Roman Abramovich Thread

3 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

What the hell has happened to Americans? The place is a mad house.

Only thing to be said for Gov. Ricketts is that he wasn't the one displaying the stunning credulity to believe such drivel. I hope he at least had the sense to disavow this nonsense.

Gov Pete's motto:

Just Say No😿

6b0d1e7d769ad36ba1dc462c206e5dff.jpg

Edited by Vesper

2 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

What the hell has happened to Americans? The place is a mad house.

Only thing to be said for Gov. Ricketts is that he wasn't the one displaying the stunning credulity to believe such drivel. I hope he at least had the sense to disavow this nonsense.

This country has allowed Fox News and Facebook to spread propaganda and lies with ZERO consequence for years. Then Trump came along and showed all the worst people that they no longer have to hide or mask their disgusting beliefs and behavior. You can just be openly toxic/racist/regressive etc and it’s okay.

And the likes of the Ricketts family & Ken Griffin support those very people financially. 🤢🤢🤢

33 minutes ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

Theres a report from The Times claiming that Bruce Buck has organised a meeting with Tom Ricketts and Paul Canoville. If so, is that not a breach and conflict of interest?

they already met

and now Canoville is saying he is feeling better about the Ricketts clan, ffs

Paul Canoville is 'reassured' by Tom Ricketts after one-hour meeting with Chelsea bidder following his patriarch Joe's apology for calling Muslims 'my enemy'... as Blues' first black player insists it's 'critical that the club is sold to the right person'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10665665/Paul-Canoville-reassured-Tom-Ricketts-one-hour-meeting-Chelsea-bidder.html

50 minutes ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

Theres a report from The Times claiming that Bruce Buck has organised a meeting with Tom Ricketts and Paul Canoville. If so, is that not a breach and conflict of interest?

15 minutes ago, Vesper said:

they already met

and now Canoville is saying he is feeling better about the Ricketts clan, ffs

Paul Canoville is 'reassured' by Tom Ricketts after one-hour meeting with Chelsea bidder following his patriarch Joe's apology for calling Muslims 'my enemy'... as Blues' first black player insists it's 'critical that the club is sold to the right person'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10665665/Paul-Canoville-reassured-Tom-Ricketts-one-hour-meeting-Chelsea-bidder.html

If you carry on reading, it says they are also speaking with the other bidders. 

Far, far too much baggage with the Rickets bid in fear of fan outcry. Everything points towards Boehly. 

Rickets - A skeletal disorder that results in soft and weak bones

A disease for which urgent medical attention is usually recommended by healthcare providers

Leads to infections, trauma, scurvy with triggered periostitis—resulting in chronic swelling and pain.....

Chelsea fan  MAH/MATISSE ARMANI content creator on YouTube and Twitch.tv - setting the Saturday ricketts protests.

Read and keep up to date with Chelsea protests.

https://twitter.com/matissearmani

https://twitter.com/matissearmani/status/1509455544884596736

‘We can no longer just STAND AROUND we must now STAND TOGETHER!’ 

A moment in time that could alter the way your club operates for the rest of your lifetime. You’ve spoken online now speak outside. Bring your banners and signs. Keep the peace, to protect the point. 12pm. 2/4/22 https://t.co/CaRnfqurFC

Edited by KEVINAA

I don't have a problem with the Ricketts arranging to meet Canoville. In fact I think it's a very proactive move given the negativity surrounding their bid at present.

I don't like the idea though that Bruce Buck was present at the meeting. Facilitate it on request for them, but why does he need to be involved?

It does feel at present like Buck and Raine want the Ricketts bid to succeed. Things do appear quite shady at present and I'm quite dubious to believe that its a complete level playing field at the moment. It does seem like some are trying to smooth things over for the Ricketts bid.

The most worrying thing for me is the reports of how much power the likes of Buck, Marina and Lawrence have over the final decision of the new owners. They may be highly respected within the Chelsea hierarchy but they're not the owners and they're not neutral or an outside party in this matter. Potentially their own futures are linked and possibly dependent on new owners (especially if any of them are determined to remain in their roles at the club). Who's to say that they wouldn't prefer an owner who still see's a role for them over a bid that is better for the overall future of the club.

I've mentioned a few times I've never liked or trusted Bruce Buck. The general acceptance is that he was the one within the club pushing for the Super League and I think it speaks volumes that Steve Gibson specifically named him when issuing his statement criticising Chelsea over requested a behind closed doors match against Boro. He comes across as extremely arrogant, but seems more than happy for someone else to front up when difficult questions are asked. I find it a disgrace he made little attempts to deal with media frenzy over the Super League and now under the sanctions leaving Tuchel to deal with it all.

I've absolutely no trust whatsoever that he would make a decision that benefits the club over his own personal feelings or benefits and that is the biggest worry currently under all of this.

19 hours ago, milka said:

This is the first unimpressive thing I'm aware of him saying. It's unimpressive to the point of silliness.

I've said many times, in a different context, that the only way for a 17 year-old Lionel Messi to emerge from a youth academy is for a younger Lionel Messi to have entered it some years earlier. There are many things a footballer can be taught but talent is not one of them, and talent is the vital ingredient for top level players. It is sound to hope for a regular supply of Champions League capable youngsters but it is unsound to expect it. Very unsound.

All that a club can do is make youngsters the honest promise that it will help them become the best player they possibly can. For most youngsters however the best they can be will not be good enough for Chelsea. I'l be surprised if, within a decade, we see another group of kids like the crop who graduated in the last few years. The odd one here and there but a whole stream of them would amaze me.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

On 31/03/2022 at 14:52, Superblue_1986 said:

Who's to say that they wouldn't prefer an owner who still see's a role for them over a bid that is better for the overall future of the club.

I think you are right. It would be only natural for them to be most impressed with the bidders who are most impressed with them. Unless they have all decided to leave the club once the bidding process is over, they should really recuse themselves from the decision about which bid to accept.

On 31/03/2022 at 14:52, Superblue_1986 said:

I've mentioned a few times I've never liked or trusted Bruce Buck. The general acceptance is that he was the one within the club pushing for the Super League and I think it speaks volumes that Steve Gibson specifically named him when issuing his statement criticising Chelsea over requested a behind closed doors match against Boro. He comes across as extremely arrogant, but seems more than happy for someone else to front up when difficult questions are asked

I've met Bruce Buck, at a Chelsea Foundation event, and I must say that on that occasion he did not come across as arrogant. Quite the opposite really. When you brought him up I thought that you might mention the incident with CPO vote on whether a move away from Stamford Bridge would be acceptable. That was when a 'bribe' was offered to those who voted in favour, and only those who voted in favour, that they would have their names inscribed, forever, on seats in any new stadium. That offer was a disgrace and had to be walked back fast. I don't know if it was dreamt up by Bruce, Roman or someone else but it was a bad mistake.

24 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I think you are right. It would be only natural for them to be most impressed with the bidders who are most impressed with them. Unless they have all decided to leave the club once the bidding process is over, they should really recuse themselves from the decision about which bid to accept.

I've met Bruce Buck, at a Chelsea Foundation event, and I must say that on that occasion he did not come across as arrogant. Quite the opposite really. When you brought him up I thought that you might mention the incident with CPO vote on whether a move away from Stamford Bridge would be acceptable. That was when a 'bribe' was offered to those who voted in favour, and only those who voted in favour, that they would have their names inscribed, forever, on seats in any new stadium. That offer was a disgrace and had to be walked back fast. I don't know if it was dreamt up by Bruce, Roman or someone else but it was a bad mistake.

I have never met Bruce Buck so can only trust your judgement on him face to face. The few times I have heard him talk, he just doesn't portray someone who I can fully trust.

I could be completely wrong but he's the Chelsea chairman and whilst Roman is the owner, he isn't involved in the day to day running of the club. For me, as the chairman, Bruce Buck should shoulder more responsibility for poor decision making than I feel he does. There have been numerous times where the club has shot itself in the foot from a PR perspective and he has to take much of the responsibility for that. Some of the decisions such as the Super League, the Boro game, CPO, etc scream to me complete arrogance and also a lack of respect and consideration for the fans. This is what worries me most about him having potentially a big say in this club's future, I don't think any consideration will be taken for the opposition to the Ricketts bid.

None of the bids will be perfect, and likely all of them will result in a change of philosophy from Roman's tenure, but there are 4 bids available and one has staunch and fierce opposition to it. Unless it was absolutely miles clear from the rest as a bid (and if it was then I think it should be presented as such to the fans to see if they'd be willing to reconsider the current stance) then for the harmony and atmosphere around the club, one of the other 3 should be selected instead.