Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

Wing too slow?

Granted he isn't walcott but i would back him in a foot race against oscar. And the way we play he doesn't have to be super quick.

Also what makes him able to play that wide right role is that he has delivery from wide areas. Hazard has it as well, but he is much more of a test technical run past players and cut inside. KDB will give us more width whist being able to play in a similar way to mata imo.

And apparently he can also shoot pretty well based on today's goal.

It won't happen. But right now given the players we have my starting midfield would against hull would be:

Essien Oscar

KDB Mata Hazard

Spot on mate, and you can be sure as hell that he can shoot at the goal. Playing for the Belgian NT, he's the guy you want as your corner and the same goes for free kicks..

Also, he is the one who took chelsea's corners and free kicks in the last games and maybe that says something too.

From all the Chelsea players, I saw Kevin play numerous times myself as I live a 20 minutes drive from Genk.

And believe me, he can shoot, very powerfull and with great precision.

He's the real deal, and I'm as sure about him being a starter for Chelsea within the next couple of months as I was for Hazard when he first joined us a year ago.

Haha Subway FTW!

In terms of seeing a pass Kevin surpasses the ability of Oscar easily. Compared to Mata I would say they areon the same level when it comes to how they see the game. In terms of execution, Kevin has a while to go before I can say he is as good as Mata when playing a pass. Once he is use to playing with the team though and gains valuable expefience and grows even bigger as a player he could become our most creative player. I have a feeling that at some point Kevin could become our first choice CAM because of Mata's weakness of being soo left footed. That can play a big factor in Matas game when playing against big sides. He struggles to spray passes in all directions in tight spaces. I think Kevin will eventually push Mata out on the wing or beside him. That's just a feeling I get.. !

Wing too slow?

Granted he isn't walcott but i would back him in a foot race against oscar. And the way we play he doesn't have to be super quick.

Also what makes him able to play that wide right role is that he has delivery from wide areas. Hazard has it as well, but he is much more of a test technical run past players and cut inside. KDB will give us more width whist being able to play in a similar way to mata imo.

And apparently he can also shoot pretty well based on today's goal.

It won't happen. But right now given the players we have my starting midfield would against hull would be:

Essien Oscar

KDB Mata Hazard

Yeah, I also appreciate Kevin's ability and he really could be fighting for the first spot at CAM, but look Mata has played this for two years for us and Oscar is the no1 CAM for Brazil. IMO they are both 1 and 3 years ahead of him...Nonethelss it is great to have those options. The depth we have for the 5 midfield positions is insane. And the option of not relying too much on Mazacar also in the big games is nice too.

Lacks a bit of height I think, but otherwise nice balance. will be interesting to see whether Oscar really develops into a DLP.

Still i think all of them, but esp mata and KDB have to add a bit of defensive ability. Mata, I am pretty sure can't, cos defending requires a tenacity and athleticism Mata just does not have. KDB is still young and has the physique of a boy. I am pretty sure he can add some muscle which will make him faster, stronger and in general more robust, so his defending will also improve.

De bruyne had the same statistics as Oscar in half as many games. The bund. lig. is on a lower level but De bruyne is class. I can see Oscar losing his XI-spot to De bruyne. Mourinho like players with a lot of workrate and De bruyne has that edge above everyone on his position.

Oscar is one of the players with the biggest work rate.

The one that don't much of nothing when we are defensive is Mata.

If anything kdb can take Mata spot, not Oscar.

De bruyne had the same statistics as Oscar in half as many games. The bund. lig. is on a lower level but De bruyne is class. I can see Oscar losing his XI-spot to De bruyne. Mourinho like players with a lot of workrate and De bruyne has that edge above everyone on his position.

Loooooolooolllllllllllll

Who's going to be the one to destroy this post? So much wrong with it.

Loooooolooolllllllllllll

Who's going to be the one to destroy this post? So much wrong with it.

Please try: Most km's in the bundesliga: De bruyne

Most trackbacks in the bundesliga: De bruyne

Largest field occupience in the bundesliga: De bruyne

You haven't seen 90 minutes of him while i've seen about 5000-6000 minutes of both de bruyne and oscar.

pls go.

At CAM then oscar could well have the edge over KDB. But mata obviously had the edge over both of them. So since we can't play two CAMS. He will have to be either an extremely good option off the bench (which seems like a huge waste of talent). Or adapt to a deeper role. Or a wider role.

And in terms of the wider role I would rather have KDB there.

KDB def has good workrate but other than Ramires, Oscar has the best workrate in our team and it's not even close. Not to mention, his tackling is unreal as well.

But let's not turn this into Oscar vs. KDB, both are great talents and bring completely different games to their position. The only way to pick one over the other can be determined based on the opposition.

One thing's for sure though, Oscar's time shouldn't be wasted on the wings now though.

Oscar is one of the players with the biggest work rate.

The one that don't much of nothing when we are defensive is Mata.

If anything kdb can take Mata spot, not Oscar.

Compare their workrate, oscar's is very good but de bruyne is a class higher.

KDB def has good workrate but other than Ramires, Oscar has the best workrate in our team and it's not even close. Not to mention, his tackling is unreal as well.

But let's not turn this into Oscar vs. KDB, both are great talents and bring completely different games to their position. The only way to pick one over the other can be determined based on the opposition.

One thing's for sure though, Oscar's time shouldn't be wasted on the wings now though.

Oscar's tackeling is better, i give you that, but anyone who has watched werder bremen and chelsea will say i'm right. Most of you are just judging on 70 minutes of the bruyne.

For the idiots using Oscar's stats against him did you take into account the fact that he's the third wheel at the club and was forced to play out of position for 3/4th's of it?

His 5 CL goals 5 starts and him outplaying every other player aside from Neymar on the Brazil NT shows how devestating he can be when the team is built around him.

Oscar work rate for one whole season in the PL, champions League, and europa League compare to a bundesliga?

Yeah right!

workrate =/= amout of matches you have played

And if you can't figure at who has the best workrate after watching 38 bundes liga matches and 70 pl,cl en el matches...

For the idiots using Oscar's stats against him did you take into account the fact that he's the third wheel at the club and was forced to play out of position for 3/4th's of it?

His 5 CL goals 5 starts and him outplaying every other player aside from Neymar on the Brazil NT shows how devestating he can be when the team is built around him.

Ad hominimes are for people with low self confidence. De bruyne wasn't played on his fav. position either in werder or in the NT.

last sentence goes for de bruyne as well.

He wasn't exactly bad last season as well though.

And compared to his competitors for that wide right spot, he probably has the edge right now over:

Oscar/moses /Schurrle.

But I agree about some of the greatest in the world or better than Mata statements flying around this early on.

It's possible he could start on the right, but I could also see Oscar in the middle and Mata on the right or even just Oscar on the right. He will definitely get playing time. And yes, he was a very good attacking force last season but that, like Schurrle, was based on unsustainable usage and unlike Schurrle, he was on a very poor squad. This is a team, that in the 7 games KDB played against the top-4 teams in the Bundesliga was outscored 23-4 (and De Bruyne had 1 meaningless goal in those 7 games). Saying look what he did at Bremen is useless without understanding the concept of how a player is used in a squad.

People need to understand usage when talking about statistics. For example, as middle statistically as Oscar's first Premier League campaign was, you have to put in context of a team and a system. Bremen was set up for their attacking midfielders to succeed and Hunt and De Bruyne were their two best players and ran the team's offense and both were among the best offensive players in the Bundesliga on a team that was near relegation. .Oscar was often Chelsea's 4th offensive option and he had to do a lot of defensive responsibilities on a team that was fighting for trophies which De Bruyne didn't. De Bruyne had a higher usage rate than even Mata did for Chelsea. KDB took 2.7 shots a game. He attempted 7.6. long balls per game The manager gave him free reign which allowed him to have an awful 76.8 passing percentage. He had a role on Bremen he simple was never going to have on Chelsea. We have too many other talents and players that need that ball to have players repeat their offensive numbers at smaller clubs. He's still likely to be a key player, but people need to keep their expectations in check.

workrate =/= amout of matches you have played

And if you can't figure at who has the best workrate after watching 38 bundes liga matches and 70 pl,cl en el matches...

It's not even debatable comparing Bundesliga to CL, PL and then EL.....well EL is shit, so you win that one! :D

Oscar won the most tackles at the Confederations Cup and still had the stamina to press Xavi/Iniesta/Busquts going into his 80+ game of the season only just last month.

Think that shows how much of athlete he is. Rival fans have this common misconception of him being a poor defender but I'm shocked one of our own fans would spew that nonsense to prop out KDB. His stamina, workrate and defending in general is light years ahead of any player at the club even Ramires.

As great as KDB is has he ever been given a task of pressing/harassing the likes of Xavi, Pirlo, Arteta and Busquets and doing so with admirable effciency?