Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

18 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Not true, the CL final was played like a pre season freindly because the team weren't sharp enough. Conte played a full strength team in the FA Cup against lower league opposition because he didn't want the main boys to go into a league game with no match for two weeks, went as far as calling it "dangerous".

Training isn't the same, training gets you fit, playing matches get you match fit. There's a huge difference between being fit and match fit.

Yea I get that but its 2 weeks mate not 2months. They should be plenty fit if they practice with high intensity is all im saying. Its a very short window, they wont crash and burn for not playing a match for 2 weeks, at the very end of the season it should be helpful actually. That match could have easily costed us more than RLC in those conditions.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Not true, the CL final was played like a pre season freindly because the team weren't sharp enough. Conte played a full strength team in the FA Cup against lower league opposition because he didn't want the main boys to go into a league game with no match for two weeks, went as far as calling it "dangerous".

Training isn't the same, training gets you fit, playing matches get you match fit. There's a huge difference between being fit and match fit.

I don't disagree with the point you're trying to make but in our case, not sure if playing that match really made any difference to the match fitness. That game in the US was 3 days after our last league game (May 12) and after that, we had two full weeks to prep for the Europa League. If that friendly game was played a week before the final, then yeah but since it wasn't, don't think it mattered too much. I'm sure if the club were concerned about the match fitness, they would have just arranged a friendly with some other club back home or heck, scheduled that friendly in the US a week before the final. 

Im worried about him when he returns.
With an injury like his we won't be seeing him anywhere near his best for quite some time which will put his a target on his back for abuse.
He always got his abuse due to the fact that a lot of guys did not rate him. I was one of the guys defending him because I actually knew him from our Youth Team and saw his Potential.

The good thing about him is that he knows how to come back from a huge injury.
Also, he tore his left tendon and he is right footed, so this will make it Way easier. I am so happy that my favourite Youth Player of all time is now healthy again

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

He always got his abuse due to the fact that a lot of guys did not rate him. I was one of the guys defending him because I actually knew him from our Youth Team and saw his Potential.

The good thing about him is that he knows how to come back from a huge injury.
Also, he tore his left tendon and he is right footed, so this will make it Way easier. I am so happy that my favourite Youth Player of all time is now healthy again

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Well I was one who had doubts but I always saw enough to make me stay open minded, I would never dream of dishing out the abuse that's been handed to Mount/Tammy/Callum.

Unfortunately this is predictable, I'll give it four games after his return until this thread is beyond toxic.

Lampard on Loftus-Cheek...

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/loftus-cheek-needs-time-but-chelsea-miss-his-goals-lampard/11b50gt85jwh01swc6mu7yrzvq

"I think you will miss Ruben; I don’t care who you are. You’ll miss his abilities. His natural physique, his ability to move the ball well and score the goals like he did last season, that has to be a big part of his game as well," Lampard told reporters.

"Of course we’ve missed a player of that level and it is nice and put a smile on everyone’s face on Friday because he is popular with his team-mates too. A smile on everyone’s face to see him back.

"It was the first day with us fully on Friday and it was a light session so that suited him. He has a fair way to go still, and I'm not pessimistic there. He just needs a full week training with us first, a tough week.

"Then he will need some under-23 games, and again I think the break comes at a nice time for him to work and we’ll gauge it the other side of that break and see where he is. It might be too early [to face Leicester in the under-23's on Friday.

"The week’s training is the important thing because he hasn’t had that at first-team level. Then we will consider the games after that."

• 2 weeks later...