The Special One Back To England?

Melanicus

There is no point taking steps back..would love to see him back in the past but times have moved on and all.

And if he came back be so peed off!! Be a case of 4 years or however long its been,sacking and hiring just to go round in a complete circle! He was treated like crap in the end so nah

no chance

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems Jose' states he will return to England once every month or so. Part of me thinks it's a ploy to keep 'brand Mourinho' alive over here. Sky/our media constantly remind us this is 'the best league in the world', being abroad somewhat lessens the focus, Jose'® needs to keep his stock up.

To be honest, it wouldn't shock me if he stayed at Madrid. If he does leave, I can see him taking time out until he gets an offer from an English club.

I was wondering how long could Real keep Mourinho after he won the league last night and this makes sense in a way. However I could more easily see him going to either Germany or France to accomplish his vision than coming back to England.

He isn't coming here due to Andre, and at the moment that's probably for the best. That makes ManU the most probable candidate as I can't see him at City or anyone else.

Still I don't consider the reports of him returning to the PL more than wishful thinking from the journos.

Don't see how getting the best coach in the world would be a step back, this isn't relationships we're talking about. If he was offered after Carletto I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Don't see how getting the best coach in the world would be a step back, this isn't relationships we're talking about. If he was offered after Carletto I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Agreed, after Carlo it would be good. However because of the long-term vision & aims of André, it would seem the most the extraordinary of decisions to try and bring Mourinho back to the Bridge.

Though I do wonder how many would actually complain if Mourinho did come to usurp him..

the truth is he would be taken back only for sentimental reasons, in his mind he's already departed Chelsea long time ago and we must stick with AVB, because he has our future in mind and has everything to prove. and I'm ejoying the image AVB is giving our club, Jose would destroy that and everybody would start hating us again. plus Jose doesn't favour joga bonito what our board is trying to achieve, AVB does.

My take on the potential suitors for Jose's services:

Arsenal- The cost of buying out his contract and salary will put them off.

Spuds- see Arsenal

ManUre- Sir Phallux will be in charge for the next 3 years. If Jose wants to cool his boots on moving, I could see this move happening in 3 years' time.

Bin Dippers- I think the price tag could be off-putting, but not prohibitive. However, the issues of putting Queen Kenny out to pasture are a bit more difficult. The NESV brass are working hard to cultivate a solid relationship with the supporters, and sending the 'ol queen packing unceremoniously could be quite detrimental to this pursuit. I wouldn't say Jose going to the land of the hubcap thieves is impossible, but it's not likely, at least in the next year or maybe 2.

That leaves us with the parvenu Manchester club. Heaven knows they've got the dosh to spend on buyouts, salary, etc. Mancini would seem to have some job security with their current position in the league and progress this season. However, if Citeh severely falter down the stretch (something I don't see happening), Mancini will be out faster than you can say Jack Robinson. Thus leaving Mourinho to come in. Now matter how much the simple-minded supporters of Citeh sing "Mancini, whooooa", they probably know that Mancini is a decent enough manager, but not a great one. Mourinho would be a definite improvement.

Us- Been there, done that. Nuff said.

Bottom line is, I don't see him leaving Real after this season. It would take something extraordinary for that to happen. Frankly, I don't want him back in the PL. He would strenghten one of our rivals, and I prefer our rivals to have whinging Frenchmen that fancy frail youth, ruddy complected costermongers that run afoul of the revenuers, or aging former star players that don bin liners in cold weather and enjoy paying far over the odds for mediocre talent at the helm of these teams.

Just watched 'Football's Greatest' about Jose Mourinho. He's just such a legend, i love him and i'll never, ever say i don't want him back and i'll never forget what he brought to our club. There's not a manager like Jose on this planet, he is the best, plain and simple. His man management skills are amazing, he so close to his people. No matter what happens i'm proud that he managed the club i love.

He's 100% gonna come back to England, it will be interesting to see JM vs AVB, that is for sure.

Just watched 'Football's Greatest' about Jose Mourinho. He's just such a legend, i love him and i'll never, ever say i don't want him back and i'll never forget what he brought to our club. There's not a manager like Jose on this planet, he is the best, plain and simple. His man management skills are amazing, he so close to his people. No matter what happens i'm proud that he managed the club i love.

He's 100% gonna come back to England, it will be interesting to see JM vs AVB, that is for sure.

Nah Fergie is better in my opinion.

I LOVE Arsenal's poor run of late (amid their immense stroke of luck against Villa tonight), but I fear Arsenal might snatch him to replace Wenger if he ever got sacked!

I doubt that. They're too stingy for his liking, and he'd undo all the work Wenger has done. It would take him ages to build a squad that he wants, and I don't think José likes to do things that require many seasons work.

I would have loved to see him if he had given this "Return to England" a thought a season ago... but really clever of him .. wants Chelsea fc when he knows he can restart Project Mourinho with us. He will get to choose the talents he wants ... do what he did couple of years ago.

But sadly or fortunately now Chelsea FC is setting itself up for Project Villas Boas -- Hopefully if the club doesn't fire him and fans actually put their trust in him and give him the time he duly deserves :)

KTBFFH !

Considering AVB worked with Jose for 7 years he will surely know what makes Jose tick, so if AVB cannot get the better of him i doubt anyone can.

I love Jose for everything he has done for club, the way he got us playing with confidence bordering on arrogance that made us unstoppable for 2 season's, the way he csme in and saw off Arsene Wenger (who has been making our lives hell for nearly a decade) was legendary.

But the big advantage Jose had over AVB is Jose inherited a squad that only needed a few players to make it complete, the squad AVB inherited needed a complete overhaul, if Jose came in a year earlier would he have stopped Arsenal right away in 03/04?

Lets just remember just how good Porto were under AVB last season, when AVB has a squad full of players to suit his style whats to say he cant do the same for us?

Just try and imagine how gutted we would be if AVB got sacked for Jose , AVB replicated his Porto success for some one else and Jose's return didn't have the desired affect?

My thoughts entirely, i made it patently clear that Jose would be my number one choice when we were doing our utmost best to get Hiddink, unfortunately it was never going to happen.

Concur with this too.

Agreed, after Carlo it would be good. However because of the long-term vision & aims of André, it would seem the most the extraordinary of decisions to try and bring Mourinho back to the Bridge.

This is why AVB must be given time to see through his project, he has always maintained that it is a 3 year one - those of us that are patient can see it is going to take time to turn it around, that's not to say that i am entirely happy with his performance to date but we are going in the right direction.

One thing i will add is that only Jose has survived the sack after not winning the PL and he only lasted a couple of months! So its not inconceivable that Roman could get trigger happy again, its not what i think will happen as i believe AVB has his backing and they have probably talked about their objectives at length that has a list of targets to be met in a 3 year plan to get us back where we belong. However if we finish out of the top 4 and Jose is available.....................just saying! :D

However if we finish out of the top 4 and Jose is available.....................just saying! :D

doubt it !

I think the guys at Ethihad would lure him ... thats the only likely destination I see that he might land his foot !

Arsenal -> no chance, Mourinho knows he wont get the players he wants

Chelsea -> Doubt it [if its true that the club is willing to give AVB time]

Manchester United-> I don't think Ferguson would want to leave the club

So that leaves us with just one club that has money, some quality players and which can feed Mourinho's arrogance -- Manchester City

Considering AVB worked with Jose for 7 years he will surely know what makes Jose tick, so if AVB cannot get the better of him i doubt anyone can.

I love Jose for everything he has done for club, the way he got us playing with confidence bordering on arrogance that made us unstoppable for 2 season's, the way he csme in and saw off Arsene Wenger (who has been making our lives hell for nearly a decade) was legendary.

But the big advantage Jose had over AVB is Jose inherited a squad that only needed a few players to make it complete, the squad AVB inherited needed a complete overhaul, if Jose came in a year earlier would he have stopped Arsenal right away in 03/04?

Lets just remember just how good Porto were under AVB last season, when AVB has a squad full of players to suit his style whats to say he cant do the same for us?

Just try and imagine how gutted we would be if AVB got sacked for Jose , AVB replicated his Porto success for some one else and Jose's return didn't have the desired affect?

It's all about good timing as you stated.

With the exception of Porto, I can see how easily this fit. After Chelsea, Inter was already winning serie A with a good squad assemble by Mancini, and then Mounrinho got the couple of players and bang. Now with Madrid, a great squad assemble by Pellegrini, and bang.

Not to take anything from Mourinho as he is a great coach, but I can clearly see where you are coming from.

If he would take City it would be the same. A good squad built by Mancini and then bam!

A real project that will take him 3 season would be Arsenal or Liverpool....3 season, well the same time frame AVB was hired for. :D