz isnt that great (yet), but I feel that Luiz is getting alot more shit than he should. And Cahill really isnt that much better than him.

Luiz is better then cahill, at least he should be. Cahill is probably still a better defender tho.

Maybe even Iva?

It genuinely bemuses when i see comments giving Luiz flack then bigging up Cahill in the same paragraph. Cahill's clearly the new fan sensation, he could probably deliberately score an own goal and most won't bat an eyelid.

It genuinely bemuses when i see comments giving Luiz flack then bigging up Cahill in the same paragraph. Cahill's clearly the new fan sensation, he could probably deliberately score an own goal and most won't bat an eyelid.

That is an overstatement to say the least. Just check our last match thread to see the criticism that Garry has received. I think he has been average this season; had a couple of great performances like Tottenham and a couple bad performances like Manu and WBA. He's also popped up with some important goals and an assist.

It's a bit harsh saying that people defend Cahill beyond reason especially after defending Luiz when he has had some inexcusable performances the past month.

That is an overstatement to say the least. Just check our last match thread to see the criticism that Garry has received. I think he has been average this season; had a couple of great performances like Tottenham and a couple bad performances like Manu and WBA. He's also popped up with some important goals and an assist.

It's a bit harsh saying that people defend Cahill beyond reason especially after defending Luiz when he has had some inexcusable performances the past month.

I think they have both been awful since the International break yet Luiz gets so much more flack, i have seen comments saying Luiz should not even be considered a CB yet in the same comment suggesting Cahill should be a first choice one.

Cahill might be abit better in the cahill+luiz partnership, but Luiz is ALOT better with Terry than Cahill is with Luiz.

Aye but terry wont be around much longer, and if cahill works better with iva, as Terry works well with everyone more or less, we might have to go the route, i really like luiz as ive always said but if he dosent work he dosent work send him to midfield if not.

Aye but terry wont be around much longer, and if cahill works better with iva, as Terry works well with everyone more or less, we might have to go the route, i really like luiz as ive always said but if he dosent work he dosent work send him to midfield if not.

Ivanovic and Luiz had solid games together last term. Ivanovic and Cahill have played together twice (neither time we kept a clean sheet) we need to wait a while before proclaiming them some great partnership. Plus you say Terry won't be around for ever, Ivan is 29 soon, he isn't too far behind JT himself.

Ivanovic and Luiz had solid games together last term. Ivanovic and Cahill have played together twice (neither time we kept a clean sheet) we need to wait a while before proclaiming them some great partnership. Plus you say Terry won't be around for ever, Ivan is 29 soon, he isn't too far behind JT himself.

Well see how it goes, im not sure about how solid david luiz is full stop but i'd like him to do well.

I think they have both been awful since the International break yet Luiz gets so much more flack, i have seen comments saying Luiz should not even be considered a CB yet in the same comment suggesting Cahill should be a first choice one.

Agree with that one. If Terry were fit, neither should be near the starting XI atm.

Yeah I really dont know... not long ago we looked really solid defensively but lately we've looked really shaky.

Problem is that if Luiz goes midfield then we need at least 1 more CB, probably 2 even because Terry wont be around for much longer.

But I would really like to see something like below here in a game:

Azpi - Cahill - Terry - Cole

Ramires - Luiz