The Special One Back To England?

Melanicus

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would we want him? When we have AVB who is thinking of the future of the club and bringing in a new positive vision and philosophy to Chelsea F.C?

Only chance of that happening is if AVB gets the sack in the summer, though unlikely depending on how we finish

Can't see it happening, Jose doesn't play the kind of football Roman wants. Judging by that article, he would come back to win the CL, to have short term success, I don't trust that... AVB seems more ambitious than that. Luckily it's The Sun with a "close source" so 99% it's bullshit.

The sentimental part of me does want him back, but the rational one doesn't... I usually go with the rational part.

I support bringing Mourinho for the same reasons you want to keep AVB: stability. If Jose comes back, he will have so much clout with the fans / the board / and such a strong emotional connection with the club that his position will be beyond doubt - like Ferige. Owners come and go, but Fergie will be there forever.

The culture he could create at the club would be immense, a true legend. I want to take my son to the bridge and have 40 thousand people sing "Jose Mourinho, Jose Mourinho!" The fans are emotionally connected to him like we are connected to no one else, he's family, i think it would VASTLY improve the atmosphere at the bridge if he came back. I have no doubt he'd be there for the next twenty years, i cannot see AVB lasting more than 5.

He's won everything everywhere else, what he wants now is to be revered like Fergie, to leave a legacy of 10 titles to smile back on, to be the greatest manager ever. He has also introduced great attacking football to Madrid, and he is obviously tactically more astute than AVB, or anyone else for that matter. in fact, I have been very, very disappointed with AVB and I have seen NOTHING of what he promised, from attacking football, to making poor substitutions, relying on players that EVERYONE else knows shouldn't be on the pitch. I mean, we really have nothing to go on except the hope he will be great, and he may well be, but I'd rather have Mou and know that with certainty.

Would you rather choose Rodger over Mou ? Then why AVB when rodgers has done everything AVB cant with so much less money ? I'd rather have Mou than Hazard tbh, if we're thinking about the long term future, he's it. Only he would keep roman in check because roman knows he is the only manager the fans love and respect more than roman himself. He'd be such a pull for young players like Hazard too who would love to study under such a legend. He is Chelsea.

Don't get me wrong, I do not think we should fire AVB UNLESS it is to bring in Jose. Anything else would be stupid, we need to give him more time. But giving him time, and saving face by not firing another manager, is not worth letting the greatest manager of all time go and missing out on him for the next 20 years.

There is no truth in articles like these. This story is, like many others, published in order to undermine AVB and put him under additional pressure. Like he doesn't have enough of that already.

Nowdays AVB finds himself in a very difficult situation, which is understandable when one looks in our team and it's structure. Since he is young and unexperienced, it is human for him to make mistakes. And expected. We have no choice but to support AVB to the end of the season and let him bring in his kind of players to implement his style. Then we will see his true colours.

I just wish that in the meantime AVB had some experienced assistant manager, like Steve Clarke or Ray Wilkins. That is what he is missing the most, in my opinion.

Its the Sun , enough said , made up bull shit to sell papers.

Even if by some miricle he came back , i cant see him having that much sucess out our current crop of players.

Times have changed. We need to build a team and that’s exactly why AVB is here it want going to happen within one season and now money is an issue we can’t just throw our chequebook at a situation to fix it. it will be shite though when he manages another PL club.

Can't see it happening, Jose doesn't play the kind of football Roman wants. Judging by that article, he would come back to win the CL, to have short term success, I don't trust that... AVB seems more ambitious than that. Luckily it's The Sun with a "close source" so 99% it's bullshit.

The sentimental part of me does want him back, but the rational one doesn't... I usually go with the rational part.

Exactly, was gona say i want him to return only if its longterm, but u cant trust jose with any longterm project as he bails as soon as is suitable for his hungry appetite.

I truly see the future with avb and i mean that..im willing to finish outside the top 4 as long as were rebuilding for a bright future...someone mentioned abt us being out of europe for a few seasons then make victorious comeback, im with that.

i love the guy but i dont think i would want him back he doesnt play the football Roman wants at Chelsea and i think AvB need the summer to get the players in he wants and to really show us what he can do and also what would have been the point to pay all that money to get him from Porto and then sack him and have to pay out more money dont make sence imo.

I support Mourinho going to hell. This man has been a disgrace for football.

Between the two portuguese I would choose AVB any day. We dont need this kind of ridiculous speculation, we have to look forward into next season.

It's a story doing the rounds, it's on the Daily Mail site too.

Im a fan of AVB, I think that his project is the right thing to do in the long term and I think, given time and financial backing, he will find success.

That being said, if AVB were fired and Mourinho were hired in the Summer I wouldn't complain. The fans love him, tactically he is as good as they come, his return would almost certainly reinvigorate the club and his reputation alone should attract a very high standard of player to the club.