Chelsea will win the CL

The journey ends here without doubt but it's been a good run. Knocking Barca (i hate that word btw) out and winning it is out the question, just need to produce a couple of good displays and make the club and the owner proud. We'll be back though when we have more fire power to win this. We needed Barca (!), Bayern and Real to be knocked out really but that is asking too much.

After watching the game today, i'm a bit concerned about how many goals Barca (ffs) will put past us but hey, it's not done yet.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're out against Barcelona if we play this bad. Lucky that Benfica didn't beat us, and there is a wide gulf in class between us and Barcelona. What will work for us though is that Barcelona's defenders are utter wank. Alves and Abidal are ok, but Pique and Puyol are hopeless these days.

Doesnt help we have the FA Cup game at stupid O'Clock on the Sunday..

Cant mess around with chances like we did today if wana still be in with a chance come 2nd leg....but never know Liverpool were kinda crap and they won it.Guess they didnt have to face Barca playing like they are though

Remember where you heared it. I really think it's our time now. Odds are highly against us and we tend to perform better as "underdogs". We had a real dip in the form and thinks looked horrible but the tide has turned now. The spirit in the team is better, we are starting to deliver and play as a team, Torres seems to get back into form and everything just feels right.

Also, for some of the senior players this might be the last chance to finally get that CL title. I think most still hav nightmares after the Barca game but mostly after losing to man utd in the finals.

At the very least we WILL make it to the finals and I do actually pray that Barca beat Milan because that revenge would be SO SWEET!

And to all of you suckers who for some reason just love to be negative, you are no real fans. A real fan stand by their team in better and worse and never lose faith.

We are Chelsea and we are the best!

Thanks for Jinxing it.

Doesnt help we have the FA Cup game at stupid O'Clock on the Sunday..

Cant mess around with chances like we did today if wana still be in with a chance come 2nd leg....but never know Liverpool were kinda crap and they won it.Guess they didnt have to face Barca playing like they are though

True, but instead, the dippers had to play us. That Chelsea team would lol this Barcelona team back to the 1930s where their tactics belong. Makelele would shut Xavi out of the game, William Gallas would have made a fool out of Messi and Drogba-Robben-Duff would have absolutely had a ball playing their fragile, shit, back 4.

Just because we've had a good run doesn't mean we're now a better team. We aint even played anyone great in this run yet. It's nice to get to the semi's but it's not nice to see that the Chelsea team faced with getting revenge against Barcelona is this one. We have to be realistic, we love our team but over 2 legs, and with the 2nd being away, we don't have a hope in hell.

So what if they have the El Classico, we have Arsenal away like 3 days after the 1st leg. Fuck that.

We are not defiantly out against Barca.

Yes its going to be stupidly hard, there but there was a huge golf in class between us and Liverpool in 2005 and what happens?

How much would i love the winner against Barca to be a penalty through a dive, then Valdes saves Lampard's penalty but it's given over the line, i would PAY to see that happen.

Its amazing how far the quality of world football has slumped so badly since the 2006 World Cup that this Barcelona side are considered the greatest ever team. Rijkaard's lot were miles ahead of this squad. Even Arsenal circa 2005 had a better team, IMO.

Every major English team is currently paying their worsts squads in 15 years, and they're still competitive. Makes you wonder just how poor the Premiership clubs need to be for the others to catch up.

Robbie for West Brom masterminded 4 points out of 6 for West Brom at The Emirates and Old Trafford and that was for West Brom.

Believe.

Well said. Remember, all it takes to beat Barcelona is to park the bus away, and then hope for a fluke goal at home. Man Utd set the blueprint, we copied it down to perfection, Inter Milan modified it a bit, and now it's up to us to keep that tradition going.

One striking fact about those three teams I've listed is that around the period of those game, the central defensive partnership was probably the best in the world. Vidic-Ferdinand, Terry-Carvalho, and Samuel-Lucio.

At Stamford Bridge there will be a 10-20 minute spell where we have Barca on the back foot, it happens to Barca away from home in the CL every time.

We HAVE to score atleast 2 in that period.