David Luiz

the wes

every big team in the world, CHELSEA,BAYERN, BARCA, RM, UNITED, CITY etc etc have a big squad. bayern have an equally bigger squad to us when they have 4 league games less to play and 1 domestic tournament less to play and all this is done not wothout a reason. when u want to win trophies, u have to win majority of the matches. u cant afford to have an out of form CB (luiz), an out-of form LB (cole), a highly constrained and way past his prime CDM (lamps), play against a team like newcastle at st. james' park. there are better options than what these guys can provide us with right now. GC, bert, mikel have already shown they can. schurlle has set the scene on fire and deserves to be selected ahead of our not in top-form yet POTY for the last 2 years, mata. this is the sacrifice we have to make for being the title challengers. we cant provide the players with their own sweet time to get back into top form to clinch top 4, cos we have to win the other matches too to win the league. for eg- against schalke, i see no reason why any of mata, luiz, cole, lamps should start.

Do you see much rotation being done by any of those sides? I see the same starting XI every time I see Barcelona play for example. Same defenders (if you can call Mascherano one), same fullbacks, some rotation in the midfield for the older players, granted, but that's a about it.

I don't completely disagree with your points; my point is that this is one of the most difficult aspects of managing a top team. Juggling a big squad and not having unhappy players who also cannot be counted on.

Do you see much rotation being done by any of those sides? I see the same starting XI every time I see Barcelona play for example. Same defenders (if you can call Mascherano one), same fullbacks, some rotation in the midfield for the older players, granted, but that's a about it.

I don't completely disagree with your points; my point is that this is one of the most difficult aspects of managing a top team. Juggling a big squad and not having unhappy players who also cannot be counted on.

i dont see barca doin it cos u dont see them losing. they have 31 points in 11 ganes, what does that tell u.

now look at united and city. and see them for an example. defenders like rio totally out of form has been benched for evans (just one example).

jose is an exceptional manager and u expect him to know his own trade (and he damn well does). moreover, these are profesional players who can see more than us fans, what is going on. who is in form and who is out of it.

This is getting tedious. Every time Cahill plays and makes a mistake, people say Luiz should have played instead. And when Luiz plays and makes a mistake, then oh Cahill should have played rather than Luiz! Really, regardless of who plays, they should be doing better with the defending especially when most of the mistakes seem to come from either one having brainfart moments with basic defending stuff!

So what do you suggest??? Try out Kalas???

So what do you suggest??? Try out Kalas???

No. The point is, the players should be cutting out their silly mistakes. There is no point in going round and round saying this player should have played instead because the other made a mistake after every game.

If it continues like for 4-5 games in a row, then fine kick that player out and give others a chance perhaps but not overreacting to asking for change from game to game basis.

azpi-iva-JT-bert. at this moment, this will probably be our best back 4.

After all these games, having to go there is probably tedious work. That will change our entire defensive setup( for good or for worse)

Then again, that back 4 has not played a single game this season- its more like going back a few steps. The best thing is to get Luiz's and Cahill's shit together.

After all these games, having to go there is probably tedious work. That will change our entire defensive setup( for good or for worse)

Then again, that back 4 has not had a single game this season- its more like going back a few steps. The best thing is to get Luiz's and Cahill's shit together.

tbh i still feel GC-JT have been very steady and very good.

they have played hull, villa, united,fulham,schalke, city and conceded just 2 goals.

and while we are saying that GC needs to sort his shit out, i feel he has been very good. the aguero goal was NOT his mistake by any stretch of imagination. if u give me a chance of taking a ST at an acute angle against the near post of cech, i would take that. against arsenal and schalke he was good and steady.

its just the DL fans that feel GC is a patheitic defender who has no technical ability etc etc.

tbh i still feel GC-JT have been very steady and very good.

they have played hull, villa, united,fulham,schalke, city and conceded just 2 goals.

and while we are saying that GC needs to sort his shit out, i feel he has been very good. the aguero goal was NOT his mistake by any stretch of imagination. if u give me a chance of taking a ST at an acute angle against the near post of cech, i would take that. against arsenal and schalke he was good and steady.

its just the DL fans that feel GC is a patheitic defender who has no technical ability etc etc.

Let's just risk them till January and hopefully one of them comes out fine from this mess. Last thing i want is John Terry to fuck up- Season over.

i dont see barca doin it cos u dont see them losing. they have 31 points in 11 ganes, what does that tell u.

now look at united and city. and see them for an example. defenders like rio totally out of form has been benched for evans (just one example).

jose is an exceptional manager and u expect him to know his own trade (and he damn well does). moreover, these are profesional players who can see more than us fans, what is going on. who is in form and who is out of it.

It tells me they have como Cahill on their lineup. :)

They play very weak sides mostly and setup to beat them. I reckon that's what we tried but ncastle we're not as badas we expected them 2 be.

Enders game break...

There is a guy that I really respect that usually say: "a bad team can destroy a CB career, while a good team can make a poor defender look good".

One of the biggest myths if that David Luiz playing for Brazil NT is another player. Thats not true at all, he is the same one, he do the same mistakes he do at Chelsea (every player does). The difference is: Brazil is having better results than Chelsea. When Luiz started playing for Brazil, and the results were far from good, there were a lot of people here saying: "This David Luiz is not a NT material. Dedé should be playing."

After Confederations Cup, when Brazil did really well, everything changed.

The same thing happens in Chelsea. People are just saying: "last season he was really good". Thats 100% lie. Luiz played against Newcastle in the same level he did most part of the last season, as a CB. Was an overall decent performance for a CB in a team that played like shit. The difference is very simple: Chelsea ended the season playing really well and getting really good results: just won Europa League. We also can't forget that he played most part of the 2nd leg of the season as a DM.

I always said that Luiz is more a DM than a CB. Only Lampard die hard fans would say that Luiz won't do any better than the living legend (no sarcasm here) playing alongside Ramires in the mid at this moment.

Football is a game of results, and right now who should be playing (Luiz or Cahill) is the last of our concerns. With the kind of players we have, we are not a ultra defensive team, those teams that just can't win a match if they do concede a goal. We should more concerned with Hazard, Oscar, Lampard, Mata...

If you want a solid CB combo it should be Ivanovic and Terry. Luiz should be playing in the mid instead of Lampard, but I unfortunately I don't see that happening, so b between Luiz and Cahill, the #4 is a better option in my opinion and will always be. Every time Cahill play instead of Luiz, he shows that he is far from this "solid defender" that some of you think he is, just like in the game against City when their players were passing through Cahill just like knife through hot butter.

His name should be the discussion this morning he was awful ,we used to have gutless centre halves like he was yesterday in the late seventies who played like cowards up north and did not like the weather ,if he likes playing on the beach ,England is not for him . Gary Cahill must partner John Terry who was fantastic .

At fault for the second goal, as far as I'm concerned. Far too easily beaten in the tackle, and ghosted past by Vernun Anita (LOL), as if he wasn't even there. Looks seriously out of his depth right now; I believe he needs to focus on the simple aspects of the game rather than trying his current, laissez faires approach.

Apart from the second goal and an earlier mistake at 0-0, I thought he actually did well and was one of the few people actually trying. He was really trying hard to compensate for the lack of passing ability in our pivot and tried to move the ball himself to attack as evident by the number of long balls he played.

Overall a decent game and not nearly as bad as people are making it out to be.

I totally agree I think he was really trying.