Champions League Final 2012 - Chelsea 1 (4) - (3) 1 Bayern Munich

BlueLion.

344 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

http://www.uefa.com/...Olympic Stadium

For everyone who will go to Germany without the ticket.

http://www.whoscored...hampions-League

Try to look here.

EDIT: NO ONE since current format began in 1992.

Liverpool were the only one who did get to final, but lost in it.

Yeah that's what I thought.

No team has won the CL final that won the semis in penalties under the CL format.

Thanks for the follow up.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

speak a little german, you? i support the hsv in hamburg. st. pauli is a hooligan club

I don't speak German, but I really like the country. HSV is a traditional powerhouse in Germany. Not to go off topic but they have a Bosnian player on the squad, Muhamed Besic. He's considered a huge talent but had some issues with the coach recently. Seems to be resolved now though.

Anyways, nice meeting you.

Of couse its not gonna be easy, and yes Bayern got home advantage. But lets us 17.500 supporters

make Chelsea feel like at the Brigde on CL nights. Bayern is much more then Ribery and Robben.

I like German football, but god fuckin damn i hate this shit beer and wurst eating idiots and the hole

club, with one more arrogant idiot then the other, beckenbauer,rummenigge, Hoeneß not to mention

Matthäus. To beat them = pure heaven :halo:

I think we have to be honest with ourselves and say that Bayern have a better team then what we've got. This will be a really tight game but one of the things I have in our favour is that Bayern usually go through a 5 minute spell were they concede 2-3 goals. They did this at Old Trafford against Man utd a few years ago and against Real Madrid and I have seen it in the German league too. I really feel that if we win the FA cup then we probably will not win the CL I just have a feeling.

Same with Barça - we managed to beat them, didn't we?

Same with Barça - we managed to beat them, didn't we?

Yes but Bayern are a very similar side to us, they are a sturdy mechanical team with a touch of flair on the wing. They're much more direct then Barca and they have many possibilities to find our net, Barcelona have less goal scorers then Bayern. Thomas Muller, Arjen Robben, Frank Ribery and Mario Gomez can all find our net at any moment. They're a very strong team and they have German efficiency.

Let me start off by firstly saying that i am not implying that we should be favourites or anything as Bayern will be firm favourites to win this and like Barcelona and Napoli and City and Valencia (I could go on) were supposed to do, 'turn us over'. However, some of the comments i'm seeing about this Bayern team are like there world beaters and i've watched them a few times this season online and they are seriously beatable if we turn up.

They are mightily inconsistent and there defence isn't far off from being worse than Napoli or Benfica's and i'm talking about when there all fit. There defence will probably be Rafinha-Boateng-Tymoschuk-Lahm and like i said if we get the fired up Drogba i could honestly see him tearing them apart. They have a right back who is very much in the Bosingwa/Walker mode as in gets forward quite well but suspect defensively, Boateng who's decent enough and Tymoschuk who's a defensive midfielder, but has rarely CB and so will be a big risk. If your worried about our defence, then they have much more problems there than us. Even if Van Buyten makes it, having not played much Drogba will be a big shock for him

Then we have their midfield and once again the loss of Gustavo will be huge for them as once again they have minimal cover their. The only other natural DM they have has barely played this season and so they'll probably be forced to play Kroos along with Schweinsteiger who are both not exactly defensive minded. They were so open in the centre of the park against Madrid and so imagine not actually playing a DM there, it'd be like us play Meireles and Ramires in the double pivot (which we've seen get exposed).

There attack is outstanding and that should be our main area of worry as it is just quite superb, but we've dealt with Napoli, Barca etc and so it will require full concentration. Anyway we're still underdogs, but this will play to our favour as thats what the players love and is when we perform best. The one round we weren't underdogs in and we almost messed that up. So all i'm saying is their is definitely hope and a chance

Hey guys, Im a Bayern fan & I wanna congradulate you guys for that win over Barcelona! I don't personally enjoy that style of play but it's a style that can be very effective against a club like Barcelona. Cech was absolutely brilliant & so was Drogba apart from all those dives. It will be a great final & both teams have strengths they can play to to gain some sort of edge in the match.

Ultimately I think that Bayern will win this because Bayern has more attacking power than Chelsea but if Cech pulls another one of those matches anything can happen. Bayern will indeed be missing Gustavo who is out main ball winner in the midfield, Badstuber who has absolutely been brilliant as a CB this season & Alaba who has been incredible for a 19 year old who hasn't even played 10 matches as LB.. It's quite clear that Kroos & Schweinsteiger will play the midfield together while Tymoschuk will play as a CB, but the fullback position can be different than people think. Bayern has Contento who is a pure LB & has been pretty good in the matches he played this year & Pranjic who is a left wing that can even play LB if need be but that would not be the main option.

Whatever happens, the defense will pretty much be of similar strength apart from Lahm so they will need to attack from the side where Lahm is not to get through. In terms of Goalkeeping, Bayern has a slight edge for having the best keeper in the world but I personally rate Cech VERY high, perhaps even higher than Casillas this year so they can both change the outcome of a match. The midfield I would give Bayern an edge on the offensive side but in terms of defense Chelsea probably wins this. If Schweinsteiger come back to his full level of fitness like he was at the begining of the year though, he will be a monster both offensively & defensively but 3 weeks is a short period of time to reach this level. In offense though, Bayern clearly has the edge because of Robben & Ribery. Drogba is more of a versatile striker but he is not as prolific as Gomez has been this year but he still will be a major threat. Muller & Mata are of similar skill in my opinion so that's no factor.

Bayern plays a possession game mostly but doesn't get boring like Barca does without a striker. I believe that Chelsea will have to play a similar game than they played against Barcelona to have a chance to win it because Bayern will most definitely keep possession of the ball at a 60/40 percentage more or less & the defense & defensive midfield will be missing some of their key components. Mind you, Tymoschuk might be better than Badstuber on a counter attack because he is a defensive midfielder & has more pace than Badstuber but that's left to be seen.

I don't know much about Chelsea so I will not start saying things without knowing but I have seen Chelsea play a few times this year since I sort of knew that they would get far, but this far has been a surprise to me & probably most of you as well. Im just really happy to not have any spanish sides in this final for a change!

My prediction is a 3-1 win for Bayern because they respond extermely well to pressure, they might be inconsistent in the league but they are as consistent as it gets in the Champions League, they will be at home & it's common knowledge that Germans are nearly impossible to beat at home & they were able to beat Madrid, who has been the best club in the world this year in my opinion, as dirty & cocky they may be..

Anyways, good luck guys & Congrats for getting there against all odds!

(Im not here to troll anyone FYI, I am here to see your opinion of this matchup who will probably be one of the most interesting one in a while!)

Well Robben missed that pen i think so hopefully justice will be done if they both do it against us. Robben did it enough for us tbh lol so we know about him. I hope the officials are strong and wise to their wing men. I love Robben tho (for now). Also they are both ridiculously predictable. If we had our best back 4, i wouldn't be as worried but with Bosingwa out there, he's as retarded a RB as you can get so he'll let Ribery keep going outside him. Whereas on the other side, Robben always, always, always tries to cut in and smash one with his left.

I love that phrase 'Robbery' lol that's quality.

They are favourite due to home advantage and freshness we're all aware of that that's the only reason. They are very predictable. I personally think they are rather average, they only got through Madrid because they were fresher. They weren't great in their league (much weaker league than ours) and Madrid still cut through them at times in both games.

Hard game of course but nowhere near as hard as Barca or Real Madrid.

Let's hope they get cocky and think it'll be easy because we'll 'park the bus', we'll be focused on this game more than ever so they better be ready.

TBH I don't see that Bayern will be the fresher side. There is plenty of time between now and May 19th, and Di Matteo will rest a bunch of our starters in the 10 days prior to the match, I'm sure.

Our last important match before the Final is May 5th vs Pool, they play on May 12th vs Dortmund (who have beaten Bayern twice this season) in the final of the german cup, so if anything I expect us to be the fresher side going in to the match.

Hey guys, Im a Bayern fan & I wanna congradulate you guys for that win over Barcelona! I don't personally enjoy that style of play but it's a style that can be very effective against a club like Barcelona. Cech was absolutely brilliant & so was Drogba apart from all those dives. It will be a great final & both teams have strengths they can play to to gain some sort of edge in the match.

Ultimately I think that Bayern will win this because Bayern has more attacking power than Chelsea but if Cech pulls another one of those matches anything can happen. Bayern will indeed be missing Gustavo who is out main ball winner in the midfield, Badstuber who has absolutely been brilliant as a CB this season & Alaba who has been incredible for a 19 year old who hasn't even played 10 matches as LB.. It's quite clear that Kroos & Schweinsteiger will play the midfield together while Tymoschuk will play as a CB, but the fullback position can be different than people think. Bayern has Contento who is a pure LB & has been pretty good in the matches he played this year & Pranjic who is a left wing that can even play LB if need be but that would not be the main option.

Whatever happens, the defense will pretty much be of similar strength apart from Lahm so they will need to attack from the side where Lahm is not to get through. In terms of Goalkeeping, Bayern has a slight edge for having the best keeper in the world but I personally rate Cech VERY high, perhaps even higher than Casillas this year so they can both change the outcome of a match. The midfield I would give Bayern an edge on the offensive side but in terms of defense Chelsea probably wins this. If Schweinsteiger come back to his full level of fitness like he was at the begining of the year though, he will be a monster both offensively & defensively but 3 weeks is a short period of time to reach this level. In offense though, Bayern clearly has the edge because of Robben & Ribery. Drogba is more of a versatile striker but he is not as prolific as Gomez has been this year but he still will be a major threat. Muller & Mata are of similar skill in my opinion so that's no factor.

Bayern plays a possession game mostly but doesn't get boring like Barca does without a striker. I believe that Chelsea will have to play a similar game than they played against Barcelona to have a chance to win it because Bayern will most definitely keep possession of the ball at a 60/40 percentage more or less & the defense & defensive midfield will be missing some of their key components. Mind you, Tymoschuk might be better than Badstuber on a counter attack because he is a defensive midfielder & has more pace than Badstuber but that's left to be seen.

I don't know much about Chelsea so I will not start saying things without knowing but I have seen Chelsea play a few times this year since I sort of knew that they would get far, but this far has been a surprise to me & probably most of you as well. Im just really happy to not have any spanish sides in this final for a change!

My prediction is a 3-1 win for Bayern because they respond extermely well to pressure, they might be inconsistent in the league but they are as consistent as it gets in the Champions League, they will be at home & it's common knowledge that Germans are nearly impossible to beat at home & they were able to beat Madrid, who has been the best club in the world this year in my opinion, as dirty & cocky they may be..

(Im not here to troll anyone FYI, I am here to see your opinion of this matchup who will probably be one of the most interesting one in a while!)

Hi, there! Congrats on a good game against Madrid..

Thanks for providing some insight into your team. Very interesting to read. I think Alaba and Ribery was a pretty good combination for your side this season?

You mentioned our attack, but although you mentioned Drogba and Mata (probably our most in-form attackers atm) and compared them with yours., I can tell you that they are just 2 out of at least 6 attacking outlets available for us ^_^

This made me LOL. Muller is a bench player and wouldn't even be on the pitch for Bayern if not for the card situation.

Also, Barcelona, not Madrid, have been the best team in the world for the past few years...until we beat them. And we didn't need pens to do it either. ;)

That Bayern fan said they have the best goalkeeper in the world.. I don't understand? Petr Cech plays for Chelsea, not Bayern. Also comparing Muller to Mata is laughable.

Hope we play this:

Drogba

Torres - Mata - *Sturridge/Kalou

Mikel - Lamps

Cole - Luiz - Cahill - Bosingwa

Cech

*If Sturridge is playing well by the 19th, play him, if not Kalou.

Who's better in each area:

Defense: Chelsea

Midfield: Pretty even, we are slightly better though

Attack: Bayern

This game, on paper, seems to be very even

I'd say:

GK- dead even. Neuer would normally be slightly better than Cech but Petr has been just incredible in recent weeks.

Defence: Chelsea, by miles.

Midfield: Bayern

Attack: Even, as their defensive suspensions cancel out their attacker's individual abilities.

So it's still more or less evenly matched, one thing in our favour is the internal trouble between Robben and Ribery, and the inescapable fact that Gomez goes missing on the big occasion more often than not.

Tag und willkommen :)

Ich kann sprechen Deutsch, aber nicht sehr gut, ja? Drei jahre nach ich gelerne Deutsch in der Realschule.