Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

²

Still fear that aswell. Had the same injury in the past as was able to walk on my own aswell.

Then his knee would be swollen and don't think he would put pressure on it.

an ACL comes when you turn your upper leg and not the lower leg ? it happen to me this way, i yelled it out of the pain, something that Kevin did not do, or he is more a man as i am :o)

Lets hope for the best.

Can't wait to see De Bruyne make his presence felt in the league this season. Much more excited about him for next season, than I am about any other player.

Can't wait to see De Bruyne in USA with Mata,Oscar . I really can't wait , I hope kevin will play the first game vs Inter Milan

Can't wait to see De Bruyne in USA with Mata,Oscar . I really can't wait , I hope kevin will play the first game vs Inter Milan

I too think that from the three of Mata Hazard and Oscar, Hazard will probably be the one to make way. Especially since his form seems to be currently having a bit of a dip. Nevertheless, if all 4 were on full form, I would start with Oscar, De Bruyne and Mata, with De Bruyne in the middle.

De Bruyne has to start against Bayern too. Would give us a chance to have short spells of dominance in the midfield. Aside from sheer skill he'll add some needed physical presence; 2/3 of our midfield are relatively lightweight(Mata and Oscar).

After seeing the injury I only thought the worst. But knowing he walked on it afterwards was a good sign. If he had a very serious knee injury there is not much chance that he would be putting any pressure on it at all.

Same here. My first impression was "Please don't be the cruciate ligament". But I was very relieved to see him walking on it. Hopefully with a couple of weeks rest he'll be as good as new.

an ACL comes when you turn your upper leg and not the lower leg ? it happen to me this way, i yelled it out of the pain, something that Kevin did not do, or he is more a man as i am :o)

Lets hope for the best.

39944916.jpg

Lets hope for the best.

I've torned both my right and my left ACL (on separate occasions). I don't even know which leg I turned, I can't remember and I didn't really see Kevin's injury cause I always look away when they show replays of knees bending :). But first time (right knee) nothing was swollen. Doctor just said it was probably just a bit stretched. Second time it was swollen, although not that much. I felt a crack though on both occacions (don't know if Kevin did) and I had a short yell but was not screaming it out afterwards. So, I'm just saying that it's possible, everybody's body reacts differently. But I hope not, for Chelsea and the national team.

Chelsea: Kevin De Bruyne set for scan on knee injury
By Richard Conway
BBC Sport in Kuala Lumpur

Chelsea forward Kevin de Bruyne is to return to London for a scan after injuring his knee during Sunday's 4-1 win over a Malaysia XI in Kuala Lumpur.

After creating the first goal, the Belgian was injured while scoring the second at the Shah Alam Stadium.

De Bruyne, 22, fired in a fine volley but fell awkwardly and immediately called for medical assistance.

However, after the match manager Jose Mourinho said he is optimistic that the problem is only minor."When he was on the floor and asking for a change, we thought the worst," said Mourinho.

"But the first assessment by the doctor was that it was not the ligaments for sure, and if it is something in the meniscus then it has to be a very small injury.

"So we believe it is not an important injury and hopefully it isn't because the kid is a fantastic player. He's showing to me in training that he is going to be a key man on the pitch."

De Bruyne will miss Thursday's game against Indonesia All Stars but Chelsea are confident he will rejoin the squad when they travel to the United States for the concluding games of their pre-season tour.

The Blues play Inter Milan in Indianapolis on Thursday, 1 August in the first of four scheduled games in America.

De Bruyne joined from Belgian side Genk for £7m in January 2012 but has yet to play a competitive match for Chelsea.

However, an impressive season on loan at German side Werder Bremen enhanced his reputation and his return to Stamford Bridge has been keenly anticipated ahead of the new season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23400115

I too think that from the three of Mata Hazard and Oscar, Hazard will probably be the one to make way. Especially since his form seems to be currently having a bit of a dip. Nevertheless, if all 4 were on full form, I would start with Oscar, De Bruyne and Mata, with De Bruyne in the middle.

Wow, are you serious? Hazard is the only player of those you mentioned that got the speed and technique too play on the wings and you wanna leave him out?

English roots

Kevin de Bruyne's mother was born in Ealing, west London, making him eligible to play internationally for England. However, he opted for the country of his birth, making his debut for Belgium in August 2010 while still a teenager.

Thank fuck for that :>

I knew there was English blood in his family but didn't know it was his mother..

I don't think there's a single team in the world that wouldn't play an in full form Hazard

all the fuss about Eden is because he played some so-so matches in the pre-season. Isn't it common knowledge that he doesn't like friendlies? I know this isn't a NT friendly and pre-season according to Mourinho and now John Terry - is one of the most critical parts of the season. But that's not to say what he can or can't do, but to recover the physical form to play the following nine months.

He may put an effort - and I believe he does - but the fact is maybe what really motivates him is playing real competitions, what makes he run the extra mile - something he might not even control in a conscious level. It's more than understandable that he isn't playing his better level yet. That's what pre-season is here for, so he can find his best form again as we enter the official tournaments in a few weeks.

Kevin has space in the team, especially when you see José complimenting him like that. He wouldn't have said Kev is one of the key players for us and that he is fantastic if he didn't think so.

He will play for us and he may eventually even play where Eden plays, but to expect Eden to leave the team to accommodate Kev seems far-fetched imo.

Kevin will start some matches for us and he will progress and maybe even end the season as a regular in the starting XI. That won't be replacing Hazard though...