Champions League Final 2012 - Chelsea 1 (4) - (3) 1 Bayern Munich

BlueLion.

344 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree with that, we had to come back from 3-1 down against Napoli, a in form team who have been brilliant for 2 seasons. We had to somehow deal with the firepower of Cavani, Lavezzi and Hamsik, which no other team has done, not even City could do it. And we did it, then we got a tricky team like Benfica where Real Madrid were with Apoel and forgot who Munich had i think it was a french team Marseille who might be just a bit better than Benfica. Then we played the best team in the world, and done them on both legs, we had 10 men, 2-0 down, no centre backs, away from home. We deserve it more than Bayern in my opinion.

Bayern have the better players and are a better team, but we've had it harder than them and we've still come out on top. Though they were in the group of death, realistaclly only Napoli were a threat, it was Cities first champions league and they were very poor as expected. We also had the 3rd hardest group.

Fair enough mate. Di Matteo has been really good to Chelsea and I personally think he is a good reason to why you have come this far. His tactics are different from AVB's and are perfect for Chelsea. You're focusing on the Champions League this year, and have a chance of winning it - of course - and you'll hopefully win the league next year if you continue like this.

Regarding you beat "the best team in the world" - When did you play Real Madrid? :P

Fair enough mate. Di Matteo has been really good to Chelsea and I personally think he is a good reason to why you have come this far. His tactics are different from AVB's and are perfect for Chelsea. You're focusing on the Champions League this year, and have a chance of winning it - of course - and you'll hopefully win the league next year if you continue like this.

Regarding you beat "the best team in the world" - When did you play Real Madrid? :P

Okay, fine, fine. Real Madrid are better than Barca at the moment perhaps, but Barca still have the best team and players at the moment no denying. Iniesta, Xavi, Messi, Villa, Fabregas, Puyol, Sanchez are all world class for me.

Okay, fine, fine. Real Madrid are better than Barca at the moment perhaps, but Barca still have the best team and players at the moment no denying. Iniesta, Xavi, Messi, Villa, Fabregas, Puyol, Sanchez are all world class for me.

Well actually Barca have won FIFA Club World Cup Japan 2011 so they're best team in the world technically.

Well actually Barca have won FIFA Club World Cup Japan 2011 so they're best team in the world technically.

Doesn't really mean anything lol, to be realistic you have to look at the sides in full strength.

Higuain

Di Maria-Ozil-Ronaldo

Khedira-Alonso

Marcelo-Pepe-Ramos-Arbeloa

Casillas

I rate Marcelo over Contrao because i think going forward Marcelo is pure quality.

Villa-Messi-Sanchez

Xavi-Busquets-Iniesta

Adriano-Puyol-Pique-Alves

Valdes

Can't add Abidal because he can't play again can he?, still though look at both of the teams you can see which one has the more quality, Real Madrid have a better squad, but it's not as good as Barca's starting eleven.

Doesn't really mean anything lol, to be realistic you have to look at the sides in full strength.

Higuain

Di Maria-Ozil-Ronaldo

Khedira-Alonso

Marcelo-Pepe-Ramos-Arbeloa

Casillas

I rate Marcelo over Contrao because i think going forward Marcelo is pure quality.

Villa-Messi-Sanchez

Xavi-Busquets-Iniesta

Adriano-Puyol-Pique-Alves

Valdes

Can't add Abidal because he can't play again can he?, still though look at both of the teams you can see which one has the more quality, Real Madrid have a better squad, but it's not as good as Barca's starting eleven.

That lead us to the conclusion that they are best team in the world, although their "tiki-taka" is fucking boring.

I disagree with that, we had to come back from 3-1 down against Napoli, a in form team who have been brilliant for 2 seasons. We had to somehow deal with the firepower of Cavani, Lavezzi and Hamsik, which no other team has done, not even City could do it. And we did it, then we got a tricky team like Benfica where Real Madrid were with Apoel and forgot who Munich had i think it was a french team Marseille who might be just a bit better than Benfica. Then we played the best team in the world, and done them on both legs, we had 10 men, 2-0 down, no centre backs, away from home. We deserve it more than Bayern in my opinion.

Bayern have the better players and are a better team, but we've had it harder than them and we've still come gotten to the final. Though they were in the group of death, realistaclly only Napoli were a threat, it was Manchester Cities first Champions League and they were very poor as expected. We also had the 3rd hardest group.

I have to disagree about Marseille mate, they're terrible this year!

Ofcourse they will.

We are enemy of football because we parked the bus against "best team in Century" Barcelona, and they dominated Real with style and on penalties. Nobody will cheer for us, but it's better, they are favorites, but we tend to do well against favorites so watch out Bayern.

Well, i was reading some forums and supporters of Real Madrid and Milan want Chelsea to win it.

Ok to respond generally to everyone who replied to me i'll just do 1 post.

- People who say that Gomez tends to disappear in big matches well i'll say this. Gomez is a guy that has a harder time against quick paced teams because he is a big & strong striker but he really does strive against teams who are of a slower pace & rely more on strength so playing Chelsea is right up his alley imo. He hasn't been the best against Madrid & vs clubs like Dortmund throughout the season but it's a matter of him playing against a team that doesn't suit his style of play. He did though score a 90th minute goal against Madrid at home which gave Bayern the advantage going into the 2nd leg. So it's pretty much half true that he doesn't play his best game vs big clubs because it depends of what type of club he plays. He scored the goals vs Manchester City(not that I label them as a big club)..

- Calling Muller a benchwarmer is a little silly in my opinion as well since he has been considered as one of the best young player in the world for a little while except for some part of this year where he had a slump. What played a big part in this is the emergence of Kroos as a top player under Heynckes who knows how to use him well. Muller is not a scorer he is more of a player with a very high workrate & draws tons of fouls! Oh & he's the youngest player in the history of the world cup to win the golden boot so dismissing him as a benchwarmer is an insult to his talent & when in shape I do believe that he's just as good as Mata, but not the same style of player.

-To the guy who said that everyone you talk to says "fuck Bayern" well you might not have the most impartial people around you. I don't think that most people hate Bayern just like I don't think that most people hate Chelsea. That anyways can't be proven unless we ask everyone in the world which is impossible so I'll leave it at that.

- For that Neuer vs Cech argument, I don't think that I need to explain myself. I rate Cech very high & I respect his talent a lot but nobody in the world ever compared Cech to Neuer as if he was the benchmark in goalkeeping because it was quite unanimous around the world of sports that Neuer is the new #1 who took off Casillas from his pedestal. But anyways, that's not gonna matter much because they both are top goalkeepers who can steal matches when they need to.

- Personally, I do agree that Chelsea has the upperhand in defense with all those suspensions since Alaba & Badstuber might prove to be hard to replace, but midfield & attack I don't how Chelsea has the upper hand. A top form Schweinsteiger can turn any midfield from any club into a bunch of amateurs. He wins balls just as well as he makes a run, a shot of a great pass. His form will pretty much dictate how the game will play itself. He will need to be more of a ball winner than a playmaker because he will most likely have Kroos beside him instead of Gustavo so that might either be good for Bayern or real bad depending how they boss the midfield. In terms of attack, Chelsea has Drogba who has been great & Mata who has been pretty good as well but the rest of the attackers are not in top form as far as I have seen while Robben & Ribery are hungry like never before & will probably cause a lot of trouble. Muller has been in better form lately, he played a great game today & scored a goal so things are looking good for him. The only question that remains for me in terms of attack is how Gomez will play. Chelsea is the type of club that he usually plays good against but shit happens so you never know.

- I don't know what the comment was anymore but someone was talking about how Bayern played bad vs Basel in the first match & you are absolutely right, but it was when they were in their slump where they could barely score a goal & Heynckes's future was uncertain. They came back strong at home & gave Basel the biggest beating in the history of the Champions League. Saying that Bayern playing at home is pressure though is not knowing Bayern well because playing at home is not pressure to them, it just fuels them to play hard & with confidence. The domestic form & the European form for Bayern is 2 different things altogether. They can lose a match in the Bundesliga & look beat up then come up in the CL and look like nothing can stop them.

Anyways, our views of the whole situation might be biast in the opposite directions because I have been a Bayern fan all my life & you guys are probably the same(probably not everyone but anyways) with Chelsea so we wear a quite diffenent pair of goggles.. :)

Well, i was reading some forums and supporters of Real Madrid and Milan want Chelsea to win it.

Of course most Real Madrid fans will want Bayern to lose, they must hate Bayern for taking their cocky asses out of the Champions League..Go on a Barcelons forum, you will see the same type of hate for Chelsea & probably everyone wants Bayern to win..It's always like that, people are rarely guided by anything else than emotions to make such a decision.

Oh & whoever said that barcelona has been the best team in the past few years over Madrid I definitely agree on that, but Madrid has clearly been the better team this year..Barcelona were in total shambles recently, they don't have anyone to score goals & messi pretty much has to do it by himself & he is so tired that he can't even do it. Madrid has been on fire, they won the league, they beat Barcelona with a quite convincing display & they have the record for the most goals scored ever in the Spanish league. So in the semi-final, referring myself to this year's performances, Bayern has indeed beat the better team since they were at the top of their game while Barca has been in decline or simply in a slump maybe..

Ofcourse they will.

We are enemy of football because we parked the bus against "best team in Century" Barcelona, and they dominated Real with style and on penalties. Nobody will cheer for us, but it's better, they are favorites, but we tend to do well against favorites so watch out Bayern.

Well yes Chelsea did that & it might not be pleasing to Platini & the neutral fans who watch the game to watch "beautiful" football but who cares really...Chelsea did what they had to do to win against Barcelona & they accomplished it so screw the popular opinion. Barcelona is a team that relies on possession & pace.. "parking the bus" breaks the passing play when they get close to the box & when even Barca's defense comes up to contribute which exposed them to counter attacks since Puyol is not really pacy..Drogba going down easily helped beaking Barca's pace because they were constantly stopping the play so they couldn't settle. What Chelsea did had to be done & they weren't there to make it look pretty for all those people around the world, they were there to win it & they did. Period.

Tag und willkommen :)

Ich kann sprechen Deutsch, aber nicht sehr gut, ja? Drei jahre nach ich gelerne Deutsch in der Realschule.

That was pretty good to be honest, I rarely speak German where I live so trust me im rusty as well. I didn't even have German courses at school like you so that didn't help me keep my German flawless, I would only speak with my dad in German only. I was born in Erding in Bavaria right next to Munich & moved to Canada at the age of 12. I used to go to the Olympic stadium to watch the matches as a kid & I have been to the Allianz Arena once 4 years ago. Anyone here who will go there, trust me, you will be wowed..It's such a great stadium both inside & out.