Champions League Final 2012 - Chelsea 1 (4) - (3) 1 Bayern Munich

BlueLion.

344 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

Ouch...I didn't mean it like that at all..I would've rather had Barca in the final because they're not in form while Chelsea are..And yes the game will pretty much come down to who wants it more but even with that, I still think that playing home will be a good thing for Bayern. And what I meant really is that the player missing for Chelsea are more important than the players missing for Bayern apart from Badstuber. Terry is crucial for Chelsea, he was a HUGE part of Chelsea's success against Barcelona. Badstuber has been great but it might end up being better for Bayern to have Tymoshchuk as CB because he is much faster & Bayern will need that to halt the counter-attacks..But that's just my opinion & it can turn out to be the total opposite since he's not a pure bred CB.

Terry is a massive loss but we can cover that with Luiz and Cahill. Both were partnered together when Terry was injured and did very well, even better as of late. Badstuber is your best CB by a country mile and without reasonable cover you don't worry about who is going to contain Drogba? Especially considering many have tried and failed?

Our major loss is without a doubt Ramires, we don't have anyone on the squad that can play box to box and pretty much excel in any role you give him. Ivanovic is also a major loss since our cover there is weak... Still we have enough veterans who know this is probably their last chance to hoist the trophy so I expect to see a similar performance to that of Barca. you guys have great attacking options but your defence leaves a lot to be desired. Our physicality could be a factor as much as our experience and desire to finally get a trophy.

It won't be easy and Bayern are the favourites but please don't make it sound as though this game can't go either way! There isn't that much difference especially when you take into account the experience we have on our side.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course most Real Madrid fans will want Bayern to lose, they must hate Bayern for taking their cocky asses out of the Champions League..Go on a Barcelons forum, you will see the same type of hate for Chelsea & probably everyone wants Bayern to win..It's always like that, people are rarely guided by anything else than emotions to make such a decision.

Yeah i know, but my point was not everyone see us like the enemy of football xD.

I'm not optimistic but i am hopeful. I'm sick of reading all this crap that Bayern are better, Bayern are favourites, Bayern are at home, Chelsea play Anti-Football, Chelsea have a weak attack, Chelsea's suspensions are too much for them to handle, Chelsea only are strong in defence bluh bluh bluh bluh bluh crap bollocks.

We played defensive against Barcelona, we had our game plan, we played to our strengths and we played to their weaknesses. Barcelona haven't beaten us in 7 matches since 2006, that's not a coincidence to me. I think the Barcelona games were the only times we've played like that all season but because the whole world watched it unfold, they all assume we play like this every game. Not true at all. We have great defenders so if we want, we can play like this. We had to do what we had to do to get through and guess what? We got through. Instead of 'neutrals' praising our defence, they focus on the attack. We played like that on purpose, we got lucky of course but that's life. The goal is big enough, if they can't find it, that's their problem, not ours.

I like Bayern Munich, they are a good side and yes they are good going forward but Robben always looks to cut in and Ribery always goes outside, both are not trusting of their weaker right feet so if you keep em on their right feet, you stop half their threat because they are huge players for the team.... unless they dive for a penalty which they will try no doubts about that.

I don't mean to sound like an arse but i reckon 80% of Munich fans think that Schweinsteiger's penalty won them the UCL, they think it's just all about picking up the trophy. Hopefully their team feel the same way because they'll be shocked if they think we'll focus only on defence because we wont. This is the biggest match in our 107 year history and the fact that it is very likely the last chance for Drogs, JT, Lamps, Cole and Essien, it's even bigger than just the biggest match in our history. It's a one off game, a very difficult game against a very good team but a 1 off game, do or die which we can win with the right attitude and homework done. It doesn't get bigger than this, this is bigger than England in a world cup final for example, this is the biggest match in football for ANY Chelsea player or fan.

-To the guy who said that everyone you talk to says "fuck Bayern" well you might not have the most impartial people around you. I don't think that most people hate Bayern just like I don't think that most people hate Chelsea. That anyways can't be proven unless we ask everyone in the world which is impossible so I'll leave it at that.

The majority of the people were from Austria, so it's just legit to have them say such things^^ And just as Rummenigge was exaggerating, I was doing in some way the same thing. In the end, it's obvious that neither side is right.

Btw, willkommen im Forum!

I disagree with that, we had to come back from 3-1 down against Napoli, a in form team who have been brilliant for 2 seasons. We had to somehow deal with the firepower of Cavani, Lavezzi and Hamsik, which no other team has done, not even City could do it.

Funny you mention Napoli and say no other team was able to beat them... But Bayern beat them in the CL group and were destroying them till Schweinsteiger's injury.

And we did it, then we got a tricky team like Benfica where Real Madrid were with Apoel and forgot who Munich had i think it was a french team Marseille who might be just a bit better than Benfica. Then we played the best team in the world, and done them on both legs, we had 10 men, 2-0 down, no centre backs, away from home. We deserve it more than Bayern in my opinion.

Napoli and Benfice aren't exactly strong teams. Neither are Basel and Marseille (Though they respectively knocked out ManU and Inter).

Both Chelsea and Bayern knocked out a Spanish giant but had a reasonably easy KO stage before that.

So don't argue Chelsea deserve it more because of a tougher road to the final, that just isn't true.

Besides, Bayern had by FAR the toughest group stage, having clubs from the four biggest European leagues.

I agree with Ollie to some degree.

The media already crowned Bayern as Champions.

They forget that despite Chelsea not being as strong as it used to be, it's still a great team.

And if other defensive minded teams like Mongengladbach were able to beat Bayern at home, so can Chelsea.

Besides, being underdog is a massive advantage...

Funny you mention Napoli and say no other team was able to beat them... But Bayern beat them in the CL group and were destroying them till Schweinsteiger's injury.

Napoli and Benfice aren't exactly strong teams. Neither are Basel and Marseille (Though they respectively knocked out ManU and Inter).

Both Chelsea and Bayern knocked out a Spanish giant but had a reasonably easy KO stage before that.

So don't argue Chelsea deserve it more because of a tougher road to the final, that just isn't true.

Besides, Bayern had by FAR the toughest group stage, having clubs from the four biggest European leagues.

We still played the best team in the world, and Napoli were one very tough team, we came back from 3-1 down. You're playing our performances down, when your 10 men down, 2-0 down, not one centre back on your team against the best team in the world come back to me.

Ribery is great player, no doubt about that. But his intelligence is on the same level or even lower than Balotelli's, he is simply stupid, that would be problem with him but i still admire that player.

Ribery's a fucking squealing little cheat, he goes down all the time. He's a very good player but i don't like that side of him.

And yeah, we all know Bayern are favourites. Like Napoli were after the first leg and like Barca were in both. The pressure is on Bayern in their own home.

I will always love Ribery on the pitch, but never as a person

ribery and robben are as the barca players. in germany are often criticized for its dives. the referee mus be good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIDN3cg0ipE

Oh you seem to be forgetting about Drogba

Well, i was reading some forums and supporters of Real Madrid and Milan want Chelsea to win it.

I read on a Madrid forum that they wanted Bayern to win due to the embarrassment the club would get from loosing to a club that lost to Chelsea

Why Milan supporters?

The problem with Bayern being favourites are that Germans never bottle anything. Well, nearly everything, excluding invading a certain Stalinist country far to the east in winter :P

Look we are by and large rubbish, but motivation can do funny things to players. Every one of our players, even the much derided Bosingwakalouda trio, are playing at maximum output, and that makes us nigh on unstoppable imo.

I read on a Madrid forum that they wanted Bayern to win due to the embarrassment the club would get from loosing to a club that lost to Chelsea

Why Milan supporters?

For their match with Barcelona (two penalties and stuff) and i because they support defensive football, i guess. Barcelona has gain a lot of hate in Europe the last years.

Personally I think we will be ok, going through that we just played and beat Barca with 10 men, yeah Gomez, Ribery and Robben are going to be tough I have confidence in the team to pull it out, hopefully Luiz and Cahill will be back, our suspension do kinda hurt but theirs are 10x worse.

I'm not going to lie and say it's good enough that we've reached the final against crazy odds. We have to win.

No one remembers the losing team. All those years of frustration in Europe rankle me and that won't go away till we get our hands on the big one.

Catharsis is a must.