Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

Just now, Jason said:

F****** SARRI FOR PLAYING HIM IN THAT FRIENDLY MATCH!!! :rant:

I don't like sarri as much as any Chelsea fan, but let's point fingers where we must - the board. To keep that match was stupid. I am sure there would have been a clause of playing first teamers otherwise no manager in their right mind would have played any one

4 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

I don't like sarri as much as any Chelsea fan, but let's point fingers where we must - the board. To keep that match was stupid. I am sure there would have been a clause of playing first teamers otherwise no manager in their right mind would have played any one

The timing of that match wasn't great, that I agree but with Loftus-Cheek, there needs to be special care for him given his back and arguably fitness issues. Playing him on a less-than-ideal pitch condition was daft.

9 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

Yeah, Sarri was so against playing that match. 

18 minutes ago, Jason said:

The timing of that match wasn't great, that I agree but with Loftus-Cheek, there needs to be special care for him given his back and arguably fitness issues. Playing him on a less-than-ideal pitch condition was daft.

IIRC the whole first team played. There had to be some shit deeper than sarri should not have played him. 

2 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

IIRC the whole first team played. There had to be some shit deeper than sarri should not have played him. 

First team played, just not the whole match.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/05/16/report--new-england-revolution-v-chelsea

It's negligence on Sarri's - and his team - part to not manage his situation better. 

30 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

The fuck up was playing in America on a dodgy pitch, a friendly had to happen somewhere though. We had a two and a half week break between the last PL game and the EL final, we needed a match in between to retain sharpness and it helped us in Baku as we were much more sharper than Arsenal especially as the match wore on.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

First team played, just not the whole match.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/05/16/report--new-england-revolution-v-chelsea

It's negligence on Sarri's - and his team - part to not manage his situation better. 

Weren’t the players all contracted to feature? 

I blame this on Buck. He arranged it. 

Lampard on RLC...

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/12/04/lampard-views-on-abraham--mount-and-pulisic-after-villa-victory-

‘Ruben has had a few setbacks over the last two months. He hasn’t had a new one but it is not flying along as much as we would want and it is not for the want of trying by everybody, including Ruben himself. There is nothing worse than being injured but at the moment we are no closer to him being fit.’

5 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Weren’t the players all contracted to feature? 

I'm sure the first team players were expected to feature but it's daft if you can't make a 'special compensation' for Loftus-Cheek.

5 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I blame this on Buck. He arranged it. 

If you're gonna blame someone, it should be on Roman. As mentioned in the link above, it's him and the New England Revolution owner who decided to organize the match "to raise the profile of our Say No To Antisemitism campaign and combat all forms of discrimination". 

I know people are saying we should be patient with our expectations with Ruben but I think he will come back strong and close to 3/4 of his form last season. One of the biggest strengths Ruben always had was his maturity in the final 3rd, he doesn't over dribble, shoot in ridiculous angles like what we are seeing with CHO, Ruben also passes the ball well so those strengths alone will compensate for his lack of match sharpness early on. His biggest problem coming up the ranks was stamina and he had improved massively on that aspect so im hoping at the very least he would be a good impact sub when he comes back. 

5 hours ago, Vybz Kartel said:

I know people are saying we should be patient with our expectations with Ruben but I think he will come back strong and close to 3/4 of his form last season. 

What's this based on? CHO is already obviously struggling mentally post injury, and his was only a small grade tear. Ruben's was a full tear. 

He's going to be scared shitless for months putting pressure on that foot in game. Especially when changing direction. 

9 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

What's this based on? CHO is already obviously struggling mentally post injury, and his was only a small grade tear. Ruben's was a full tear. 

He's going to be scared shitless for months putting pressure on that foot in game. Especially when changing direction. 

Thats why I mentioned his other attributes other than dribbling and pace. Passing, and intelligence in the final 3rd will help us more. His passing has always been one of his biggest attribues were CHO relies on pace, Ruben does not. His game in the final 3rd is polished enough to not decline imo. CHO on the other hand, he was a guy who relied on his pace and the other aspects of his game hadn't developed yet before he got the injury, even last season his decision making was still in need of some work. Ruben on the other hand it was his stamina that needed some work which he worked hard on.