The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

Just now, Atomiswave said:

It is money grab but maybe also a shout that uefa needs to change things up. No as it stands CL has become stale.......adding more teams to even more useless group matches is not a reform.

It is a European champions league. Porto, Benfica, Monaco, even champions of Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Belgium have as much of a right to play in it as the other multi billion clubs like ours do. This sense of entitlement is just vullshit and would not be there anymore when RA leaves us and we have to fend for ourselves.

It's a disgrace that anyone here is even supporting this.

Last season all 16 teams in knockout phase have been from top5 European league. This season 15. Only Porto from outside. 

This is basically just scraping pointless group stage and changing knockout system to more interesting and more games.

8 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Last season all 16 teams in knockout phase have been from top5 European league. This season 15. Only Porto from outside. 

This is basically just scraping pointless group stage and changing knockout system to more interesting and more games.

Oh really. Were you that confident against Shakhtar in 2012-13? 

Did not spurs get knocked out by a non top 5 league team over a 2 legged tie. What gives them the right to play and have definitive status. What gives us the right when we could not even get beyond round of 16 in 7 freaking years. 

Apparently there will be a statement released at 21.30hrs from each of the clubs who have signed up to join the Suepr League. 

Anyone have the links once released.. that would be great 👍

8 minutes ago, DDA said:

Apparently there will be a statement released at 21.30hrs from each of the clubs who have signed up to join the Suepr League. 

Anyone have the links once released.. that would be great 👍

Nothing yet

5 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

Florentino Perez to be Chairman
Henry, Glazer, Kroenke and Agnelli to be vice-chairmen

wtf

one of the most corrupt presidents to run it?

and then 3 YANKS plus the ultimate mafioso family (the Agnellis) to be the underbosses?

Just now, Vesper said:

Florentino Perez to be Chairman
Henry, Glazer, Kroenke and Agnelli to be vice-chairmen

wtf

one of the most corrupt presidents to run it?

and then 3 YANKS plus the ultimate mafioso family (the Agnellis) to be the underbosses?

fuck this shit!

4 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

Yes I get that, but in the end the clubs decide.....good or bad is another matter. Cl is a shit show, PL is a shit show thanks to them manipulating results. EPL and Uefa are afraid they will go bust. Looks like this shit will happen one way or the other. Plus us and the clubs involved do not look like they give a fuck getting banned.

Well if the club decides to go they wont be able to undo it and I would hope the PL keeps a strong stance and in the future, if it goes ahead, doesn’t buckle if this super league goes to shit and invite clubs back in. The repercussions it will have across every league from the top divisions to the bottom divisions are absolutely massive. People are worried about their club but look at the whole football league pyramid across various countries, it will all go to shit, but some people wont care to see games against the top teams from other leagues.... 

And EPL manipulating results? You sound like a crazed conspiracy theorist. Absolute nonsense. 

EPL and UEFA will not go bust, these are self sustaining organisations worth unfathomable amounts of money but this moves will set them back significantly in terms of structuring and governing the whole domestic football pyramid/pyramids in various countries who will participate. Leagues in Spain, Italy, etc also will be severely affected. Plus you’ve got the fans who the majority of us are working class people who owning a season ticket or going to games at the Bridge or various away grounds, its not going to be any cheaper, in a time where football is already expensive, to have to fly to Spain or Italy every 2nd/3rd/4th week to go cheer your team on to see an extremely glorified exhibition game basically. I see the appeal for people to see these big teams but isn’t that what the CL is for? The whole concept is an absolute abomination. Its an absolute money grab and for me it spits in the face of every football fan across the globe who has shelled out to go watch their team or invested in a season ticket etc. It’s embarrassing. I mean you telling me that a league funded by an American bank who are meant to be willing to pledge £5 billion into it is purely for the fans? Get real.

I also tend to find myself agreeing with Gary Neville, any club who’s signed that document they should be fined heavily at the very least and look into other sanctions (points off, strip titles off, whatever) to send a very very strong message. 

The CL could do with some changes, particularly as teams who win titles in Scotland, Holland, Austria wherever else have to go through various rounds of qualification to get into it half the time but this stepping away for a new league is an absolute disaster.

Edited by OneMoSalah

What did Spurs or Milan do to deserve to be here? Milan did not play CL in years and now back on map. Historically top5 club but not now. 

And let me be clear, I like the idea of this system even if it is under UEFA but not closed system. Make long qualification with all the clubs from Europe but this league system of 16 best European clubs is perfect for fans.