The Special One Back To England?

Melanicus

José Mourinho 'tired of Real Madrid' and could return to England

José Mourinho is to leave Real Madrid at the end of the season in order to take up a new job in the Premier League, it has been reported.

Speculation over Mourinho's future in Spain has increased in recent weeks following a series of public rows, amid suggestions that he is being undermined from within the club despite their impressive form. Real's 3-1 win over Real Zaragoza on Saturday was their 17th league victory from 20 games, keeping them top of La Liga on 52 points.

A source close to Mourinho told the Sunday Times that the coach had become exasperated by life at the club. "José is sick and tired of this situation at Madrid. It doesn't matter if he wins this season or not. It's not about the money. He's decided to come back to England and he will go in the summer."

The 49-year-old, who earns a net salary of £8.4m at Madrid, has previously been linked with both Manchester clubs, while Chelsea's relative struggles have raised doubts over André Villas-Boas's long-term future. Arsène Wenger's situation at Arsenal, and the Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp's links to the England job, also raise the possibility of high-profile Premier League vacancies at the end of the season.

Mourinho was named the world's best coach in 2010 by Fifa after winning the Champions League, Serie A and Coppa Italia treble with Internazionale, and a La Liga title this season would be Madrid's first in four years.

The win over Zaragoza marked a rapid recovery from Real's midweek exit from the Copa del Rey at the hands of Barcelona. That defeat prompted a particularly frosty press conference from Mourinho, who denied making tactical errors.

Against Zaragoza his side came from behind after Angel Lafita gave the visitors a surprise early lead at the Bernabeu via a quickly taken free-kick in the 11th minute. But their hopes of a first win since mid-October rapidly disappeared.

Kaká squeezed a low shot under Roberto to equalise in the 32nd minute and Cristiano Ronaldo tapped in his 24th league goal of the season just after the restart. Mesut Ozil scored after a slick move in the 56th and Zaragoza rarely threatened again.

--------------------

In my opinion - I don't believe he will return to Chelsea, now we have Andre. I also don't think he would accept the "second" roll in the club as manager assistant. If he moves to any other Premier League club, we can expect bad things...

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anything i could see the two working well together. That said I don't think it would sit well with either of them. Will hate to see him at any other club, i think every Chelsea fan would be genuinely gutted..

José Mourinho 'tired of Real Madrid' and could return to England

José Mourinho is to leave Real Madrid at the end of the season in order to take up a new job in the Premier League, it has been reported.

Speculation over Mourinho's future in Spain has increased in recent weeks following a series of public rows, amid suggestions that he is being undermined from within the club despite their impressive form. Real's 3-1 win over Real Zaragoza on Saturday was their 17th league victory from 20 games, keeping them top of La Liga on 52 points.

A source close to Mourinho told the Sunday Times that the coach had become exasperated by life at the club. "José is sick and tired of this situation at Madrid. It doesn't matter if he wins this season or not. It's not about the money. He's decided to come back to England and he will go in the summer."

The 49-year-old, who earns a net salary of £8.4m at Madrid, has previously been linked with both Manchester clubs, while Chelsea's relative struggles have raised doubts over André Villas-Boas's long-term future. Arsène Wenger's situation at Arsenal, and the Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp's links to the England job, also raise the possibility of high-profile Premier League vacancies at the end of the season.

Mourinho was named the world's best coach in 2010 by Fifa after winning the Champions League, Serie A and Coppa Italia treble with Internazionale, and a La Liga title this season would be Madrid's first in four years.

The win over Zaragoza marked a rapid recovery from Real's midweek exit from the Copa del Rey at the hands of Barcelona. That defeat prompted a particularly frosty press conference from Mourinho, who denied making tactical errors.

Against Zaragoza his side came from behind after Angel Lafita gave the visitors a surprise early lead at the Bernabeu via a quickly taken free-kick in the 11th minute. But their hopes of a first win since mid-October rapidly disappeared.

Kaká squeezed a low shot under Roberto to equalise in the 32nd minute and Cristiano Ronaldo tapped in his 24th league goal of the season just after the restart. Mesut Ozil scored after a slick move in the 56th and Zaragoza rarely threatened again.

--------------------

In my opinion - I don't believe he will return to Chelsea, now we have Andre. I also don't think he would accept the "second" roll in the club as manager assistant. If he moves to any other Premier League club, we can expect bad things...

There's only one place in England he would go, Manchester. Either to ManUre to replace Ferguson or to City if Mancini doesn't win the league this year (making them Trophyless)

This is a tough one. If he should choose to leave Spain (let's see if that happens) he can pretty much only go to England in my opinion. With all due respect for the German league they are not at the same level as England, Spain and Italy - maybe also France (except Bayern). I do not see the special one going to a second tier club or league.

I am a bit torn but think I have come to the conclusion that I do not want to see him back in the club. I do believe AVB is a man of the future and although the game against QPR didn't show it, I think we could play attractive football under him.

If he was to return to England I can only see him going to Manchester. But I do hope he stays in Spain - will be gutted to see him going to another club in England.

Its a tough situation.

Do we let him go to Manchester and guarentee we won't be lifting a title for a long time?

Do we give up on the Avb "project"? At the moment, Burkina Faso have more chance of winning the world cup then we look like scoring from open play.

Or do we bring in Mourinho, give him the freedom he never got and AVB has and let him build the dynasty we have been craving since we watched fergie turn manure into one of the most successful clubs in the world?

If city win the league Mancini stays. Ferguson says three more years left. Can't see us dumping avb. Kenny is Liverpools God and has just gotten them to a final. Le arse may have fancied him but someone needs to make up 20 mill to buy his contract apparently and can't see them doing that. Think it will be somewhere other than EPL

I love him for everything he has done for us but he has left a legacy lets leave it at that, plus can you honestly see Roman openly admiting his mistake and saying, 'here you go Jose, unlimited funds, take control', appointing AVB is the closest Roman will ever go to admitting that he should not have sacked Jose.

But having said that i have faith in AVB long term, Rome wasn't built in a day, we saw how formidable Porto were when all the players on the pitch suited his style of play, right now we only have a handfull of players that do as soon as more 'AVB players' come in we will reap the rewards furthermore given he worked closely with/under Jose for 7 years if anyone can ge the better of him its AVB, no?

Its a tough situation.

Do we let him go to Manchester and guarentee we won't be lifting a title for a long time?

Do we give up on the Avb "project"? At the moment, Burkina Faso have more chance of winning the world cup then we look like scoring from open play.

Or do we bring in Mourinho, give him the freedom he never got and AVB has and let him build the dynasty we have been craving since we watched fergie turn manure into one of the most successful clubs in the world?

I like this, but it'll never happen.

He will 100% come back to the EPL, just curious to who he'd go to. I would say City would be favourites because even if Mancini wins the league, he's not a good manager at all imo, i could win the league with their money. His man management skills are very poor whereas Jose's brilliant at it. Tottenham is a possibility depending if Arry becomes England boss after the Euro's.

He's very unlikely to come back here, AVB is here for the long run i believe. At least 3 years. I'd be gutted to see him manage any of our rivals but he really has to come back.