Marouane Fellaini

Atholy

We should sell Essien and/or Malouda and buy Fellaini. We lost a lot of height and power with Drogba and if possible we should replace that with Fellaini. Dude was winning headers easily against the entire England team. He's shown, similar to Drogba that he single-handedly can be a plan B if we sometimes have to resort to long-ball tactics. Without Drogba we don't have anyone else that can do that. Torres definitely can't and Lukaku probably won't have much impact on the first team next year.

Sure, Fellaini would be awesome at winning headers...but he's not worth 25 million...and I doubt Moyes will sell his best midfielder for anything less than that.

We have enough midfielders as it is. Unless Meireles + Essien + Malouda + Benayoun are all sold in this window, I don't see Chelsea buying an expensive midfielder.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, Fellaini would be awesome at winning headers...but he's not worth 25 million...and I doubt Moyes will sell his best midfielder for anything less than that.

We have enough midfielders as it is. Unless Meireles + Essien + Malouda + Benayoun are all sold in this window, I don't see Chelsea buying an expensive midfielder.

Fellaini is way better than all of those you listed. I would keep Meireles, but definitely sell the rest. Plus Benayoun isn't a CM, he isn't competing for the same positions as Essien and Meireles.

Still, no rush on Fellaini. We can make the final judgment call on our midfield options during preseason. Lamps and Mikel first choice with Romeu backing up Mikel, which is fine imo. Lamps back-up at this moment is between Essien and Meireles. Both can do a decent enough job if they play on top of their game. But we just don't know how often they can do that.

I agree partly with freak. First of all we will overflow with wingers with the coming of Hulk and Hazard, which would mean Ramires would have to move to midfield. I prefer his explosive speed over Mikel any day, so I am guessing he would start. If we , do really sell Essien, Malouda you could think about Fellaini, but then again, you still have Meireles and Obi for Lamps and Ramires sub-spots. To that we add Josh being a 3rd eye option for the CC and FA and vualla, you have what you need. Doubt we need Marouane now.

The fact he can play in a variety of roles is the only reason i can see why we interested in him. 20m is obviously a lot of money but i`d say in todays football that`s a reasonable price for him. when you consider Jordan Henderson went for that and Everton bought him for 15m and he`s improved as a player since then.

i don't personally think we need him, Oriol is gonna be a superb player of that i`m pretty damn sure,him and Mikel should be the DM`s in a double pivot with Lampard/Ramires/McEachran competing for the other more creative spot in it. quite a few midfielders would need to leave to make room for him i think.

I think fellaini would have fitted in perfectly to our team 4 years ago, but now we are going for more of a creative flair approach rather than brute force. I do rate him as a player but im not sure where he will fit in... Does he start instead of ramiries in the central role... I wouldnt be too happy with that. 20mil is a lot for a position we have lots of cover in atm... Though with David luiz and fellaini we would be a pretty cool looking team... so there are positives and negatives... :D

I actually think he's a bit overrated after watching him against England. Not a lot of quality finishing and he's a bit too aggressive to fit with us. With Hazard/hulk/Mata/Torres we don't need another aggressive midfielder. We need a creative one who can also track back and be solid defensively.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You