The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

1 minute ago, Blues Forever said:

Debatable, i would say Milan 88-94, Ajax 70-73, and Madrid 55-60 are probably also have strong claims as the greatest club teams in history of football.

Didn´t see these teams, but fair enough. Bayern from 2011-2014 was also a pretty good side.

11 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

stupid ref just stole a goal from dortmudn and made it impossible for the VAR to let the legit goal stands. disgusting

The shit is bent, they want City to go far this time, its good for their brand.

4 hours ago, Beigl said:

That would be arguably Barca from 2009-2012. 

Based on what? Real Madrid have won three Champions Leagues in a row, together with 2 La Liga's and Copa del Rey cups. They would have won 5 in a row if not for Barcelona in 2015, do you know how mental that is? To win 4 CL's in 5 years is something else. No one came close to what Real Madrid did in the 2014-2018 era.

Barcelona have lost 2 CL's in that the 2009-2012 era. Also they were not supposed to win in 2009 after what Ovrebo did.

Edited by Azul

34 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9437033/Chelseas-flaws-exposed-West-Brom-defeat-ahead-crucial-period-club.html

No tongue exist to allow me to explain the hatred I have for Eng media, biased and disgusting to the core.

My work filter blocks Daily Mail and ESPN....perhaps for the better.

6 hours ago, Azul said:

Based on what? Real Madrid have won three Champions Leagues in a row, together with 2 La Liga's and Copa del Rey cups. They would have won 5 in a row if not for Barcelona in 2015, do you know how mental that is? To win 4 CL's in 5 years is something else. No one came close to what Real Madrid did in the 2014-2018 era.

Barcelona have lost 2 CL's in that the 2009-2012 era. Also they were not supposed to win in 2009 after what Ovrebo did.

In my opinion you can´t really just look at the trophys when judging a team. I am far from a Barca fan, but I have to say their team was unbelievable, I have never seen a more dominant side since then. They had Messi, Iniesta and Xavi in their prime not to mention the other great players. The way they played changed football completely overnight in 08/09 and that is something I respect even though it is not my preferred style of play. I don´t think your mentioned Real side would stand a chance against this Barca team.

Yes, they lost two CL´s in this time, but lets be honest in 9 out of 10 games they are 4-0 up against us at the Bridge in 2012 and were unlucky (wrongly disallowed goal) against in Inter 2010. Real actually also had their Ovrebo game against Bayern in 2017. Real were also only second best in long periods in the 2014 and 2016 finals. They had some very determined winners in their team though, who cruised them to victories in the late stages.

On 11/04/2021 at 12:46, Blues Forever said:

Vazquez is out for the rest of the season. 

If we beat Porto and Madrid do progress... that is massive plus for us. He played a blinder against Liverpool.