Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

They really are not. 2/3 of all teams in the bundesliga are championship level ...just with less money.

I strongly doubt he will be one of the best in the world. he will be a really good footballer. But what position will he become the best in the world ? CM? surely not, does not have the defensive abilites at all. Wing? Too slow. CAM? Not even close to being as creative as Mata or Oscar...

Well he's proven himself on the international stage as well. And, imo he is easily more creative than Oscar (his strengths lie elsewhere), not Mata though I agree.

I nearly chocked on my foot long meatball subway when I read this post. Not as creative as Oscar and Mata!!!

You are going to be pleasantly surprised by what Kevin can do with a football once he has fully intergrated in our team this season.

Funny you say this. I actually just ate a footlong roasted chicken breast subway, when I wrote it.

But I remain, Mata and Oscar are naturally more creative than Kev, even though Kev is more direct.

Several months ago, some of us said here, Kevin is ready for Chelsea, played in Germany, for Belgium & played very impressively.

This kid is ready now. Hopefully, his injury will heal well & he is not out for too long.

Funny you say this. I actually just ate a footlong roasted chicken breast subway, when I wrote it.

But I remain, Mata and Oscar are naturally more creative than Kev, even though Kev is more direct.

mata maybe but i would say he is on the same level as oscar.

Calm down guys. He looks amazing and has been THE star of the preseason so far. But he still has not played vs decent oppositions week in week out. You really can't expect his form against some crappy Singapur and Malaysia sides to hold in the EPL forever. Still amazing goal. He is really a sublime footballer.

Yeah ok, but he is playing with the likes of hazard etc who are all proven week in week out and outperforming them. Granted it's only pre season and they probably don't really give a shit. But still it is very encouraging signs. And based on last season and his first 2 games on preseason playing for us i will be very surprised if he is not starting against hull on the 18th of august.

Haha Subway FTW!

In terms of seeing a pass Kevin surpasses the ability of Oscar easily. Compared to Mata I would say they areon the same level when it comes to how they see the game. In terms of execution, Kevin has a while to go before I can say he is as good as Mata when playing a pass. Once he is use to playing with the team though and gains valuable expefience and grows even bigger as a player he could become our most creative player. I have a feeling that at some point Kevin could become our first choice CAM because of Mata's weakness of being soo left footed. That can play a big factor in Matas game when playing against big sides. He struggles to spray passes in all directions in tight spaces. I think Kevin will eventually push Mata out on the wing or beside him. That's just a feeling I get.. !

They really are not. 2/3 of all teams in the bundesliga are championship level ...just with less money.

I strongly doubt he will be one of the best in the world. he will be a really good footballer. But what position will he become the best in the world ? CM? surely not, does not have the defensive abilites at all. Wing? Too slow. CAM? Not even close to being as creative as Mata or Oscar...

Wing too slow?

Granted he isn't walcott but i would back him in a foot race against oscar. And the way we play he doesn't have to be super quick.

Also what makes him able to play that wide right role is that he has delivery from wide areas. Hazard has it as well, but he is much more of a test technical run past players and cut inside. KDB will give us more width whist being able to play in a similar way to mata imo.

And apparently he can also shoot pretty well based on today's goal.

It won't happen. But right now given the players we have my starting midfield would against hull would be:

Essien Oscar

KDB Mata Hazard

Wow, there is some insane overreaction here to 1.5 pre-season games against nothing sides where Chelsea were resting half their regulars. Nothing new. Just a reminder to stay off the boards until the season starts.

He wasn't exactly bad last season as well though.

And compared to his competitors for that wide right spot, he probably has the edge right now over:

Oscar/moses /Schurrle.

But I agree about some of the greatest in the world or better than Mata statements flying around this early on.

Wow, there is some insane overreaction here to 1.5 pre-season games against nothing sides where Chelsea were resting half their regulars. Nothing new. Just a reminder to stay off the boards until the season starts.

So we are just judging Kevin on 1.5 of pre season freindly games?

No we are NOT!

We are are judging him on his previous loan spells and International performaces also.

That should be obvious as judging him on a few pre season performances would be pretty pointless.

I mean MvGinkel hasn't really done much but struggle to make an easy cross field pass but I'll chill on him and wait to see what he can produce when it matters.

A lot of us have seen what Kevin is capable of thus far in his career because of his previous.

A lil relativity is needed right now we had players who were fantastic in last season preseason and did nothing throughout the season for us... Kevin does look like the real deal but the comparisons to mata and hazard and to a lesser extent oscar not needed as yet give him a season in prem under his belt then we can judge everyone after first seasons in england

He wasn't exactly bad last season as well though.

And compared to his competitors for that wide right spot, he probably has the edge right now over:

Oscar/moses /Schurrle.

But I agree about some of the greatest in the world or better than Mata statements flying around this early on.

If your reffering ot my post. I wasn't sayin he wis the greatest in the world at all. I said I feel he could become of the best in his future. A big difference!

De bruyne had the same statistics as Oscar in half as many games. The bund. lig. is on a lower level but De bruyne is class. I can see Oscar losing his XI-spot to De bruyne. Mourinho like players with a lot of workrate and De bruyne has that edge above everyone on his position.

If your reffering ot my post. I wasn't sayin he wis the greatest in the world at all. I said I feel he could become of the best in his future. A big difference!

Tbh, i hadn't even read your post... I'm sure I saw that somewhere though. Or I could have hallucinated it.