Yaya Toure

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£1k a week is ridiculous because why the fuck would anyone want to pursue a career as a professional athlete, which is by no means an easy road to take and most people who try won't make it, if they could just study and earn the same amount from working a regular job? Being a professional athlete requires one to be fully committed to what they're doing and that usually means neglecting their education, personal relationships etc. at a young age and after their career is over they'd have nothing if they only received enough money to make ends meet so I can't see why anyone would want to go down that road if it didn't at least pay well. Also, due to football being so popular around the world we are talking about billions of euros per year in sponsorships, broadcasting contracts etc. so I think it's only fair that the players who make it all happen get a piece of it. Same goes for actors, musicians and anyone else in a multi-billion industry, if they're good enough at what they do I consider them to have earned it because most of them sure as hell have worked their asses off to get where they are.

That being said £220k a week is too much for anyone, no matter who you are, and I find it ridiculous that players are never happy with what they earn and are always demanding for more but that's just the reality these days. If you can't accept it, maybe you should start boycotting the whole game because you are part of the problem if you pay money for the football channels, buy club merchandise etc.

Also, people forget that professional athletes have a very short career compared to other professions, and even that is if they're lucky enough to avoid injuries.

It is easy to moan about the wages of some of the players (and to be sure 220k or whatever is obscene) but that's not the average. It is on the extreme end of the scale in the most popular league in the world.

Footballers deserve what they get paid because that's the way the market works. It doesn't make the blindest bit of difference whether or not they're smart, good human beings or ultimately bring value to society; their worth is determined by their (perceived) talent and value to their clubs.

If a player demands too much then the club won't pay it. If the player demands a lot but the club end up paying it, then it wasn't too much in the first place and the club has decided that they are indeed worth 200-300k or whatever it may be per week.

Most footballers do not have the acumen to deal with their affairs and financial dealings, tax etc.

If as an agent youre touting a player for say £40 000 000, you receive usually 10% of that transfer fee. Thats £4 000 000 for schmoozing, haggling and a few phone calls. Some agents represent dozens of players, eg Pini Zahavi, which make these agents some of the richest people in the world of football.

Often wide boys who can talk the talk, but others have their dads or brothers as agents eg Anelka, Robben and Messi. So when criticising players for greed, it is wise to remember 'cui bono ?'

This has got to be the most bizarre story of the transfer window so far, but there's absolutely no chance of us getting him. This all seems to be engineered to get him a move to Barcelona.

Bluemoon is in meltdown too. Literally less than two weeks after winning the league title and one of their best players has come out with this...what a cunt. Hilarious but still, come on.

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=301818&start=2510

This has got to be the most bizarre story of the transfer window so far, but there's absolutely no chance of us getting him. This all seems to be engineered to get him a move to Barcelona.

Bluemoon is in meltdown too. Literally less than two weeks after winning the league title and one of their best players has come out with this...what a cunt. Hilarious but still, come on.

''Oh fuck its Sergios birthday in 10 days , somebody at City better get to Greggs pronto'' classic

What's most surprising reading through that thread is that many of them actually WANT to get rid of him! That's insane to me. I figured he was like Hazard is to us; unsellable.

I saw some of them yesterday saying "if we can get £25-30m for him then fuck him off." I'd happily see us pay £40m for him! He'd be an enormous loss for them and frankly irreplaceable. There's no like for like replacement for Yaya.

What's most surprising reading through that thread is that many of them actually WANT to get rid of him! That's insane to me. I figured he was like Hazard is to us; unsellable.

I saw some of them yesterday saying "if we can get £25-30m for him then fuck him off." I'd happily see us pay £40m for him! He'd be an enormous loss for them and frankly irreplaceable. There's no like for like replacement for Yaya.

He's 31 and on big wages, obviously he's one of their best players but how long will he be able to keep up that form? no way will anyone pay £40 million for him. Man City will have to replace in him two or three years anyway so it wouldn't be the worst decision to get £25 million for him, they could buy someone like Vidal to replace him. It will also lower their wage bill, Vidal would probably be earning half of what Toure does.

Not really...

You probably don't understand the mentality of athletes...Can't speak for the world, but in the USA, athletes are the one of the most competitive group of people on the field and off the field. If that is the case, than no one in the entertainment industry should be making more than 1k a week.

This.

He's 31 and on big wages, obviously he's one of their best players but how long will he be able to keep up that form? no way will anyone pay £40 million for him. Man City will have to replace in him two or three years anyway so it wouldn't be the worst decision to get £25 million for him, they could buy someone like Vidal to replace him. It will also lower their wage bill, Vidal would probably be earning half of what Toure does.

Unless he puts on significant weight and just gets fat I think Yaya will be one of those players who can play until his late 30's. His game doesn't rely on pace and he's such a physical freak that I don't see his game deteriorating much anytime soon.

As long as he has a workhorse next to him who does the defensive side of the game he'll continue to be a monster in my opinion. Maybe not 20+ goals good but still an elite player.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You