Gaël Kakuta

PaulHopkins

On our official web site, they used : "The playmaker" to describe Kakuta. Could it mean they've stopped to see him as winger ?

Peace, playmaker is not a position on the pitch, its a kind of player. Messi is a playmaker, but he is also a goalscores, some describe him as a striker.

Mata can play on the wing, but he still is a playmaker in that position.

Peace, playmaker is not a position on the pitch, its a kind of player. Messi is a playmaker, but he is also a goalscores, some describe him as a striker.

Mata can play on the wing, but he still is a playmaker in that position.

I think Peace meant the Central Attacking Mid position in the hole behind the strikers or striker with freedom to roam!

I think he said playmaker instead Central Attacking Mid. You can be a CAM not being a playmaker.

If your a CAM and not a playmaker then you shouldn't be playing that position tbh! I understand what your saying Henrique a playmaker can be from any position on the field, Romeu for example is a deep lying playmaker, Mata a winger like you said. I thought Peace was talking about Silvas position thats all!

If your a CAM and not a playmaker then you shouldn't be playing that position tbh! I understand what your saying Henrique a playmaker can be from any position on the field, Romeu for example is a deep lying playmaker, Mata a winger like you said. I thought Peace was talking about Silvas position thats all!

I understand you, but what Im sayin is: the fact the club said he is a playmaker doesnt mean they dont see him as a winger anymore.

Lampard and Gerrard are CAMs and I wouldn't call them playmakers. They're capable of making a pass but that's not what they really want to do.

Lampard and Gerrard are CAMs and I wouldn't call them playmakers. They're capable of making a pass but that's not what they really want to do.

Your saying Lampard and Gerrard aren't playmakers? Thats exactly what they do! Lampard isn't as good as Gerrard as doing it mind! Just because they don't have the technical ability a player like Silva has or Kaka (had) doesn't mean they aren't playmakers. A playmaker is there to keep play moving forward, to create goal scoring opportunities and create attacking passage of play wich is exactly what both of those players do imo.

For starters I wouldn't send JOSH to Bolton. As Bolton is in a relegation zone. And his confidence could suffer.

Swansea is the best place for Josh.

Regarding Kakuta, it's all in the head. We all know he is a good player but he lacks the drive that Sturridge had. Sturridge is so ambitious Kakuta is someone who doesn't look like a fighter to me. He has just gone from bad to worse in last two years. The good thing is he is only 20. Sturridge was no where when he was 20. It would be a crime to give up on Kakuta. He has age on his side and look to studge for inspiration.

You have a very good point there. Sturridge is a kid with huge confidence, and speaks his mind, he also has huge determination. He just keeps getting better and better, he pushed himself at Bolton, he scored a goal, it was flukey, but he came back and he still kept on scoring, his desire in the Arsenal game for Bolton was unbelievable. Danny had 2 bad games agaisnt big teams and we were becoming really concerned, Manchester, Arsenal. He came on against Liverpool and i wasn't to happy when i saw that AVB was bringing him on, but he changed the game, the tempo, and we were just running forward, and kept getting the ball back when we lost it. Sturridge's passing was very good, and he's been great eversince then so far. He started last night against Manchester City, and in my opinion he was our best player. Just shows the determination he has to put on a performance, he said he wants to be world class, he said he wants to be a starter and wont want to warm that bench, and he's almost making his dream a reality. And it's fantastic to see that in him, i wish i had some of that. And i also wish Kakuta had some of that, but who knows maybe he does, i don't know the kid, maybe he just isn't a good player.

Kakuta hasn't failed yet by no means. He's 20 and just needs to be nurtured right, honestly with Bolton precarious position Coyle couldn't given him much chances. And theirs no way that he isn't a good player. I know some people may find it tedious looking to the U-19 tournament, but just remember who the previous winners of the golden-boy accolade were. In time I still believe he can become brilliant.

Don't want to make any excuses for Kakuta but Bolton and Coyle hardly helped him, unless it's a matter of Coyle being much better with British kids he doesn't deserve getting McEachran.

To think that back in August Bolton and Wigan looked like the perfect loan destinations for Gael and PvA...

with Josh McEachran a possible new arrival.

Chelsea are thought to have offered Bolton £7million plus McEachran on loan until the end of the season in order to prise Gary Cahill away from the Reebok Stadium.

No, Bolton should be blacklisted from Chelsea loans from here on in.

to be fully honnest from the outside it could look like kakuta wasn't tood enough BUT, and this is a big one, if you watched his games (unlike some ppl here that judge him only down to his time on the pitch) he was always praised and he scored in his first outing (a wonderfull goal by the way) always looks lively and threataning, according to reports he is gett'n rave reviews from the bolton staff, its poorly down to they're bad form... no one could've seen that comeing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxGlZqoV1os

The remainder of the season Kakuta should be sent to a Championship side on loan just so that he plays week in and out and gains his confidence back. This loan move should be purely to bring his confidence back. Once thats done, next season he should be sent to a premier league side like Swansea or Hamburg on loan. Need of the hour for him is minutes on the pitch