Fulham 1 - 1 Chelsea

73 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

Speaking of Yanks, need to troll a bit here and give a Fuck Yeah to my man Dempsey!!!!

If we had good players like him playing for the states, our sport will grow exponentially! :blue scalf:

Haha same goes for Ryan Nelsen in Spurs! Second Kiwi to score in a top flight English league! Woop lol

Since we are on the topic..I became a fan cause of FIFA 2000. Chose Chelsea and Zola scored nearly all my goals, been in love ever since

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok? Ive been a fan of this club since 08 so sure I'm a "fanboy"... He was always my favorite striker and to get him was just an added bonus...

I'm sorry if I only post about him but to be honest I only do because he pisses me off the most and if we paid that crazy amount for him, I want the best cause this club would be killer with him at peak and all I ever say is that we need a playmaker, we have no creativity, (Torres or not)...

And I know I'm not the only one who is at the edge of my seat when he has the ball on the box, cause I know even people who hate him even do so when he shoots...

Hahaha I'll stop all this posting about Torres, I just like him so I'm going to defend him and that's mate, I'm not a fake fan or a Torres fanboy...

Okay man glad to hear that, you don't have to stop posting about Torres all the time i don't want to get you paranoid now. I was just hoping you aren't one of these fan boys, you can't just keep defending Torres, i know there has been diabolic creativity, but in some cases he has had no excuses what so ever.

Being like that is being like Liverpool, at the moment they have excuses for Downing and Carroll, even Kenny, they can't even admit they have flops. Rafa Benitez they had an excuse for him, all they do is keep making excuses constantly, we aren't like that. We got to be real about it, Torres is a good player and i think he can play well next to a striker, just not Drogba. He has good work rate and flair, i like his unselfishness and i think we don't have to have him just to be good infront of goal.

Anyways im hoping that we will sort it out next season, we need new players desperately.

Even if Torres leaves Chelsea a massive flop atleast we can take comfort from the fact Liverpool wasted that money on Carroll and Henderson. Newcastle spent Liverpool's Carroll money on Ba and Cisse.

Another atrocious performance coupled with a 2 point loss which only serves as a wake-up call for those who couldn't look past the results and expected positivity no matter how we kept getting them.

The Napoli home game aside, we've been shit for longer than I care to remember and our last semi-good period of football must have been back in December.

Normally you'd blame the midfield for such an unconvincing display but since we've played much better football having the same choices, our "forwards" and the decision of playing them has to be questioned. Lampard was the usual passanger he has been ever since his injury last season and Meirelles looked as lost as ever in a Chelsea shirt but Mikel was the one who had an extremely poor game by his usual standards.

I refuse to believe that Di Matteo played Ramires over Sturridge to prove a point but as a managerial decision that didn't pay off I expect him to not repeat the same mistake again.

Not to insult the Bertrand bandwagon (who has been very solid IMO) or scapegoat Kalou (who is far from the biggest culprit for our appaling football, or our worst player/problem tonight) but given what I've witnessed in the last few weeks I'd take the link-up play between Ashley Cole and Malouda every single day of the week over the one's inability to dribble and keep his head up at the same time and the other's over-eagerness to cross.

The stats on points being dropped and goals conceded in the last 10 mins deserve a topic on their own. This has fucked up our season worse than bad luck, refereeing decisions and the "high-line" put together.

Yeah, I normally I do get them posted on the first page, but I wasn't watching the game at home tonight so by the time I got home and posted them page 10 was the earliest they could go up.

I see what you mean...you could try asking one of the mods to put up for you later...

Even if Torres leaves Chelsea a massive flop atleast we can take comfort from the fact Liverpool wasted that money on Carroll and Henderson. Newcastle spent Liverpool's Carroll money on Ba and Cisse.

And Newcastle came out on top!

Another atrocious performance coupled with a 2 point loss which only serves as a wake-up call for those who couldn't look past the results and expected positivity no matter how we kept getting them.

The Napoli home game aside, we've been shit for longer than I care to remember and our last semi-good period of football must have been back in December.

Normally you'd blame the midfield for such an unconvincing display but since we've played much better football having the same choices, our "forwards" and the decision of playing them has to be questioned. Lampard was the usual passanger he has been ever since his injury last season and Meirelles looked as lost as ever in a Chelsea shirt but Mikel was the one who had an extremely poor game by his usual standards.

I refuse to believe that Di Matteo played Ramires over Sturridge to prove a point but as a managerial decision that didn't pay off I expect him to not repeat the same mistake again.

Not to insult the Bertrand bandwagon (who has been very solid IMO) or scapegoat Kalou (who is far from the biggest culprit for our appaling football, or our worst player/problem tonight) but given what I've witnessed in the last few weeks I'd take the link-up play between Ashley Cole and Malouda every single day of the week over the one's inability to dribble and keep his head up at the same time and the other's over-eagerness to cross.

The stats on points being dropped and goals conceded in the last 10 mins deserve a topic on their own. This has fucked up our season worse than bad luck, refereeing decisions and the "high-line" put together.

True, but hasn't this been a trend this season? In the old days, weaker teams would give up nearly all hope once the bigger side takes the lead...Nowadays they keep fighting as long as they're still in the game forcing the bigger sides to make mistakes.

Having said that, our inability to hold onto a 1 goal lead for more than 45 mins is embarrassing.

Rocky situation we are in, I strongly believe from now till the end of the season if we win every league game we will finish fourth but if we slip up once more i dont see it happening, but for the time being bring on spurs and baca can't wait, CMON you blues!

thankfully, knockout football is unlike league games. v still hav a big chance of winning something eventhough no1 gives us hope.

also look at the bright side of finishing 6th. next season, our rebuilt team will have no distraction but focus on the champions league spot

After some sleep........ doesn't bother me as much anymore. Deep down I think we all knew this would happen.

We've been playing like this for 20 over months. It's not RDM's fault, not AVB's fault, not Carlo's fault. It's the fucking board's fault for keeping all of these players together and not bringing in replacements. Most of these players are just not good enough. The majority of them know it, so they either can't be arsed to put in 100% performances anymore, or prefer to save their energy for the bigger games.

Our defense is all right. But I can't figure out why there's always, without fail, a 10-15 minute period in every single game where all hell breaks lose, we're on the back foot and can't control the opponent. Every. Single. Game.

We just can't take games by the scruff of the necks anymore. Other teams - doesn't matter if it's Napoli or Leicester - can see that we are so very weak and they know that if they put some pressure they'll get some reward. A lot of it is also a result of our in-game performance. Pass after pass is meaningless. We're unable to keep the ball in the opponents half. Sometimes when we're at the Bridge and it's a particularly dull point in the game then we'd pass it around and the opponent would have 10 men behind the ball. Even then the opponent knows that if they ride out the next few minutes, they'll once again have a chance to attack. When was the last time we truly punished a team at the Bridge?

And then our midfield/attack.... :doh:

Why is Mikel a starter? Why is Lampard a starter? Why is Meireles a starter? Why is Kalou at this club? Why is Torres a starter? Why is Ramires - a player with little to no technical skill - being used as our winger?

If the board had done it's job right and brought in young and hungry players over the last 4 years (right after Moscow) and bled them into the squad over these lot, no way would we be doing as bad as we have been.

Fuck you Gourlay & Buck. We're in this hole because of you.

I just want this season to end.

Okay man glad to hear that, you don't have to stop posting about Torres all the time i don't want to get you paranoid now. I was just hoping you aren't one of these fan boys, you can't just keep defending Torres, i know there has been diabolic creativity, but in some cases he has had no excuses what so ever.

Being like that is being like Liverpool, at the moment they have excuses for Downing and Carroll, even Kenny, they can't even admit they have flops. Rafa Benitez they had an excuse for him, all they do is keep making excuses constantly, we aren't like that. We got to be real about it, Torres is a good player and i think he can play well next to a striker, just not Drogba. He has good work rate and flair, i like his unselfishness and i think we don't have to have him just to be good infront of goal.

Anyways im hoping that we will sort it out next season, we need new players desperately.

Yeah I hear you, no actually I've had many fights with my girlfriend for beig obsessed with Chelsea, it's my life hahaha so to say that I here because Torres' is a bit harsh but I get it...

No we do need more players and not just for the sake of our #9... He isn't our problem at the moment and people need to stop focusing on him and look at the rest of the squad; so yeah you're right, this isn't Torres FC... So we need to treat him like we would any other member and criticize where need be. And at the moment our midfield is dreadful, we play so slow horizontal football, never been FRUSTRATED watching people pass a ball back and forth but at Chelsea I am...

We play so much in our back half that petr cech is our best outfield player! Hahahaha

After some sleep........ doesn't bother me as much anymore. Deep down I think we all knew this would happen.

We've been playing like this for 20 over months. It's not RDM's fault, not AVB's fault, not Carlo's fault. It's the fucking board's fault for keeping all of these players together and not bringing in replacements. Most of these players are just not good enough. The majority of them know it, so they either can't be arsed to put in 100% performances anymore, or prefer to save their energy for the bigger games.

Our defense is all right. But I can't figure out why there's always, without fail, a 10-15 minute period in every single game where all hell breaks lose, we're on the back foot and can't control the opponent. Every. Single. Game.

We just can't take games by the scruff of the necks anymore. Other teams - doesn't matter if it's Napoli or Leicester - can see that we are so very weak and they know that if they put some pressure they'll get some reward. A lot of it is also a result of our in-game performance. Pass after pass is meaningless. We're unable to keep the ball in the opponents half. Sometimes when we're at the Bridge and it's a particularly dull point in the game then we'd pass it around and the opponent would have 10 men behind the ball. Even then the opponent knows that if they ride out the next few minutes, they'll once again have a chance to attack. When was the last time we truly punished a team at the Bridge?

And then our midfield/attack.... :doh:

Why is Mikel a starter? Why is Lampard a starter? Why is Meireles a starter? Why is Kalou at this club? Why is Torres a starter? Why is Ramires - a player with little to no technical skill - being used as our winger?

If the board had done it's job right and brought in young and hungry players over the last 4 years (right after Moscow) and bled them into the squad over these lot, no way would we be doing as bad as we have been.

Fuck you Gourlay & Buck. We're in this hole because of you.

I just want this season to end.

Well said mate

Disappointing result indeed,we had the golden opportunity to go 4th.To be honest,when compared to other teams contending for the 4th spot,we are the least deserving ones in terms of football quality.We have some great individuals in the team but are unable to play as a team and this will definitely cost us,especially when we play against Barcelona.

Once again,I thought the opposition played better than us and deserved the point they got.As for Chelsea,I can't really expect anything from them.They do the unimaginable by beating Napoli and yet they can't get past through teams they are expected to beat.

We don't derserve 4th spot anyway. Kalou just put the Final nail in his coffin, that worthless Piece of crap is Definitley out in the Summer. Anyway We'll just have to buy good to get back into Top 4 next season, for now Concentrate on FA Cup and UCL, take it eas---sorry seems like we always take it easy in the league, Take it even EASIER in the league from now.