Champions League Final 2012 - Chelsea 1 (4) - (3) 1 Bayern Munich

BlueLion.

344 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbh Bayern are much better than us, but i really want to win this, i think we really desrerve it coming this far, we've had it hard and gotten through to the final. It's magnificant, i wnat to see us win it.

Hey guys, Im a Bayern fan & I wanna congradulate you guys for that win over Barcelona! I don't personally enjoy that style of play but it's a style that can be very effective against a club like Barcelona. Cech was absolutely brilliant & so was Drogba apart from all those dives. It will be a great final & both teams have strengths they can play to to gain some sort of edge in the match.

Ultimately I think that Bayern will win this because Bayern has more attacking power than Chelsea but if Cech pulls another one of those matches anything can happen. Bayern will indeed be missing Gustavo who is out main ball winner in the midfield, Badstuber who has absolutely been brilliant as a CB this season & Alaba who has been incredible for a 19 year old who hasn't even played 10 matches as LB.. It's quite clear that Kroos & Schweinsteiger will play the midfield together while Tymoschuk will play as a CB, but the fullback position can be different than people think. Bayern has Contento who is a pure LB & has been pretty good in the matches he played this year & Pranjic who is a left wing that can even play LB if need be but that would not be the main option.

Whatever happens, the defense will pretty much be of similar strength apart from Lahm so they will need to attack from the side where Lahm is not to get through. In terms of Goalkeeping, Bayern has a slight edge for having the best keeper in the world but I personally rate Cech VERY high, perhaps even higher than Casillas this year so they can both change the outcome of a match. The midfield I would give Bayern an edge on the offensive side but in terms of defense Chelsea probably wins this. If Schweinsteiger come back to his full level of fitness like he was at the begining of the year though, he will be a monster both offensively & defensively but 3 weeks is a short period of time to reach this level. In offense though, Bayern clearly has the edge because of Robben & Ribery. Drogba is more of a versatile striker but he is not as prolific as Gomez has been this year but he still will be a major threat. Muller & Mata are of similar skill in my opinion so that's no factor.

Bayern plays a possession game mostly but doesn't get boring like Barca does without a striker. I believe that Chelsea will have to play a similar game than they played against Barcelona to have a chance to win it because Bayern will most definitely keep possession of the ball at a 60/40 percentage more or less & the defense & defensive midfield will be missing some of their key components. Mind you, Tymoschuk might be better than Badstuber on a counter attack because he is a defensive midfielder & has more pace than Badstuber but that's left to be seen.

I don't know much about Chelsea so I will not start saying things without knowing but I have seen Chelsea play a few times this year since I sort of knew that they would get far, but this far has been a surprise to me & probably most of you as well. Im just really happy to not have any spanish sides in this final for a change!

My prediction is a 3-1 win for Bayern because they respond extermely well to pressure, they might be inconsistent in the league but they are as consistent as it gets in the Champions League, they will be at home & it's common knowledge that Germans are nearly impossible to beat at home & they were able to beat Madrid, who has been the best club in the world this year in my opinion, as dirty & cocky they may be..

Anyways, good luck guys & Congrats for getting there against all odds!

(Im not here to troll anyone FYI, I am here to see your opinion of this matchup who will probably be one of the most interesting one in a while!)

LOL....

So basically "thanks for knocking out Barca but don't bother showing up in Munich because we're far better than you even with our bench players"

Anyways, I have a feeling this will come down to sheer will and determination. Whoever wants it more and shows that desire for the majority of the game will be the victors. I for one don't think Bayern are any better than Napoli or Barca for that matter, incredible attacking options but a defense that can be got at. I'm betting it will be a cagey match with a breakthrough coming in the 2nd half. If we can neutralize the left flank I say we stand a very good chance but having said that few can really stop the likes of Robben and Ribery... This will be a match for the ages I don't think home field will be much of an advantage because when you get to the finals all you think about is hoisting that trophy

Tbh Bayern are much better than us, but i really want to win this, i think we really desrerve it coming this far, we've had it hard and gotten through to the final. It's magnificant, i wnat to see us win it.

Much better is an overstatement mate. Bayern is better yes, but it's a do or die game & anything can happen. I think that both teams are very deserving to win this because Chelsea went against all odds & beat some tough sides while Bayern had their share of tough fixtures, always came back strong when it mattered & a mix of that loss to Inter 2 years ago & the fact that Bayern would be the first team in the history of the new CL to win the cup at home. Bayern has the edge in terms of talent & home ground but it only takes 1 mistake to turn a match around one way or another.

Much better is an overstatement mate. Bayern is better yes, but it's a do or die game & anything can happen. I think that both teams are very deserving to win this because Chelsea went against all odds & beat some tough sides while Bayern had their share of tough fixtures, always came back strong when it mattered & a mix of that loss to Inter 2 years ago & the fact that Bayern would be the first team in the history of the new CL to win the cup at home. Bayern has the edge in terms of talent & home ground but it only takes 1 mistake to turn a match around one way or another.

It would just be so horrible for this club to have 2 champions league finals, and not even 1 champions league trophy.

It would just be so horrible for this club to have 2 champions league finals, and not even 1 champions league trophy.

I couldn't agree more.. Both clubs are worthy winners in their own way but I would be crushed to see them have such an impressive CL campaign & lose in the final again.

I couldn't agree more.. Both clubs are worthy winners in their own way but I would be crushed to see them have such an impressive CL campaign & lose in the final again.

Well at least you guys have 4, we don't even have 1 lol.

LOL....

So basically "thanks for knocking out Barca but don't bother showing up in Munich because we're far better than you even with our bench players"

Anyways, I have a feeling this will come down to sheer will and determination. Whoever wants it more and shows that desire for the majority of the game will be the victors. I for one don't think Bayern are any better than Napoli or Barca for that matter, incredible attacking options but a defense that can be got at. I'm betting it will be a cagey match with a breakthrough coming in the 2nd half. If we can neutralize the left flank I say we stand a very good chance but having said that few can really stop the likes of Robben and Ribery... This will be a match for the ages I don't think home field will be much of an advantage because when you get to the finals all you think about is hoisting that trophy

Ouch...I didn't mean it like that at all..I would've rather had Barca in the final because they're not in form while Chelsea are..And yes the game will pretty much come down to who wants it more but even with that, I still think that playing home will be a good thing for Bayern. And what I meant really is that the player missing for Chelsea are more important than the players missing for Bayern apart from Badstuber. Terry is crucial for Chelsea, he was a HUGE part of Chelsea's success against Barcelona. Badstuber has been great but it might end up being better for Bayern to have Tymoshchuk as CB because he is much faster & Bayern will need that to halt the counter-attacks..But that's just my opinion & it can turn out to be the total opposite since he's not a pure bred CB.

To be honest, I am just really happy to see Madrid & Barcelona out of the CL final. That's a pretty massive kick in the nuts for Platini! It can only benefit the UEFA if the 2 biggest fanbase in the world of football play themselves in the final..But thank god it's not gonna happen!

To be honest, I am just really happy to see Madrid & Barcelona out of the CL final. That's a pretty massive kick in the nuts for Platini! It can only benefit the UEFA if the 2 biggest fanbase in the world of football play themselves in the final..But thank god it's not gonna happen!

Well it's going to be hard to accept defeat really is, i just hope the referee is good, because i'm sick of controversy, i really am.

Well it's going to be hard to accept defeat really is, i just hope the referee is good, because i'm sick of controversy, i really am.

Yeah I just want a fair match & a fair win for whoever takes it..If Ribery or Drogba dive, I want a yellow to be shown to either player..I don't want anything to tarnish this final so that it shows the UEFA bigwigs that they might've been wrong for trying to get a "Super-Classico" final.

Bayern aren't better than us, football has many different aspects and they are better than us at stuff and we are better than them at stuff, just like us and Barcelona. They are a good team but imo with very predictable players and a very predictable attacking threat and if we do our homework properly, they won't cause us much danger at all. If we play like a bunch or idiots, those players are good enough to damage us however. They've come 2nd in a pretty average league, they only had one hard UCL opponent in a very tired Real Madrid team and we both had a far bit of luck to go through.

I think too many are judging them because they beat Real Madrid. Bayerns defence isn't that great and they have actually lost 3 key players who have played like all season so they'll be uncomfortable and maybe even a bit disjointed. We're missing players too yes but we still have players who can come in and not feel uncomfortable.

I'm only scared because of the occasion and the fact that no matter how close we get, we always find a way of going home without the trophy. I'm not worried about this Bayern team that much, just the fact that it's the biggest game in club football.

Bayern aren't better than us, football has many different aspects and they are better than us at stuff and we are better than them at stuff, just like us and Barcelona. They are a good team but imo with very predictable players and a very predictable attacking threat and if we do our homework properly, they won't cause us much danger at all. If we play like a bunch or idiots, those players are good enough to damage us however. They've come 2nd in a pretty average league, they only had one hard UCL opponent in a very tired Real Madrid team and we both had a far bit of luck to go through.

I think too many are judging them because they beat Real Madrid. Bayerns defence isn't that great and they have actually lost 3 key players who have played like all season so they'll be uncomfortable and maybe even a bit disjointed. We're missing players too yes but we still have players who can come in and not feel uncomfortable.

I'm only scared because of the occasion and the fact that no matter how close we get, we always find a way of going home without the trophy. I'm not worried about this Bayern team, just the fact that it's the biggest game in club football.

That's a very one sided view of things I gotta say. Let me tell you that Dortmund would cause nightmares to just about any clubs if they were in the EPL. Anyways, I won't get in to deep into this comment because I don't wanna start anything...

That's a very one sided view of things I gotta say. Let me tell you that Dortmund would cause nightmares to just about any clubs if they were in the EPL. Anyways, I won't get in to deep into this comment because I don't wanna start anything...

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

How did Dortmund do in the UCL? Not great. If you smash us in the final well done but every munich fan deep down was praying for Chelsea in the final. I've read the forums, i've seen a lot of people saying Chelsea will be easy but i tell you, with the shit we've gone through since 2004, you'll need to put in your best ever performance to stop us from winning it this year. This is our time so if you do pull it off and beat us, congratulations to you and your team.