Yaya Toure

Obviously people would laugh at the idea of Devante Cole being as good as Drogba....cause Devante is an unknown player who will probably end up playing in League 2 in the coming years...

Actually he is a good player, i reckon he will be a premier league striker, not sure for City mind. I've watched Cole in a few games, mostly england games and he has played really well.

But what do i know? I'm just a guy with a different opinion.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just on the wind up at the moment, seems to be working in order. But seriously if you think Chalobah will end up as good as Toure that's just stupid, i bet you any money all the city fans will be pissing themselves laughing if they seen this thread. It's like if a City fan said Devante Cole will be as good as Drogba, think of how many people on here would laughing at that post.

I bet you not one person would stop to look at both sides, because that's what most people are on this forum, hypocrites.

I wouldnt want to rule out any youth really. For all we know some might be late bloomers like Drogba. I wouldnt brand them as the next ______ either.

I really can't remember when i wanted to debate about Chalobahs skills to be honest. The only thing i can remember is that Chalobah will not be in the same class as Toure, and you can still be a great player even if Yaya is better than you.

But this forum is like a fucking rollercoaster that 'mentalist' doesn't quite define it. Everyone was on Lukaku's back just because he had a few problems with his first touch, now everyone on this forum is saying he is the one, and I've even seen some comments that people are scared Lukaku will turn us down and go to Real Madrid or something.

Now there is this thing with Chalobah and people seem to think that this kid is our new superstar and we shouldn't bother getting any new players.

And apparently people who disagree with the idea that Chalobah could be as good as Toure are worthy of derision?

People on this forum are capable of talking about players in a fair manner I've found, and the only 'mentalists' are the ones who ignore that and simply insult other people (I'm talking about you by the way). For you to then bitch about that is a little hysterical and shows a complete lack of self-awareness, which is a shame because you're missing out on a pretty funny joke.

People aren't saying he will be a superstar, but that he has the potential to be and has shown a lot in his first season. They're also not saying that we shouldn't buy any new players, just not one who would be 30 when he signed, cost a bomb and hasn't exactly had his best season.

Guest FullEnglishBreakfast

Will I be insulted if I say that I have faith in a young lad from Sierra Leone and that I think Yaya Touré is supremely overrated?

And apparently people who disagree with the idea that Chalobah could be as good as Toure are worthy of derision?

People on this forum are capable of talking about players in a fair manner I've found, and the only 'mentalists' are the ones who ignore that and simply insult other people (I'm talking about you by the way). For you to then bitch about that is a little hysterical and shows a complete lack of self-awareness, which is a shame because you're missing out on a pretty funny joke.

People aren't saying he will be a superstar, but that he has the potential to be and has shown a lot in his first season. They're also not saying that we shouldn't buy any new players, just not one who would be 30 when he signed, cost a bomb and hasn't exactly had his best season.

I can't remember insulting anyone tbh? but i believe you put in terms that i was bitching so therefor you said was a bitch, so you're the one insulting.

You're the one who has a problem, just like the others who have had a problem you mayaswell just let it go because nothings changed me so far. And you're saying Toure has had a bad season pretty much? Have you been watching? He's one of the few who has been good for City in my opinion. Silva is the one who has proven to be overrated and all just a hype, he has been pretty damn garbage tbh.

I can't remember insulting anyone tbh? but i believe you put in terms that i was bitching so therefor you said was a bitch, so you're the one insulting.

You're the one who has a problem, just like the others who have had a problem you mayaswell just let it go because nothings changed me so far. And you're saying Toure has had a bad season pretty much? Have you been watching? He's one of the few who has been good for City in my opinion. Silva is the one who has proven to be overrated and all just a hype, he has been pretty damn garbage tbh.

I said he hasn't exactly had his best season and I stick by that. One season isn't a definitive indicator of a decline but combine that with being 30 and the financial package he would need and that's enough question marks for me to be hesitant about him signing for us. Personally I think they've had the same issues as us with their midfield simply not being good enough, in particular Garcia, Barry and Rodwell.

But when you look at how we handle players who are already at the club over-30 and our contract policy, I simply can't see the logic behind us giving him a minimum contract of three years.

I said he hasn't exactly had his best season and I stick by that. One season isn't a definitive indicator of a decline but combine that with being 30 and the financial package he would need and that's enough question marks for me to be hesitant about him signing for us. Personally I think they've had the same issues as us with their midfield simply not being good enough, in particular Garcia, Barry and Rodwell.

But when you look at how we handle players who are already at the club over-30 and our contract policy, I simply can't see the logic behind us giving him a minimum contract of three years.

I don't want to sign Toure, it would be stupid as the deal would be too big and the funny thing is this thread all became active just because some dude said 'i heard that...' which could be just about anything.

The older Yaya gets the better, not for him but for us, he's one of the main reasons why City win games, without him City can't even function consitently, he is there drive. And we don't have any drive in our midfield do we, except if Cholou is right and Mikel actually is the best DM ever existed then maybe we might not have to buy midfielders ever again.

Bit harsh on Rodwell, he hasn't even made 10 appearances for City due to injuries..

Right, at the risk of getting involved in whatever is going on up there, I think Toure is dirty cunt, but that's not why I don't want to sign him. He's clearly on the decline. The good performance he put in this season can be counted on one hand. Practically, he'll be another Deco. I would much rather see us invest in a more permanent solution.

Will I be insulted if I say that I have faith in a young lad from Sierra Leone and that I think Yaya Touré is supremely overrated?

NO but you should be for having that completely disgusting av. I am just surprised it isnt covered in sauce :D

Toure is not the Gerrard/Giggs/Scholes type player who will be able to play well into his 30's. If we sign him, we'll be complaining about his wages until his contract expires, I guarantee it.

If we could sign a 26 year old Toure, I'd be ecstatic, I think he could really do well in the pivot or cover for mata, but that's not the case.

Bit harsh on Rodwell, he hasn't even made 10 appearances for City due to injuries..

I meant their midfield as a whole hasn't been good enough, and his absence has been one of the reasons. He looked decent against us, but he's also looked dodgy in others. They also suffered from Toure's absence at the ACON, much like we did with Mikel's.

I'm not ignoring it, I'm simply saying that we're playing in a 4231 now. I'm not sure why you bought up the 433 if I'm being honest and in that scenario I think he could play either the 'Makelele-role' or further forward.

Yes and like i said before, it's very usefull to have experience to play a makelele role. (which i already said on the last page...)

I took 4-3-3 since most of the people here on the forum (you can see that in various topics) seem to want to go for 4-3-3/dont understand why we stick with 4-2-3-1.

Also with me wanting to sign yaya i'm actually saying we should give Chabolah a chance...

If we would sign someone like lets say de rossi/ witsel, he would be here for the long run prolly and i doubt Chabolah would play any time soon for us...

Guest FullEnglishBreakfast

NO but you should be for having that completely disgusting av. I am just surprised it isnt covered in sauce :D

I'm all out of Worcestershire.

Right, at the risk of getting involved in whatever is going on up there, I think Toure is dirty cunt, but that's not why I don't want to sign him. He's clearly on the decline. The good performance he put in this season can be counted on one hand. Practically, he'll be another Deco. I would much rather see us invest in a more permanent solution.

And IIRC, this is the second time he has come out and threaten City to give him a new contract or he'll leave. That in itself should already tell us much about his character.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You