Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

anyone have a comp. of his latest game, and particularly his position he played? I believe he is the successor to frank lampard when he leaves chelsea next year.

According to the match-summary he played in a central playmaker-role, together with Hunt and defensive midfielder Junuzovic.

If Lampard leaves at the end of the season then KDB must be the natural replacement in our squad for him.

The young talent we have both at the club and out on loan is frightening and i fully trust RDM to blood such players over time.

Eljero Elia: "De Bruyne is our playmaker. Every week he gets better. Kevin combines the German force with the Belgian-Dutch technology"

Eljero Elia. "Next year De Bruyne plays elsewhere, that is so in his contract. And after this step will he be ready for the next step."

I wonder if Di Matteo will stick with the 4-2-3-1 going forward. I think de Bruyne would be a great fit as one of the two but I can't comment on his defensive abilities, although I haven't heard negative comemnts about him tracking back.

De Bruyne would be best suited to play behind Hazard-Oscar-Mata although he is certainly interchangeable. I think if you put him with a defensive minded engine in the two pairing they would be extremely dangerous.

So he's going out on loan again next year? Wouldn't be surprised tbh.

No pretty sure those quotes from Elia are translated to mean that he won't be here again next season because it says so in his contract, i.e. Bremen don't own him, Chelsea do and his contract with Bremen only lasts the season.

With rumours doing the rounds about the futures of Lampard and Romeu, Chelsea will definately have not made a decision on De Bruyne yet next season. I believe they initially had a plan that they would loan him to a bigger continental league this season and then the Prem next season before joining us. However with possible squad places to fill next season, and a big season for Bremen and Belgium, the club may have to accelerate their plans for him.

I personally would have him back in next season.