The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

22 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Now we know 4th place will definitely be enough.

for us yeah. And I doubt Arsenal win the EL anyway. But if they did, we could do a 2021, finish outside top 4 and kick westham out by winning CL. Damn that was so sweet doing that to the Spuds.

This tie against Real will be so much fun!! 

Kroos-Modric-Casemiro vs. Kova-Kanté-Jorgi, should be interesting. Also there will be big duels on the wings.. 

I expect few goals(1-3 on the two games) and  tense games, Tuchel and Zidane will bring up all their tricks. Can’t wait!

Can's stupid handball should not have been awarded a pen by uefa rule #12. I would go mad esp after the stupid call in the first leg( I still think City would have gone through anyway). Probably we will face the same shit in the final.  Quite obvious UEFA wants City to win it for some reason.

9 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Can's stupid handball should not have been awarded a pen by uefa rule #12. I would go mad esp after the stupid call in the first leg( I still think City would have gone through anyway). Probably we will face the same shit in the final.  Quite obvious UEFA wants City to win it for some reason.

For me, it was an obvious penalty. You learn as a kid that you should always let your arm close to your body, when you are defending in your box. Especially nowadays that almost every incident is awarded a penalty, regardless where your arm is positioned, this Can incident should even be more awarded a penalty. 

I would say that the Bellingham situation was BS in the first leg, but I would be furious if Chelsea did not get a penalty for the Can incident. Can is just stupid for putting his arm in that position 

Stinking City were rather lucky to go through, in no shape or form should they have won at emptyhad, refs in CL have learned a bit from EPL looks like. You just know RM will get the decisions their way vs us.......they will dive and play-act and the refs will oblige.

2 hours ago, killer1257 said:

For me, it was an obvious penalty. You learn as a kid that you should always let your arm close to your body, when you are defending in your box. Especially nowadays that almost every incident is awarded a penalty, regardless where your arm is positioned, this Can incident should even be more awarded a penalty. 

I would say that the Bellingham situation was BS in the first leg, but I would be furious if Chelsea did not get a penalty for the Can incident. Can is just stupid for putting his arm in that position 

It is not a pen by the rules of every single footballing authority within the UEFA. And every referee knows it. Just as every referee should know to let the foul run to give the VAR a chance to help. The only explanation is that they acted the way they did on purpose.

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

I agree with you. The rule is stupid. Just heading the ball into your arms could easily be exploited as a way to make a close control without risking it to get away from you.  but a rule is a rule.

Edited by Magic Lamps

30 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

It is not a pen by the rules of every single footballing authority within the UEFA. And every referee knows it. Just as every referee should know to let the foul run to give the VAR a chance to help. The only explanation is that they acted the way they did on purpose.

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

I agree with you. The rule is stupid. Just heading the ball into your arms could easily be exploited as a way to make a close control without risking it to get away from you.  but a rule is a rule.

Do the rule makers of Uefa even play football? That rule would mean that I can lift my arm up high as high as I want and then head it to my hand and get away with it. Who comes up with those rules? Just like the new handball rule that apparently almost everything is handball, regardless if your arm is close to your body in a natural position or unnatural position like Can was (if for instance KDB shot and it hit Can's, hand like yesterday, it would be a, penalty even in the old rules, but also a pen in the new rule book) . 

All the analysis of the game by English experts(BT sports) I found on Youtube said that the arm was in an unnatural position and I agree with that, so giving penalty is the right call. The old rule was perfect. I never complained about it. These new rules make me so angry. 

Edited by killer1257