Lampard VS Gerrard

Wilson

Wow, never knew Lampard have most wins and appearances in the PL.... and will probably have most assists, and 2nd to Henry at goals too....

What a career. Absolute legend.

Edit: well that list at the picture probably not talking about all PL history, i just checked on Wikipedia and Shearer has 260 goals,

not 93 off course, and the likes of Speed and David James have more apps than Frank.. but he's right up there. It did sound

a bit strange to me, with all those players who played until they were like 40. but whatever- he's top those lists :D

probably those are talking about 2000-2009.. pretty sure they are. Legend anyway off course!

One thing you know about him, is that you will never see in your life a footballer who's like him. When you say Messi you think Maradona,

when you talk about brazilian Ronaldo you know there were Pele, Romario and such... so im not saying Lamps has there talent,

but he's just has this uniqe style that you dont see... cant think of players who has that... uniqueness, in todays football.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liverpool in the past years, unfotunately it's not the case at the moment because liverpool are a better team at the moment.

Seriously?

Im not being funny but they have not gone above us all season infact they haven't been above us in the table AT ANY POINT since 2008/2009. The best they have got is level on points and even that has only happened twice (one of which in August this year after the first 3 games).

How can they be better than us? :/

Seriously?

Im not being funny but they have not gone above us all season infact they haven't been above us in the table AT ANY POINT since 2008/2009. The best they have got is level on points and even that has only happened twice (one of which in August this year after the first 3 games).

How can they be better than us? :/

Say that to me at the end of the season.

Not this again! This comparison has died down for a while but in the Jose years it was EVERYWHERE when England couldn't make their mind up on what to do with the two of them. They're different types of players playing for different teams. Lampard is better at certain things and Gerrard is better at certain things. Can we leave it at that? Both have done special things in their careers individually speaking. In terms of club honours, they are pretty much equal (I don't count any of that Asia Cup nonsense)

Not this again! This comparison has died down for a while but in the Jose years it was EVERYWHERE when England couldn't make their mind up on what to do with the two of them. They're different types of players playing for different teams. Lampard is better at certain things and Gerrard is better at certain things. Can we leave it at that? Both have done special things in their careers individually speaking. In terms of club honours, they are pretty much equal (I don't count any of that Asia Cup nonsense)

I swear a lot of this is because they both have names that sound similar...

Technically as a footballer, Gerrard is better. He's a better passer, has a better long range shot, is a better tackler and is quicker. Lampard is smarter, has the better football brain. He see's opportunities to sneak in a get crucial goals very often, much more often than Gerrard.

Gerrard is a creative midfielder.

Lampard is a goalscoring midfielder.

The best 2 at what they do, at least in the premiership over the last decade.

I always put it down to Gerrard having MUCH more natural ability as a player than Lampard and that Lampard over the years has tried much harder and practices to get where he's at and do what he he does well.

So it probably comes down to personal preference, are naturally gifted players better than the ones that have to work in other areas? :S

I always put it down to Gerrard having MUCH more natural ability as a player than Lampard and that Lampard over the years has tried much harder and practices to get where he's at and do what he he does well.

So it probably comes down to personal preference, are naturally gifted players better than the ones that have to work in other areas? :S

Yes! Well put. Agree with your post.