Yaya Toure

Funny thing is, Chalobah will not end up as good as Toure. Despite your arguements, despite your little salvation party going on with huge agreement fest, i would bet a million pounds on it.

Again, not a single reference to his footballing ability or aspect of his character. You're just making unqualified statements, or chatting shit as it's more commonly known.

Toure is one of the best midfielders I've ever seen, McEachran has shown more promise than Chalobah, and even he wont ever be in the same league as Toure.

McEachran has great technical gifts but there are question marks over the physical aspects of his game and increasingly the mental aspects. He's shown a tendency to drift out of games late on and struggle to impose himself on entire games.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In what sense? From having watched Chalobah play, in what specific areas is he not ready?

Just read my full sentence....

And to point it out:

The defensive part, interceptions, gamereading & actiontaking at specific situations (aka experience) is not that good already @ chabolah who's just 18 and hasn't played a decent oponent yet, you cant be serious to want him to be a DM in a 4-3-3 with 1 DM (which is what most of us are aiming for no?).

Just read my full sentence....

You don't talk specifics. You say he's inexperienced and that's it. In what ways has his 'inexperience' shown itself in his league form?

Now you've edited, I can disagree with the specific points. :D I've always felt his reading of the game was exceptional for his age and that's continued. The one thing that defines his game his time - he always looks to have a second more on the ball then everyone around him and that's been the case at Watford. That all stems from an understanding of space within the game - he knows where the opposition are and where his teammates will be.

That's why I don't recognise the criticism you're leveling at him as bearing much of a resemblance to reality. His defensive stability is one of the stronger aspects of his game having come from a background as a centre-back.

As for his place in the team, I'd be happy to see him alongside Mikel or a new playmaker in a 4231.

Edited by The only place to be

A big 'NO-NO' to this transfer. Already 30 this year. Would require high wages. Have a similar player in Ramires. He's not the type of midfielder we need right now and his attitude and behaviour can at times be erratic. So, no thanks!

You don't talk specifics. You say he's inexperienced and that's it. In what ways has his 'inexperience' shown itself in his league form?

Now you've edited, I can disagree with the specific points. :D I've always felt his reading of the game was exceptional for his age and that's continued. The one thing that defines his game his time - he always looks to have a second more on the ball then everyone around him and that's been the case at Watford. That all stems from an understanding of space within the game - he knows where the opposition are and where his teammates will be.

That's why I don't recognise the criticism you're leveling at him as bearing much of a resemblance to reality. His defensive stability is one of the stronger aspects of his game having come from a background as a centre-back.

As for his place in the team, I'd be happy to see him alongside Mikel or a new playmaker in a 4231.

Dont ignore my argument of the single DM btw with you going for a 4-2-3-1 with nice Mikel protection...

Next to this, wow , really wow, he will become the best DM ever then if he's already good enough without playing a game against strong oposition in a role like that...

Again, not a single reference to his footballing ability or aspect of his character. You're just making unqualified statements, or chatting shit as it's more commonly known.

McEachran has great technical gifts but there are question marks over the physical aspects of his game and increasingly the mental aspects. He's shown a tendency to drift out of games late on and struggle to impose himself on entire games.

McEachran is our most gifted youth player in years, i think he will make it, but the only one.

To put Chalobah in Toure's catagory you are just simply an idiot if you think so. Go back to bed, Toure is one of the best midfielders in the world. When i watched youth games Chalobah wasn't that special, McEachran was unbelievable in youth games, his passing and creativity was top notch, Chalobah made a lot of errors and got skinned a few times in the defence, he was over hyped and most people who go on about him haven't even watched him play.

McEachran is our most gifted youth player in years, i think he will make it, but the only one.

To put Chalobah in Toure's catagory you are just simply an idiot if you think so. Go back to bed, Toure is one of the best midfielders in the world. When i watched youth games Chalobah wasn't that special, McEachran was unbelievable in youth games, his passing and creativity was top notch, Chalobah made a lot of errors and got skinned a few times in the defence, he was over hyped and most people who go on about him haven't even watched him play.

I think this topic is one that is impossible to judge, im not sure if youve watched toure when he was 18. I havent but im sure he wasnt spectacular as he is now. Im not saying he will be as good as toure but being so sure he wont be is just to confident in your own opinion which i believe without humility and an open mind is the downfall of human being.

Yea McEachran was very impressive in youth games...but at the end of the day, he'll be nothing more than a squad player.

NO-ONE is putting Chalobah into Toure's category...people were just making the point that if Chalobah keeps developing, he could be a class midfield in a few seasons.

Also, Touré wasn't even recognised until he went on trial as a 21-year-old with Arsenal at the end of 2004. Wenger couldn't decide Toure's best position so he decided not to sign him...and Touré ended up signing for Olympiakos where he began realising his potential...

Dear god, do you argue in a similar way outside of the forums?

First of all, did you actually see Touré play as an 18-year old? If not, how exactly are you qualified to make such a statement?

There is more than 10 years of a difference between the players, so saying that Chalobah will never reach Touré's level based on the fact that Touré is a much better player today is ,sorry to say, laughworthy.

Nobody is saying that Chalobah will be as good as Touré, only that from what we have seen so far, it is a possibility.

As far as his performance in youth games go, it needs to be remembered that Chalobah spent much time as a central defender, arguably a position that require more time to mold into than many other positions. That could be related to him not giving performances of the highest quality every game, that and the very relevant fact that he is still young.

Furthermore, it is your opinion that he was not "special", most people seem to on the contrary think that he was excellent.

You are also constantly refusing to meet the argument of his current performances in Watford. How come he has been a big success there?

The championship might not be the best league out there, but it is a damn good achievement for an inexperienced youngster to come straight at it and dominate.

Dear god, do you argue in a similar way outside of the forums?

First of all, did you actually see Touré play as an 18-year old? If not, how exactly are you qualified to make such a statement?

There is more than 10 years of a difference between the players, so saying that Chalobah will never reach Touré's level based on the fact that Touré is a much better player today is ,sorry to say, laughworthy.

Nobody is saying that Chalobah will be as good as Touré, only that from what we have seen so far, it is a possibility.

As far as his performance in youth games go, it needs to be remembered that Chalobah spent much time as a central defender, arguably a position that require more time to mold into than many other positions. That could be related to him not giving performances of the highest quality every game, that and the very relevant fact that he is still young.

Furthermore, it is your opinion that he was not "special", most people seem to on the contrary think that he was excellent.

You are also constantly refusing to meet the argument of his current performances in Watford. How come he has been a big success there?

The championship might not be the best league out there, but it is a damn good achievement for an inexperienced youngster to come straight at it and dominate.

Chalobah will not be as good as Toure and that's that. You're just dreaming if you honeslty think that Chalobah will be as good as him, you where probably one of the ones who rated that Conner Clifford and thought he would be our next midfielder.

Jesus - having an opinion can get you so much stick on this forum...!

I see merits in both arguments, but I think I have to agree with Kojo and Mundaku - as a short term solution for next 2 seasons, this guy could work - if we offload some dead wood, benayoun, Malouda etc - wages won't be an issue.

So what I'm saying is if you could swap Malouda + Yossi for this guy, would you?

Chalaboh will get his chance - lets not panic about that :) and if he aspires to this position, having YAYa day in day out in practice, will help him evolve...

Dont ignore my argument of the single DM btw with you going for a 4-2-3-1 with nice Mikel protection...

Next to this, wow , really wow, he will become the best DM ever then if he's already good enough without playing a game against strong oposition in a role like that...

I'm not ignoring it, I'm simply saying that we're playing in a 4231 now. I'm not sure why you bought up the 433 if I'm being honest and in that scenario I think he could play either the 'Makelele-role' or further forward.

Technically he's superb, but it takes more than that. Put it like this - his talent is his engine, but you need the right tyres and suspension to actually put that superior engine power to work and that's what he's struggled to do in my opinion. Too often he drifts out of games and struggles to put his technical gifts to work. He needs to overcome those issues which is why i still think he's a couple of seasons away from being ready for us. I don't think he'll be the only one either, but it depends how young you want to discuss players.

To put Chalobah in Toure's catagory you are just simply an idiot if you think so. Go back to bed, Toure is one of the best midfielders in the world.

And now we start with you just throwing insults. Why don't we actually talk about a player's abilities and be specific?

When i watched youth games Chalobah wasn't that special, McEachran was unbelievable in youth games, his passing and creativity was top notch, Chalobah made a lot of errors and got skinned a few times in the defence, he was over hyped and most people who go on about him haven't even watched him play.

To say he wasn't that special is as bad as the people you accuse of 'overhyping' him. He was always a very classy player, but of course he made errors. Ake makes errors. Feruz makes errors. All young players make errors.

Guess what.....McEachran made errors too. :o:o

But Chalobah has made massive strides since being pushed into midfield and has shown an ability to impose himself on matches consistently that Josh simply hasn't. Now this doesn't need to be an either/or discussion because there's room for both players to progress but they are very different players at different stages in their development. That's normal for young players though - despite what some people might think there isn't a prescribed formula that works for all youngsters.

Now hopefully you're got the insults out of your system and you could try and articulate just why you think Chalobah can't ever be as good as Toure. What specific aspects of his game are lacking?

Jesus - having an opinion can get you so much stick on this forum...!

I see merits in both arguments, but I think I have to agree with Kojo and Mundaku - as a short term solution for next 2 seasons, this guy could work - if we offload some dead wood, benayoun, Malouda etc - wages won't be an issue.

So what I'm saying is if you could swap Malouda + Yossi for this guy, would you?

Chalaboh will get his chance - lets not panic about that :) and if he aspires to this position, having YAYa day in day out in practice, will help him evolve...

I'm just on the wind up at the moment, seems to be working in order. But seriously if you think Chalobah will end up as good as Toure that's just stupid, i bet you any money all the city fans will be pissing themselves laughing if they seen this thread. It's like if a City fan said Devante Cole will be as good as Drogba, think of how many people on here would laughing at that post.

I bet you not one person would stop to look at both sides, because that's what most people are on this forum, hypocrites.

Chalobah will not be as good as Toure and that's that. You're just dreaming if you honeslty think that Chalobah will be as good as him, you where probably one of the ones who rated that Conner Clifford and thought he would be our next midfielder.

Connor was no better than Michael Wood in my opinion. A nice touch when given time but found that time and space evaporated as the competition got tougher. That's almost exactly the same problem Josh has found himself facing at times at Boro, although I will say that some of his teammates movement off the ball simply isn't good enough.

Writing off a kid when you can't either find a reason or explain your reasoning is massively unfair and adds nothing to the debate.

I'm just on the wind up at the moment, seems to be working in order. But seriously if you think Chalobah will end up as good as Toure that's just stupid, i bet you any money all the city fans will be pissing themselves laughing if they seen this thread. It's like if a City fan said Devante Cole will be as good as Drogba, think of how many people on here would laughing at that post.

I bet you not one person would stop to look at both sides, because that's what most people are on this forum, hypocrites.

Obviously people would laugh at the idea of Devante Cole being as good as Drogba....cause Devante is an unknown player who will probably end up playing in League 2 in the coming years...

Connor was no better than Michael Wood in my opinion. A nice touch when given time but found that time and space evaporated as the competition got tougher. That's almost exactly the same problem Josh has found himself facing at times at Boro, although I will say that some of his teammates movement off the ball simply isn't good enough.

Writing off a kid when you can't either find a reason or explain your reasoning is massively unfair and adds nothing to the debate.

I really can't remember when i wanted to debate about Chalobahs skills to be honest. The only thing i can remember is that Chalobah will not be in the same class as Toure, and you can still be a great player even if Yaya is better than you.

But this forum is like a fucking rollercoaster that 'mentalist' doesn't quite define it. Everyone was on Lukaku's back just because he had a few problems with his first touch, now everyone on this forum is saying he is the one, and I've even seen some comments that people are scared Lukaku will turn us down and go to Real Madrid or something.

Now there is this thing with Chalobah and people seem to think that this kid is our new superstar and we shouldn't bother getting any new players.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You