Roman Abramovich Thread

3 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I don't see anything good in this Wyss person, imagine having 5-6 investitors to decide on club actions a complete nightmare.

Well that because Wyss net worth is only around £4.3b, Roman is asking around £3b - £4b to sell us.

Who is Hansjorg Wyss

Hansjorg Wyss, 86, is a Swiss billionaire who founded Synthes USA - a medical device manufacturer - in  1977. 

Synthes USA is the world's largest maker of implants to mend bone fractures.

Wyss sold the company to Johnson & Johnson in 2012 in a deal worth $20.2bn (£15.2bn). Synthes is now part of their DePuy division. 

In 2017, DePuy Synthes launched its Titanium 3-D Printed Implants for use in facial reconstruction.

According to Forbes, Wyss has a net worth of $5.8bn (£4.3bn) as of 2021. He now holds stakes in biotech firms NovoCure and Molecular Partners.

Wyss has donated hundreds of millions of dollars to environmental charities and has more recently pledged money to politically progressive causes.

Forbes says that Wyss is 'among the most philanthropic people in the world'.

In 2013, he signed The Giving Pledge, thereby agreeing to give away the majority of his fortune. Other pledgers include Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg and Warren Buffett.

The 86-year-old has no record of owning a football club or investing in sport.  

5 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I don't see anything good in this Wyss person, imagine having 5-6 investitors to decide on club actions a complete nightmare.

I’m talking just him on a personal level. Looks like he’s huge into philanthropy and environmental issues which is great.The football side of things is indeed very concerning. I’ll reserve judgment until we actually hear the plan.

And again, this guy is nearly 90 years old. What happens within the next 5 years when the inevitable happens? Very weird choice of new ownership.

For all who might be confused, that troll is backing turncoat Russian-paid Don Cossack terrorists

A good analogy:

20% of the Black and Tans were native Irish, amongst the most viscous in terms of skull-cracking the Republicans

the Don Cossacks are looked at by most Ukrainians the same as that 20% were looked at by the vast majority of the Irish

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

And again, this guy is nearly 90 years old. What happens within the next 5 years when the inevitable happens? Very weird choice of new ownership.

If he was buying the club with a bunch of other investors like he said he wants to, I would assume the other investors just get a chance to buy the shares from his estate once he's passed. Or alternatively his share of the club would be inherited by his daughter who also seems to be a billionaire herself.

4 minutes ago, Jype said:

If he was buying the club with a bunch of other investors like he said he wants to, I would assume the other investors just get a chance to buy the shares from his estate once he's passed. Or alternatively his share of the club would be inherited by his daughter who also seems to be a billionaire herself.

It’s just weird. I doubt he would be Roman’s first choice under normal circumstances. 

Having seen Newcastle get approval for their Arab owners to take over I’m actually kind of shocked that one of the other ones has come in for us. The UK government clearly had no problems there despite the blatant human rights issues in those countries. But Abramovich’s mere connection to Putin gets him run out of the country.

5 minutes ago, Jype said:

My question is who are these other investors. 

14 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

He claimed Roman have turned down an offer of £2.5b from an unidentified third party earlier this week.

I doubt he will get that much. 

This will be deemed a buyer market giving that sellers like Roman want to sell ASAP and hence should accept buyers demand. 

Otherwise this will drag and he won't be able to sell easily and then sanctions will hit. 

Sky News has learnt that Mr Abramovich's advisers at The Raine Group were expected to issue letters to prospective bidders on Wednesday, with a deadline set for indicative bids in mid-March. Sources close to the process said that as many as 8 multibillionaires were being sounded out about their appetite to buy Chelsea . Several of the parties contacted by Raine are understood to be from the USA with other from Asia .

The Independent has separately been told that Abramovich has set a deadline for indicative bids, before a final round of negotiations. It is far from inconceivable that Chelsea could be sold by their next Premier League home game, which is against Newcastle United on 13 March.

Edited by milka

10 minutes ago, milka said:

Sky News has learnt that Mr Abramovich's advisers at The Raine Group were expected to issue letters to prospective bidders on Wednesday, with a deadline set for indicative bids in mid-March. Sources close to the process said that as many as 8 multibillionaires were being sounded out about their appetite to buy Chelsea . Several of the parties contacted by Raine are understood to be from the USA with other from Asia .

The Independent has separately been told that Abramovich has set a deadline for indicative bids, before a final round of negotiations. It is far from inconceivable that Chelsea could be sold by their next Premier League home game, which is against Newcastle United on 13 March.

Like @Pizy said the next buyer has a higher potential to from USA. 

Chelsea is very big in USA and giving the owners that have bought PL clubs, it is the best thing to have.

If it does happen, let's be glad that it's at least happening when we have Tuchel already in charge.

The biggest challenge when ownership changes is what happens to the management structure below. And at least we have Tuchel in charge of the team.

Also, Roman was never going to manage the club forever. 

But it's a shame if it all ends this way.

Amongst everything the most important person at the football club right now is Tuchel. I feel so long as his job is secure he'll be happy to stay here under new owners and potentially new management. 

It is of upmost importance that during this whole process, he is backed and supported to take Chelsea on in a new era.

Another American name now coming into the picture along with Wyss. Todd Boehly, who partly owns the LA Dodgers and Lakers as well as the Cloud9 eSports org. Big time into sports and entertainment. Tried to tempt Roman with a bid a couple years ago. Seems like he could be part of the team of billionaires who will bid together.

This is the kind of guy that I think could be promising. He’s all about star power, flash, and Hollywood entertainment. Will probably want to see Chelsea continue to boom in America.