Lampard VS Gerrard

Wilson

Lol going by this logic it will be almost impossible to compare 2 players from different teams.

How is it?, you're just making it like that. Sorry but you cannot compare two players by team acomplishments, it's stupid logic, because no player is the TEAM. I already explained though so if you don't want to read it that's fine, it's pointless me replying.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is it?, you're just making it like that. Sorry but you cannot compare two players by team acomplishments, it's stupid logic, because no player is the TEAM. I already explained though so if you don't want to read it that's fine, it's pointless me replying.

Even if the player in question contributed immensely to the accomplishments? interesting.

Anyway i never compared them based on accomplishments, just look at the stats. Lampard > Gerrard

Cue someone saying that's only because Lampard was on a better team :lol:

Imo, trophies are by no means the main element of comparison to tell which is the better player, but they certainly come into the argument. When was the last time the golden ball went to a player who has won nothing? If Messi played for west brom, would he be considered the best in the world?

Different players but I still rate Lampard higher, though it's not by much. Gerrard has more power but Lampard is far more intelligent and more effective. They're both nothing special on a technical level and pretty similar in that regard. Their influence is hard to compare due to Gerrard's combatative style, which automatically makes it look as if you're more of a fighter and care more.

Plus, Lampard at 33 is still better than Gerrard at 31 B).

But at the same time, I can see why one would rate Gerrard higher. Pool fans would tell you he's just as good as Zidane though.

• 3 weeks later...

Lampard scores more (22 goals in the league alone), assists more (Twice leading assists) and won more trophies on the club stage. On the international front, both have played 90 games with Lampard yet again outscoring Gerrard. Lampard was runner up for the FIFA Ballon d'Or a feat Gerrard never reached.

There isn’t an argument in which Gerrard is better

Both on the decline, but I'm pretty sure lampard has the intelligence to adapt to a new style of play (hasn't looked to bad playing deeper) to prolong his usefulness for us, as for the apparent 25k pay rise being touted by the rags, if true gourlay is being very short sighted, frank in all fairness should be on a new deal that drops each year, you don't give a 34 year old 175k a week.

In my opinion i always thought Gerrard was the better player, but they're both different players... hard to compare.

They're both great, if Gerrard played for us and Lampard played for Liverpool im pretty sure many people will be saying the Gerard is better...

In my opinion i always thought Gerrard was the better player, but they're both different players... hard to compare.

They're both great, if Gerrard played for us and Lampard played for Liverpool im pretty sure many people will be saying the Gerard is better...

No, Lampard is just better. Simple.