Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

3 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Thats why I mentioned his other attributes other than dribbling and pace. Passing, and intelligence in the final 3rd will help us more. His passing has always been one of his biggest attribues were CHO relies on pace, Ruben does not. His game in the final 3rd is polished enough to not decline imo. CHO on the other hand, he was a guy who relied on his pace and the other aspects of his game hadn't developed yet before he got the injury, even last season his decision making was still in need of some work. Ruben on the other hand it was his stamina that needed some work which he worked hard on.

You're telling me Ruben's game doesn't rely on pace? One of his stand out attributes was his acceleration and power to dribble past opposition in the midfield. 

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

You're telling me Ruben's game doesn't rely on pace? One of his stand out attributes was his acceleration and power to dribble past opposition in the midfield. 

Yes pace is a big part of his game but his other attributes will compansate for it. He isnt just a PnP player he is actually a very intelligent footballer with a good passing range. Those attributes will make him more playable whilst he obviously gets his fitness back. CHO is struggling because hsi other attributes werent developed fully. Right now he cant even pass and his decision making has been poor, Ruben wont have to go through that imo since he is ahead in his all round football development. CHO is over trying, Rubes wont be doing that. 

I think anything we get out of RLC this season will be a bonus to be honest.

At the moment CHO looks shot. I do think he'll get back to what we are expecting him to become but it will take some time.

I think both will massively benefit from a full pre season next summer and that is when we should start seeing the best of both. It's therefore imperative that this season is used to get them to that position starting the next season fully fit and confident.

Ruben Loftus-Cheek reveals comeback date target as he returns to Chelsea training

Latest Chelsea news includes comments from Ruben Loftus-Cheek on his recovery from injury as he sets a target to make his first appearances of the 2019/2020 season

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/players/ruben-loftus-cheek-chelsea-news-17437788

Yeah in my mind hes out for the season and out focus fornhim should be building minutes and concidence whenever and wherever possible.

Even when he does return the chances of us getting the version of the back end of last season anytime soon is next to nil.

2 hours ago, killer1257 said:

I think RLC is mentally stronger than CHO. That is his second big injury in his career. He knows how to come back

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

I also mentioned it earlier, RLC has a more developed game that isnt just reliant on his physical skills. He will look sharper than CHO imo who when he got injured had not developed his game yet. He was/is reliant on his pace and it shows right now his struggling because he cant beat people as he once did before his injury. RLC on the other hand has vision and passing to go along his dribbling and physic. He will not hit form this season but he will be 100% better than what we have at the moment. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/12/2019 at 10:58 PM, Vybz Kartel said:

He will not hit form this season but he will be 100% better than what we have at the moment. 

I agree 100%. 

RLC from last season is so much better than Mount it's incomparable. 

Mount already played more minutes than RLC whole season 18/19.

RLC 10 goals 5 assists 

Mount 5 goals 2 assists 

Don't know how he'll look after injury but I'm worried because Frank said in pre season that he sees Ruben playing deeper. Not sure what he meant by that.

Actually Barkley from last season and Mount now are pretty close call. 

6 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Don't know how he'll look after injury but I'm worried because Frank said in pre season that he sees Ruben playing deeper. Not sure what he meant by that.

Mount is an am

Ruben is a cm

That is quite obvious if you look at the way they play