Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

False #9 anyone?

Bremen tried it a month or so ago and it didn't work. He is a central midfielder, and a good one at that; no need what so ever for the nonsense of playing him on the wing or as a false 9.

Bremen tried it a month or so ago and it didn't work. He is a central midfielder, and a good one at that; no need what so ever for the nonsense of playing him on the wing or as a false 9.

When Ive seen him on the wing he has been excellent of course from there his crossing is excellent but you do need a striker in the box :ph34r:

When Ive seen him on the wing he has been excellent of course from there his crossing is excellent but you do need a striker in the box :ph34r:

I have seen him play a LOT in Belgium. Everyone from his home club Genk will agree. He is far better in a CM position than as a winger. That's where he start to turn on all cylindres :-)

He is however nowhere near a striker/false nine. just NOT in my book:-)

I have seen him play a LOT in Belgium. Everyone from his home club Genk will agree. He is far better in a CM position than as a winger. That's where he start to turn on all cylindres :-)

He is however nowhere near a striker/false nine. just NOT in my book:-)

fair comment can't disagree with that

It would be hard to leave out Ramires, wouldn't it? I know he has bad games but when he plays well he really means a lot to the team. Well, on the other hand you can't leave out Mikel either :/

I think it's a good problem. We can play KDB and Ramires in the pivot if we don't need real protection in the team - play KDB and Mikel in a more possession based cohesive team or play Ramires - Mikel when we need a more physical and direct approach.

It would be hard to leave out Ramires, wouldn't it? I know he has bad games but when he plays well he really means a lot to the team. Well, on the other hand you can't leave out Mikel either :/

We can play more than 11 players in a season..

I think it's a good problem. We can play KDB and Ramires in the pivot if we don't need real protection in the team - play KDB and Mikel in a more possession based cohesive team or play Ramires - Mikel when we need a more physical and direct approach.

You can't field three attacking midfielders without a proper DM unless you are desperate. It is suicide. Mikel should only be rotated with Romeu imo.

Wouldn't say he plays as a pure winger, hes more of a wide midfielder. Like FloMo used to be. He kind of has similarities to him tbh, not the quickest, good crosser, excellent vision, great at dribbling, capable of scoring goals. Also you could say hes a bit like Beckham because he isn't exactly fast but he has a great delivery and can constantly provide good crosses from allover the opponents half. What I've seen of him in a more central position for Bremen hes been great too. Picking his position could be a conundrum for whoever in charge for the next 5-10 years. Personally I'd like to see him as a regista because we need one but he needs more experience to play in that position. Also Eddie Newton basically made out that Oscar was being groomed for that position saying hes capable of playing there in the future so maybe Kevin might be used as a wide midfielder?

Wouldn't say he plays as a pure winger, hes more of a wide midfielder. Like FloMo used to be. He kind of has similarities to him tbh, not the quickest, good crosser, excellent vision, great at dribbling, capable of scoring goals. Also you could say hes a bit like Beckham because he isn't exactly fast but he has a great delivery and can constantly provide good crosses from allover the opponents half. What I've seen of him in a more central position for Bremen hes been great too. Picking his position could be a conundrum for whoever in charge for the next 5-10 years. Personally I'd like to see him as a regista because we need one but he needs more experience to play in that position. Also Eddie Newton basically made out that Oscar was being groomed for that position saying hes capable of playing there in the future so maybe Kevin might be used as a wide midfielder?

He is not fast for a winger, but for a midfielder he is extremely fast. have u seen him skip every bundesliga opponent's midfield with some explosive strides. He is more like Lampard who also used to have some decent pace at young age. Don't really get, what this "wide midfielder" stuff is about. When do they play. Malouda was more of a defensive winger and hence great in that 2010 4-3-3, which had almost no pace but so much power and balance. KDB should be used in mid-3 or double pivot.

He is not fast for a winger, but for a midfielder he is extremely fast. have u seen him skip every bundesliga opponent's midfield with some explosive strides. He is more like Lampard who also used to have some decent pace at young age. Don't really get, what this "wide midfielder" stuff is about. When do they play. Malouda was more of a defensive winger and hence great in that 2010 4-3-3, which had almost no pace but so much power and balance. KDB should be used in mid-3 or double pivot.

When I said a wide midfielder I meant more that he would actually provide width and get into crossing positions regularly rather than all these inverted striker/wingers that always cut inside and shoot from ridiculous places like Hulk shooting from 50 yards out. Yes Malouda scored a lot of goals too but there was a peroid of time where he effectively played as an attacking midfielder as he drifted in to central areas. For a central midfielder yes De Bruyne is fast but compared to wingers he isn't as fast as some of them.

You can't field three attacking midfielders without a proper DM unless you are desperate. It is suicide. Mikel should only be rotated with Romeu imo.

Which is why I said in the case we don't need protection, a Ramires - KDB pivot would be okay.

Which is why I said in the case we don't need protection, a Ramires - KDB pivot would be okay.

I don't think we'll see many games with Rambo - KDB in the pivot....I think he'll be used alongside Mikel OR as one of the three attacking mids if we persist with 4-2-3-1 system.

I don't think we'll see many games with Rambo - KDB in the pivot....I think he'll be used alongside Mikel OR as one of the three attacking mids if we persist with 4-2-3-1 system.

I'm not saying we will either - but in games or situations where we don't need a genuine DM, it would work IMO.