UEFA Cup: (1): 2000–01

UEFA Super Cup: (2): 2001, 2005

Individual

FWA Footballer of the Year: 2009

PFA Players' Player of the Year: 2006

PFA Young Player of the Year: 2001

PFA Fans' Player of the Year: 2001, 2009

PFA Team of the Year: 2001, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009

FA Premier League Player of the Month: March 2001, March 2003, December 2004, April 2006, March 2009

Liverpool top goalscorer: 2004–05, 2005–06, 2008–09

UEFA Club Footballer of the Year: 2005

UEFA Champions League Final Man of the Match: 2005

UEFA Team of the Year: 2005, 2006, 2007

FIFA/FIFPro World XI: 2007, 2008, 2009[105]

FA Cup Final Man of the Match: 2006

Goal of the Season: 2006

England Player of the Year: 2007

Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE): 2007

Honorary Fellowship from Liverpool John Moores University: 2008

BBC Sports Personality of the Year Award 3rd place: 2005

LAMPARD

Chelsea

West Ham United

UEFA Intertoto Cup (1): 1999

Chelsea

Premier League (3): 2004–05, 2005–06, 2009–10

FA Cup (3): 2007, 2009, 2010

League Cup (2): 2005, 2007

FA Community Shield (2): 2005, 2009

World Football Challenge (1): 2009

Barclays Asia Trophy (2): 2003, 2011

International

England

FA Summer Tournament (1): 2004

Individual

2005 FIFA World Player of the Year - Silver Award

2005 Ballon d'Or - Silver Award

FWA Footballer of the Year - 2005

UEFA Club Midfielder of the Year - 2008

World XI - 2005

PFA Fans' Player of the Year - 2005

Premier League : Player of the Decade, (2000–2009) according to official statistics[11]

Premier League : Best player (2) - 2004–05, 2005–06

England Player of the Year - 2004, 2005

UEFA Euro 2004 Team of the Tournament

2006 FIFA World Cup : Man of the match vs Paraguay

Premier League Player of the Month - September 2003, April 2005, October 2005, October 2008

Premier League Player of the Season - 2004-05, 2005–06

Chelsea Player of the Year - 2004, 2005, 2009

PFA Premier League Team of the Year - 2004, 2005, 2006

Premier League : 2004–05 Barclays Merit Award (for 164 consecutive appearances)

ESM Team of the Year - 2004/2005, 2005/2006, 2009/2010

FWA Tribute Award - 2010

Premier League : leader in assists - 2004–05 : 16 assists, 2009–10 : 17 assists

FA Cup: Best player - 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10

FA Cup Final Man of the Match: 2007

Carling Cup : Best player - 2004–05, 2006–07

Premier League : Midfielder with the most goals in premier league history - 145 goals

Chelsea F.C. : Top goalscorer - 2004–05, 2005–06, 2007–08

Goal of the Month - April 2010

2011 Barclays Asia Trophy - player of tournament

2003 FA Premier League Asia Cup - player of tournament

only player to score at least 10 goals in nine consecutive seasons in the Premier League.

Top Scorer

2006–07 FA Cup : 6 goals

Official stats from Wikipedia. Lampard made history yesterday so let's add;

-183 goals in all competitions. (add appearances if you can)

-Joint level with Jimmy Greaves as Chelsea's all time 3rd highest goalscorer.

- Only player in PL history to score 10 or more goals for 9 seasons running

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't go by awards on who is better to be honest, not even individual ones.

I think Gerrard has been generally the better player, but Lampard in his prime was much better than Gerrard in his prime, Lampard had a great technical abillity, could cross, shoot, pass, huge key player, but also has to rely on players, where as Gerrard doesn't have to rely on players as much and can create stuff by himself more than Lampard can, also Lampard was also more consistent (obviously not now), i think Gerrard had the better vision, but Lampard was more creative and had much better movement, where as Gerrard was a better long distance shooter. Play Lampard deep with bad players around him he wont play well, but Gerrard will play well, they play in the same position but play way differently, i really cannot tell.

But to be honest i hate the comparison, because it affects both of the players, it's like i hate the Mata and Silva comparsion, because Silva is the better player, but now everyone doesn't even bother with how good Mata is because of Silva, cause he's better anyway... but the comparsion with Gerrard and Lampard has just gone on, and Liverpool fans actually hate him and always try and find ways to criticise him just because of that comparison.

Gerrard gets attention for being a big fish in a small pond, he stands out amongst the likes of Skrtel, Henderson, Maxi Rodriguez etc.

Lampard has shone even when competing in a team full of world class superstars for countless numbers of years. His superiority in goals and assists is just the tip of the iceberg as to why Lampard is a better player than Gerrard.

Lamps is miles ahead. Gerrard can't even win a Premiership title.

That's because Lampard has been in a much better team, Chelsea have been a much better team than Liverpool in the past years, unfotunately it's not the case at the moment because liverpool are a better team at the moment. You can't just do stats like that according to team awards, it's a TEAM!, game, not individual, no one wins the premier league by themselves, where's the logic in that?...

so lets just say, Cristiano Ronaldo plays for Wolves, and Emile Heskey plays for Manchester United, Man United win the title 3 times in a row, Wolves just scrape relegation, you're gonna say Heskey is the better player now are you?

LOL.. as if it were an unbiased poll with a shock outcome on a Chelsea forum :D We all know who's gonna win here.. and we know who would win in a red forum.

aaah screw it - LAMPARD

E: sorry for double post, dunno how it happened

gerrard is inconsistent, picks terrible passes most of the time, and is glorified for the 30% of the time he doesn't make an unnecessary mistake. he is the best looking player i've ever seen in highlights in comparison to how he actually plays a whole 90. a great way to see how seriously someone watches football is to ask them about gerrard. everyone can appreciate a 32 meter laser beam to the top corner.

lampard does all the small things. he keeps team shape, makes incisive runs for his teammates' space and to provide goal threat, finishes like a CF, can put it in with any kind of shot there is (and has done it against the best clubs and in the best competitions in the world), he's a winner who scores pivotal goals and crucial moments, he's just as dangerous from set pieces and simply scores way more goals than gerrard.

That's because Lampard has been in a much better team, Chelsea have been a much better team than Liverpool in the past years, unfotunately it's not the case at the moment because liverpool are a better team at the moment. You can't just do stats like that according to team awards, it's a TEAM!, game, not individual, no one wins the premier league by themselves, where's the logic in that?...

so lets just say, Cristiano Ronaldo plays for Wolves, and Emile Heskey plays for Manchester United, Man United win the title 3 times in a row, Wolves just scrape relegation, you're gonna say Heskey is the better player now are you?

I see your point but its been questioned before.....Are you a Chelsea fan!? :)

I see your point but its been questioned before.....Are you a Chelsea fan!? :)

What's been questioned?, that's the first time i've been questioned if i'm a chelsea fan.

Mate grow up, just because i think your point is stupid why Lampard is the better player doesn't make me not a Chelsea fan, so just because if a comparisson comes up and he's a Chelsea player i have to go with the Chelsea player?, cause he's at our club?, nah son, bull shit.

Yeah i'm not a Chelsea supporter, i just get really angry when we lose but then really happy when we win as i have been all day, yeah good joke that i just feel emotion but i don't support the club in any way what so ever... and that was sarcasm, because believe me i would expect you not to know that already.