Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

Watched the 1st half. Thought he was excellent. I really can't see how he would have difficulties to adapt to a higher level. He combines an amazing awareness of space with even more amazing passing and ball handling. Everything looks so easy for him.

Werder doesn't look very impressive though. I can imagine he would want to be at a club of a bit higher level.

Watched the 1st half. Thought he was excellent. I really can't see how he would have difficulties to adapt to a higher level. His combining of awareness of space and ball handling will make him faster than opponents anywhere.

Werder doesn't look very impressive though. I can imagine he would want to be at a club of a bit higher level.

Give him this season and he will be making an impact with us. :)

He has more offensive role in Werder, right? Could he play as CM in 4-2-3-1? In that case, we dont realy need Benat, Banega, or any other deeplying playmaker.

They try to play the first one, but KDB is the most defensive of the 2 attacking midfielders. basicly he's playin as a deeplying playmaker & as a 10 if needed...

Juzunovic

De Bruyne ---- Hunt

Arnautovic ---------------- Elia

Petersen

De Bruyne ---Juzunovic

Hunt

Arnautovic ---------------- Elia

Petersen

i for one dont think we need to buy a deep lying playmaker, KDB can be our lamps succesor. place him in the pivot vs say the lesser teams and even vs some of the top ones as his defense has been pretty good for werder, and he will blossom.

he can also play anywhere across the front 3, extremely versatile.

i for one dont think we need to buy a deep lying playmaker, KDB can be our lamps succesor. place him in the pivot vs say the lesser teams and even vs some of the top ones as his defense has been pretty good for werder, and he will blossom.

he can also play anywhere across the front 3, extremely versatile.

Agree, KDB is easily Lamps sucessor if he evolves properly. But I can only see him shine in 4-3-3 system

Mikel

Oscar/Rambo-KDB

Mata-striker-Hazard

In 4-2-3-1 Lamps was quite bad comparing him to his standard position in 4-3-3 as creative attacking midfielder with good tracking back. In 4-2-3-1, I can see him only if he would play with a fantastic DM (like Essien was), where KDB would have more freedom and wouldnt need to defend much. Along Mikel, I dont see him work well. Mikel is sometimes terrible (sometimes fantastic) and KDB would play Lampard role, more offensive. That would be too open for opponents.

KDB could be so important to us in a year or two. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go on another loan, although I think its worth bringing him back in the summer.

He can probably play anywhere in the midfield. So versatile and talented. I'd play him next to Ramires.

He could play as a deep lying playmaker (in a 4-2-3-1): he has the passing and is agressive enough for that position. But with the head he's not and he's always thinking forward which may upset the balance of the team a bit.

I prefer to see him play from the left, although he proved with Belgium he can also be on the right side. Depending on circumstances and a couple of years later he could then move to a central role.