Gaël Kakuta

PaulHopkins

Well....As much a talented individual that he is, I think Kakuta lacks a footballing brain and passion. if you looks at Zidane, Mata, Xavi, Iniesta, and the likes they have a good brain to go with their skills. Even Josh seems to have a good footballing brain. But in Kakuta that seems to be missing.

I long back pointed out while watching his videos of Chelsea Youth that his finishing or end product is BAD!! and sadly he hasnt improved on that

Such a shame he's been forgotten by the club.

He's very skilful and excelled for France in the Euro u-19 tournament, same one Messi made his name years before. He's a victim of the failed youth policy we've long had at the club, which I hope AVB's working to fix. He's still 20-years old, so there's still some hope for him. I fear for him though, his loans aren't working out & he's not playing regular football. Sturridge didn't make his impact until he was 22 so let's try to stay positive.

'The easiest way to describe him is a phenomenon,' said former Lens boss Marx.

'I was director of a French Federation football school when I first worked with him. Between the ages of 13-15 you could see he had everything.

'Perhaps one criticism was that he didn't try very hard sometimes in training - because he didn't need to! He could already do everything.'

'His mum wanted him to stay at Lens because they had a good plan mapped out for him, which included getting an education and working at his football before eventually progressing to the first team,' said Marx.

'But Gael didn't want to go to school. He was at that age when he only wanted to be a footballer. He actually ended up having to repeat a school year because he didn't pass his exams.

'Lens had an agreement signed with him. Chelsea are a rich and powerful club and Gael's mum changed her mind for whatever reason. In my opinion he was too young to leave and go to Chelsea. We told him he had lots of time to move later on but he was seduced by Chelsea.'

Kakuta caught the football bug aged seven after seeing his uncle play for Lille amateurs, and even losing his first game for local side Lille-Moulins 17-1 was not enough to put him off.

He has certainly impressed at Chelsea since joining as a 16-year-old in the summer of 2007. After a reserve team game alongside Michael Ballack, the Germany midfielder told journalists:

'Go see the French lad, he is the star.'

High praise indeed, although it is Steven Gerrard who is Katuka's favourite player.

Didier Drogba is understood to have taken Katuka, who was born in Lille but is of Congolese descent, under his wing when he first came to England. As the trips back across the Channel became less frequent, so Kakuta soon began to flourish, becoming academy scholar of the year after his first season with Chelsea, scoring 12 goals in 24 appearances for the youth team.

His performances also helped France to the final of the Under 17 European Championship in 2008. But the skilful attacking midfielder with a dazzling left foot saw his progress come to a shuddering halt with a double ankle break in February this year in a friendly against the Glenn Hoddle Academy.

Only recently coming back to fitness, 18-year-old Kakuta now faces another four months on the sidelines. This time, though, his only chance of a swift return to action rests with Chelsea's lawyers and not their medical staff.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1211100/Chelsea-ban-scandal-So-whos-Gael-Kakuta-kid-black-Zidane.html#ixzz0Q6l5P9RT

Smh.. So much wasted potential. Should've stayed at Lens.

Well....As much a talented individual that he is, I think Kakuta lacks a footballing brain and passion. if you looks at Zidane, Mata, Xavi, Iniesta, and the likes they have a good brain to go with their skills. Even Josh seems to have a good footballing brain. But in Kakuta that seems to be missing.

I long back pointed out while watching his videos of Chelsea Youth that his finishing or end product is BAD!! and sadly he hasnt improved on that

Don't agree. One of his strong points is his vision. Remember the goal the France youth team scored to win the world cup last season?

I personally feel he's lost something after his injury, and the unforgiving EPL is making his recovery more difficult than ever...

• 2 weeks later...
Such a shame he's been forgotten by the club.

He's very skilful and excelled for France in the Euro u-19 tournament, same one Messi made his name years before. He's a victim of the failed youth policy we've long had at the club, which I hope AVB's working to fix. He's still 20-years old, so there's still some hope for him. I fear for him though, his loans aren't working out & he's not playing regular football. Sturridge didn't make his impact until he was 22 so let's try to stay positive.

Football today is different. He is not "only" 20. He is already 20.

If at this age he is not good enough to be playing regular football in Bolton, its very dificult to see him becoming a great player in the future.

Football is full of players that were superb in amateur level, but failed when they became professional.

The worrying thing is that he can't even keep the likes of Petrov out of the side. He's already benefited from not having to compete with Lee, you'd think regular selection would be bare minimum in a team that hadn't won a home game this season till as recently as last weekend.

• 3 weeks later...

This loan spell really is turning out to be abysmal. Games in which he has played, from what I remember of those rare moments, he did well. I remember his game against APOEL for Chelsea fondly and that magical U-19 tournament. With these in mind I'm perplexed, angry and let down at Coyle not picking him at all recently - especially with their atrocious form. I really hope Chelsea bring him back in January, he can certainly do far better than what we "avail" already. What will we lose? If we can get Hazard I'm sure the two will help each other out too.

Bolton is having a difficult time so taking big risk with Chelsea youngster on loan is not likely at all. It's almost the same situation with PvA. You shouldn't blame Coyle or Martinez for not playing them, take a look at the way we handle crisis. Mid-table teams are best destinations for loans, Aston Villa and Everton namely ( and Le Arse :P ).

Bolton is having a difficult time so taking big risk with Chelsea youngster on loan is not likely at all. It's almost the same situation with PvA. You shouldn't blame Coyle or Martinez for not playing them, take a look at the way we handle crisis. Mid-table teams are best destinations for loans, Aston Villa and Everton namely ( and Le Arse :P ).

Arguable, but it's not a case of if it "ain't broke don't fix it". Their in the bottom 3. Kakuta doesn't have to be designated a place in the starting XI but at least be given the opportunity as a sub and make some sort of an impact? I've tuned into the last 3 games and have been left disappointed that he wasn't given even 10 mins to make an impact. When they beat Stoke 5-0 he could've afforded a few minutes couldn't he? Initially I thought he'd approach Gael as he did Sturridge, leaving him on the bench for the first few games, but it seems I was wrong.

Arguable, but it's not a case of if it "ain't broke don't fix it". Their in the bottom 3. Kakuta doesn't have to be designated a place in the starting XI but at least be given the opportunity as a sub and make some sort of an impact? I've tuned into the last 3 games and have been left disappointed that he wasn't given even 10 mins to make an impact. When they beat Stoke 5-0 he could've afforded a few minutes couldn't he? Initially I thought he'd approach Gael as he did Sturridge, leaving him on the bench for the first few games, but it seems I was wrong.

we might be disappointed but perhaps he is showing very little in training for Coyle

If the manager that see Kakuta every day in training doesnt see Kakuta as an option for their "dificult situation" then there is something wrong with the player.

If the manager that see Kakuta every day in training doesnt see Kakuta as an option for their "dificult situation" then there is something wrong with the player.

The same can be said about one Daniel Sturridge under a certain King Carlo....I am not gonna talk like i know what he puts in in training, i just feel Coyle always wanted Sturridge back and Gael was kinda done to keep his good relationship with us going....#justsaying