Yaya Toure

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manchester City: Yaya Toure 'angered by birthday efforts'

Yaya Toure's agent has criticised Manchester City's attempts to mark the midfielder's birthday with a tweet, describing their efforts as "a joke". City gave Toure a birthday cake as they flew to Abu Dhabi and tweeted their congratulations after he turned 31.

But Dimitri Seluk (Yaya's agent) says Toure is "very upset" the club's owners failed to acknowledge him personally and says he may leave over their lack of respect.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27484318

That equals to Toure wanting more $$$$$$$...

If you read what his agent is saying, it's actually hilarious. Probably a ploy for more cash, despite only signing a new contract last year. Probably realises this is his last big pay-day. I won't even entertain the idea of us being able to get him because City would rather allow him to rot on their bench, even with the implications that might bring for FFP compliance.

From the Sun

Seluk told The Sun: "There's a big possibility Yaya will leave this summer.

"What happened at his birthday meant the club don't care about him. It was proof.

"In a normal team, his team-mates and club would at least give him good wishes.

"He's very upset and he started thinking of leaving the club. And he will leave if things carry on like this.

"It's not a question of money or contract, believe me. He has everything he needs. For Yaya what is the most important thing is human relationships.

"When your best worker has his birthday from time to time it's not bad to shake his hand. To make him feel valued and appreciated. They don't give any attention to Yaya."

From the BBC

"He got a cake but when it was Roberto Carlos's birthday, the president of Anzhi gave him a Bugatti," Seluk told BBC Sport.

"I don't expect City to present Yaya with a Bugatti, we only asked that they shook his hand and said 'we congratulate you'. It is the minimum they must do when it is his birthday and the squad is all together.

"I hear one newspaper has written that City congratulated him from Twitter but this is a joke. It is better they don't put anything on Twitter if they are not saying anything to him.

Even though hes 31 I would love to see him playing for us, and wouldnt be averse to chucking silly money to get him.

I'm more than sure this is a come and get me plea to PSG. They are the only club in this world that would pay big money for his transfer and also for his contract.

The only thing this lazy and greedy cunt wants is money and more money. He is already on a €13.5m per annum contract. 31 and approaching the last years of his career. Of course he wants another four or five-year deal worth €60-70m so that he can live on a high note in his last footballing years.

I would not be surprised if Paris will offer something like €20m for his transfer and a five-year deal worth €16m per annum. They are that stupid!

LOL! Surely his account has been hacked by some troll.

Just for fantasy's sake, imagine Yaya & Matic in the same midfield. Would be a total piss take and not even fair to the PL or even the CL. We'd be literally unstoppable. Quadruple winners.

The easily best midfielder in the league.

I love Matic but Toure is a different beast, not that I think Chelsea should even try and go for him as he's 31 and would be expensive.

Yes i think too Matic is the best midfielder in England

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You