Yaya Toure

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's most surprising reading through that thread is that many of them actually WANT to get rid of him! That's insane to me. I figured he was like Hazard is to us; unsellable.

I saw some of them yesterday saying "if we can get £25-30m for him then fuck him off." I'd happily see us pay £40m for him! He'd be an enormous loss for them and frankly irreplaceable. There's no like for like replacement for Yaya.

We already have the like for like replacement for Yaya.....Matic :D

Really don't see us even batting an eyelid at all of this, Yaya is a great player, one of the best in the world, however we seem to be focusing on recruiting young talent these days eg. van Ginkel

Unless he puts on significant weight and just gets fat I think Yaya will be one of those players who can play until his late 30's. His game doesn't rely on pace and he's such a physical freak that I don't see his game deteriorating much anytime soon.

As long as he has a workhorse next to him who does the defensive side of the game he'll continue to be a monster in my opinion. Maybe not 20+ goals good but still an elite player.

Yaya's game does rely on pace and power, as you said he is a physical freak, i very much doubt in two or three years time he'll be able to consistently run from box to box. Players who normally play until their late 30's are the ones who rely more on their technical ability rather than physical traits.

He's 31 and on big wages, obviously he's one of their best players but how long will he be able to keep up that form? no way will anyone pay £40 million for him. Man City will have to replace in him two or three years anyway so it wouldn't be the worst decision to get £25 million for him, they could buy someone like Vidal to replace him. It will also lower their wage bill, Vidal would probably be earning half of what Toure does.

If he's forcing a move there is no way he would cost £40m. If he can be had for 20M.... well now... Matic and Yaya??? Even if its only for 2yrs I would LOVE to see that!

I know it sounds very cliche, but I'd hate to see him leave the EPL. He's a great asset and advertisement for not just City but the whole league.

He doesn't have to leave the league.. Just swap sky blue for royal :Goober:

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You