The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

11 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Why are Spurs in Super league? Not a big club, they won nothing. I am happy about UEFA tho. Fuck that corrupt organization. 

Why does anyone want to join a European Super League?

Never mind Spurs? Why do we want to join it? Or United or Juventus or anyone else? 

It shows a complete disregard for the fans and also the history of various domestic leagues. 

1 hour ago, Atomiswave said:

Why is PL getting involved here, none of your business. They want to ban those Pl teams for joining? Then EPL will lose most of its revenue, clubs have the power not the other way around. But having those cunts mentioned as vice chairmen is a big no no.

What a joke.

The PL and UEFA’s stance is absolutely right and I can’t believe you don’t see why they have taken this stance and got involved.

If clubs want to play it they shouldn’t be part of their domestic leagues or the CL, it is as simple as that. It would ruin football, its not through UEFA its some big shot American bank who wants to do it. All it is, is just sheer greed and the clubs should be told well if you go down that path your on your own. And they should be ashamed. Its basically selling out.

I am actually embarrassed that we seem to have agreed to be part of it. Who the fuck made that decision? I know covids hit clubs hard and it was obvious they would propose it as this is when clubs are perhaps more vulnerable financially  but I didn’t think they’d be willing to completely sell out more or less

Edited by OneMoSalah

46 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Why does anyone want to join a European Super League?

Never mind Spurs? Why do we want to join it? Or United or Juventus or anyone else? 

It shows a complete disregard for the fans and also the history of various domestic leagues. 

What a joke.

The PL and UEFA’s stance is absolutely right and I can’t believe you don’t see why they have taken this stance and got involved.

If clubs want to play it they shouldn’t be part of their domestic leagues or the CL, it is as simple as that. It would ruin football, its not through UEFA its some big shot American bank who wants to do it. All it is, is just sheer greed and the clubs should be told well if you go down that path your on your own. And they should be ashamed. Its basically selling out.

I am actually embarrassed that we seem to have agreed to be part of it. Who the fuck made that decision? I know covids hit clubs hard and it was obvious they would propose it as this is when clubs are perhaps more vulnerable financially  but I didn’t think they’d be willing to completely sell out more or less

Yes I get that, but in the end the clubs decide.....good or bad is another matter. Cl is a shit show, PL is a shit show thanks to them manipulating results. EPL and Uefa are afraid they will go bust. Looks like this shit will happen one way or the other. Plus us and the clubs involved do not look like they give a fuck getting banned.

Edited by Atomiswave

8 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

UEFA is just threatening. They have no power. Why would national leagues ban top clubs? For them it stays the same.

What? 

These associations are part of uefa. Ofcourse they will be affected. What is stopping them from creating a "domestic league" of their own. 

It is damn shameful what the club are doing and I am ashamed to be a supporter of it. It is not enough that we spend 100m more than the other clubs every season, now we want guarantee of success. Shameful entitlement. What is for Perez to have real Madrid start  every game with 1-0 scorline. Or for glazers to have United start with 12 men. This is a slap to competitive football and us fans. I am so happy that every fan club has come out in support of fa and uefa (who are not without their flaws). But can't believe 'anyone" would support this shameful shit. 

Idk. I think it’d be kinda cool to see Chelsea play Real Madrid one match day, then see us playing Juventus the next, then Liverpool, then PSG etc. Just massive games every time between the best clubs in the world.

But I definitely can see why everyone seems to be against it. 

12 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

UEFA is just threatening. They have no power. Why would national leagues ban top clubs? For them it stays the same.

Also, how does uefa have no power?

It can ban the club, and ban any player from ever playing in a uefa competition, not to add for their national teams. I think you are overestimating these egotistical, corporate psychopaths in Perez, glazers etc. They have no leverage and fans will revolt against their own clubs. 

1 minute ago, Randomshit said:

It can ban the club, and ban any player from ever playing in a uefa competition, not to add for their national teams. I think you are overestimating these egotistical, corporate psychopaths in Perez, glazers etc. They have no leverage and fans will revolt against their own clubs. 

It wont come to happen.......on the other side Uefa's new system is just horseshit. 36 teams instead of 32 does what exactly? Its just more games more matches thus more revenue, it does nothing to the system itself. They call it a reform but it really is not.

It is a money grab. I am all for clubs maximizing their income. I think it is wrong that they will do this at the expense of other PL teams and pretty much destroy lower league teams. It is even more of a shit thing to do when lower league teams have no gate funding to create income. The whole purpose of a league is create a competition where everyone is sustainable as long as they can manage their funds properly. Your league is only as healthy as your lowest teams.

This is a real shit move and I wish Chelsea was not a part of it. 

5 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

It wont come to happen.......on the other side Uefa's new system is just horseshit. 36 teams instead of 32 does what exactly? Its just more games more matches thus more revenue, it does nothing to the system itself. They call it a reform but it really is not.

And that gives a handful of yanky billionaires to come out, with a Yankee bank and create their own league? 

What exactly is the issue with the CL as it is now? The new reform gives a chance for a 5th or even a 6th team from the "best countries", is not that enough? These Yanky billionaires are doing what is best for their clubs and only their clubs. Let's not act as if they are reforming the way football is or they are driven by literally anything other than their own personal greed. 

15 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Idk. I think it’d be kinda cool to see Chelsea play Real Madrid one match day, then see us playing Juventus the next, then Liverpool, then PSG etc. Just massive games every time between the best clubs in the world.

But I definitely can see why everyone seems to be against it. 

I agree.

Football and sport in general are just fun and business. We live in capitalism. Why should this be different? I as a consumer will much more enjoy top teams playing each other every week. Also sounds maybe harsh but I do not care about Bate, Lodogorets, Red Star etc... Group stage is pointless, you know what will happen. Many teams are there just for goal differences. Every season the same. Plus often draw play big part. Imagine Super league 16 teams. 30 rounds, every week top games. In the end winner really is the best team. People want to see that. Guy who performs in the pub for 100 dollars per night should not complain when Lady Gaga or Bruce Springsteen make 2 millions per concert. People want to pay and see that. So really why should we care if some team from Romania or Poland dont get the chance to play top teams and get humiliated a couple of times per year? In this new Super League top teams like Liverpool, Barca can be bottom of the table, this is exciting. UEFA only have themself to blame. They should came out with this idea years ago. Clubs gave them time and they came out with even more stupid system. You can always even in Super League leave 2 open spots every year for teams that play final in 2nd major competition. So teams like Porto, Ajax can qualify if they deserve. This already happened in basketball and as we see it will happen in football.

30 minutes ago, Randomshit said:

National federations would eventually go against UEFA because they would want to keep top teams. UEFA can pretty much become irrelevant. 

25 minutes ago, Randomshit said:

And that gives a handful of yanky billionaires to come out, with a Yankee bank and create their own league? 

What exactly is the issue with the CL as it is now? The new reform gives a chance for a 5th or even a 6th team from the "best countries", is not that enough? These Yanky billionaires are doing what is best for their clubs and only their clubs. Let's not act as if they are reforming the way football is or they are driven by literally anything other than their own personal greed. 

It is money grab but maybe also a shout that uefa needs to change things up. No as it stands CL has become stale.......adding more teams to even more useless group matches is not a reform.

5 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I agree.

Football and sport in general are just fun and business. We live in capitalism. Why should this be different? I as a consumer will much more enjoy top teams playing each other every week. Also sounds maybe harsh but I do not care about Bate, Lodogorets, Red Star etc... Group stage is pointless, you know what will happen. Many teams are there just for goal differences. Every season the same. Plus often draw play big part. Imagine Super league 16 teams. 30 rounds, every week top games. In the end winner really is the best team. People want to see that. Guy who performs in the pub for 100 dollars per night should not complain when Lady Gaga or Bruce Springsteen make 2 millions per concert. People want to pay and see that. So really why should we care if some team from Romania or Poland dont get the chance to play top teams and get humiliated a couple of times per year? In this new Super League top teams like Liverpool, Barca can be bottom of the table, this is exciting. UEFA only have themself to blame. They should came out with this idea years ago. Clubs gave them time and they came out with even more stupid system. You can always even in Super League leave 2 open spots every year for teams that play final in 2nd major competition. So teams like Porto, Ajax can qualify if they deserve. This already happened in basketball and as we see it will happen in football.

National federations would eventually go against UEFA because they would want to keep top teams. UEFA can pretty much become irrelevant. 

These teams (including my Chelsea) are big only because of fans and the money they get out of our viewership.i for one, will not support a club that goes against the fundamentals of  fair 'competition". I know a buckload of other true blues who would not.