The Special One Back To England?

Melanicus

Some fans are to fickle.Support them when they win...slate them when they loose when shouldnt be like that not just Chelsea its at every club,

It's not just fickle... it's plastic behaviour! If they want to feel like that, they should go and support Man City instead.. real Chelsea supporters are the ones who inject faith into the club, and that's what gets the team going every week!! Too much plastic support tends to tie in with the home support in every game! Sometimes when I watch the games, our fans hardly sing any songs.. instead, we get outsung by the opposition. It's happening a lot lately in the home matches and that pisses me off to no end! Have they not heard anything about the 12th man??

Some supporters were leaving the grounds at tonight's game when it was 3-3 ... now that's plastic behaviour!

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbh Chelsea have never been a club to hold managers long-term... I think I heard somewhere that our longest serving manager was for 4 years (not counting the pre-historic times), correct? even pre-Roman in PL we had many different managers. It just seems to be the way of the club no matter who the owner is. Wikipedia says we had 5 managers from 1988 to 2003. Long term for us is ~3 years, and it can be argued it's not enough.

Tbh Chelsea have never been a club to hold managers long-term... I think I heard somewhere that our longest serving manager was for 4 years (not counting the pre-historic times), correct? even pre-Roman in PL we had many different managers. It just seems to be the way of the club no matter who the owner is. Wikipedia says we had 5 managers from 1988 to 2003. Long term for us is ~3 years, and it can be argued it's not enough.

I thought first of all - cheeky get," pre Roman, prehistoric" but to be fair it seems pretty spot on - never realised that until I looked at it. We really don't keep managers and haven't done for decades

As i've said before, I've got sympathy for AVB. Today we saw a little glimpse of what his Chelsea could be. I have no doubt that he would rather play Juan Mata in a free role, but he hasn't got a quality left winger so he has to use Mata out wide. Juan was sublime today, if we can sign a decent left winger then we can look forward to seeing more of Mata in that same position. He has put his faith in Luiz and it is being repaid, he also looked excellent today. He hasn't had a chance to pick Essien because of injury which is a shame because Essien showed that he still has a lot left to give, he was terrific.

AVB is lumbered with deadweight of previous regimes that we haven't had a chance to clear out. Id much rather take the positives from today than the negatives.

If Mourinho comes back we might as well just disband the whole youth team.

What the hell makes you think that ?? Mourinho is smart, he knows teams better than anyone else and the values of players / is great at seeing hidden talent. No reason at all to believe he wouldn't bring out the best in people like he did with balotelli.

Mourinho's response to the media regarding his future next season:

"You should know the answer to your question about me staying on next season. I'm not feeding those rumours, so you'll have to ask your sources. You say they are anonymous, but I think they're imaginary. If your source is indeed anonymous talk to it; if it's imaginary then simply come up with an answer to your question."

:lol:

Sometimes I wonder how good the backroom staff are when it comes to motivating the players,etc.

I know Di Matteo is a former Chelsea player, and maybe a good tactician, but I wonder how good a job him and the assistants do, with regards to giving players advice and how they motivate the subs/reserves...

Because, back when Carlo was in charge, the team functioned like a machine. Even old minds like Deco, Belleti and Paulo came off the bench and chipped in.

Carlo was not a very good tactician but he was brilliant at motivating players. He was able to make Drogba play the best football of his career, he inspired the old guard of Ballack, Lampard, Terry, Cole et al. to have one of their finest seasons in a Chelsea shirt as well during the Double season. The man was a champion, but there were some managers (like Moyes, oddly) who just knew how to out-do him. That being said, he always had the better of Wenger :D