Paul Pogba

Madmax

Actually I haven't answered anything, all you gotta do is ask though!

I never said you support them because of how much they spend, YOU SAID you loathe the idea of spending crazy prices for players yet you support the two clubs who are most guilty for doing just that! I'm a little older than you so my reason for supporting Chelsea has more of a political tinge to it but hey to each his/her own.

And LOL at the last bolded section...

dude!!!! I just said I supported Cris' deal and do you know that was held as the most expensive transfer in the world until Bale? I'm not sure with the correction Ronaldo wouldn't feature as even more expensive than Bale. I don't have a problem with certain players costing as much. Didn't I just bloody said I'd pay this amount for Modric?

What seems to fail to get into some thick skulls is people not agreeing to pay as much in an U-21 when 1) nothing is certain about his future 2) we have a few of them in our U-21s 3) there are other players in the world we could get.

Bloody Pogba isn't Messi or Ronaldo, but the way you guys keep going on as if this is can't-miss kind of business is delusional. I'm positive we'll sign a midfielder, I'm positive it's among the 2-3 clinical signings Mou said we need (I don't believe him for a second we'll sing only 2-3 players). Maybe Pogba ends up being one of them, the moment the ink is in the paper and he's officially a Blue I hope that he becomes the best player in the world while with us. I'm not saying I don't support teams spending big... just spend big in players that are justifiable. Pogba isn't imo.

My problem with this generation is that I don't get it - the problem is mine, I don't get you, not yours, as a generation. I can't follow your reasoning for some things. It makes no sense in my head, so consider it my limitation, not your problem.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you guys are really underrating van ginkel, he's the man for next season i think alongside matic, buying any decent midfielder is okay for squad depth(i had enough of mikel), but splashing 50M+ on position we are not really struggling at? that's no brainer in my book.

If your idea of world class is playing 30 perfect games per season then we have Cristiano and Messi (not this year).

But then we have a problem... we don't have one single world class player in the team. FOr example this season we had almost half a season without Hazard playing well, and trully world class games he did 2 or 3. Should we sell him for 50M£? 60£? I won't talk about the others because Hazard was our best player,,, imagine the others.

Modric was a player of Tottenham, Hazard played for Lille, Lucas for São Paulo. Please let's not compare Juventus with this teams, and Serie A with French or Brazilian competitions.

Pogba is a star of one of the best 10 clubs in the world, in a great football country.

Hazard was not more prepaired than Pogba when we bought him. That's an insult to Juventus, to France national team, to Seria A and to a magnificent player like Pogba.

7 goals and 7 assists in Serie A from a CM. Yes, as you can see a CM that have this numbers played 2 or 3 good games.

Like this one, in this one he didn't score but....

calm down... you also said this which is the origin of this talk about paying over the odds for players.

I'm all always about the volatile sports business and it's nonsense like this happening that leads to such inflated prices.

Having said that I'm not gonna dwell on your contradiction(which is probably the lowest form of intelligence) its not relevant. As I've said before the only reason I entertain such an offer is because 1) someone else will 2) we just caked LARGE on the sale of our 3rd-4th best CB. Its a luxury buy.

There are no guarantees anywhere! No matter what you pay or who you acquire there will be no guarantee on it. What I am basing Pogba's purchase on is that he will continue to get better and if/when he does he will be unsellable.

In the end do people look at what you spent on a player if you win? Bale is looking every bit like an 86M player after scoring the winner in two finals. We won't know how valuable Pogba is or isn't until after he's done, but to say that there isn't a need because we have young english talent in the wake is ridiculous! IF they end up being close to what Pogba is even now its a good problem to have not a bad one.

Who said he needs to be Messi or Ronaldo? are either of them even available? we're talking about the next Yaya!! A player who can make our squad the most complete team in the world!

Its a rare opportunity ONLY because its like we swapped Luiz for Pogba if the dollar figures are true.

To be honest with you though I don't even think 50m is the price it will take to get Pogba so its moot anyway.

If your idea of world class is playing 30 perfect games per season then we have Cristiano and Messi (not this year).

But then we have a problem... we don't have one single world class player in the team. FOr example this season we had almost half a season without Hazard playing well, and trully world class games he did 2 or 3. Should we sell him for 50M£? 60£? I won't talk about the others because Hazard was our best player,,, imagine the others.

Modric was a player of Tottenham, Hazard played for Lille, Lucas for São Paulo. Please let's not compare Juventus with this teams, and Serie A with French or Brazilian competitions.

Pogba is a star of one of the best 10 clubs in the world, in a great football country.

Hazard was not more prepaired than Pogba when we bought him. That's an insult to Juventus, to France national team, to Seria A and to a magnificent player like Pogba.

7 goals and 7 assists in Serie A from a CM. Yes, as you can see a CM that have this numbers played 2 or 3 good games.

Like this one, in this one he didn't score but....

Exactly!

Pogba ALREADY ticks all the boxes for a Jose Mourinho-type DM. Powerful, Pace, composed, combative, lovely technique, deft touch, goal scoring ability, passing ability.

there is no way we're gonna sign a DM who can't defend. The types that do both aren't available and will be in the same price range and offer maybe 3-4 more years of their best in that role.

Pogba is rare talent and a rare opportunity to snatch him is now! Just my opinion.

calm down... you also said this which is the origin of this talk about paying over the odds for players.

Having said that I'm not gonna dwell on your contradiction(which is probably the lowest form of intelligence) its not relevant. As I've said before the only reason I entertain such an offer is because 1) someone else will 2) we just caked LARGE on the sale of our 3rd-4th best CB. Its a luxury buy.

There are no guarantees anywhere! No matter what you pay or who you acquire there will be no guarantee on it. What I am basing Pogba's purchase on is that he will continue to get better and if/when he does he will be unsellable.

In the end do people look at what you spent on a player if you win? Bale is looking every bit like an 86M player after scoring the winner in two finals. We won't know how valuable Pogba is or isn't until after he's done, but to say that there isn't a need because we have young english talent in the wake is ridiculous! IF they end up being close to what Pogba is even now its a good problem to have not a bad one.

Who said he needs to be Messi or Ronaldo? are either of them even available? we're talking about the next Yaya!! A player who can make our squad the most complete team in the world!

Its a rare opportunity ONLY because its like we swapped Luiz for Pogba if the dollar figures are true.

To be honest with you though I don't even think 50m is the price it will take to get Pogba so its moot anyway.

I don't consider what was paid for Ronaldo inflated and I don't think paying as much for an established player such as Luka, not only in Spain, but also in England, as inflated, but for the 23984395856th time I think it's too much money for an unproved U-21. I think it's fair amount of money for proved players in their peak, not for someone's potential. But it doesn't seem like you can say the difference between right and left. Not sure if that is 'lower ind of intelligence' than a supposed contraction (that never happened) though. I'll let you be the judge of that...

and the bolded part is how out of it you currently are. Why aren't all top teams in the world fighting for him then? Because it seems like he's the next Pelé, only he plays midfield. Good night, kid...

Why use the money we got from Luiz and burn it on one player? I know Pogba shows promise but Van Ginkel was looking great last year until his injury. We don't need Pogba, and it doesn't make sense to splash the cash just because you can on a player you don't necessarily need. Would you have paid £86m for Bale? His price is way too high for his potential. For that money I would rather get Vidal who is consistently one of the best CM's in the world and in his prime. It's too much for Pogba and we shouldn't go for him.

I don't consider what was paid for Ronaldo inflated and I don't think paying as much for an established player such as Luka, not only in Spain, but also in England, as inflated, but for the 23984395856th time I think it's too much money for an unproved U-21. I think it's fair amount of money for proved players in their peak, not for someone's potential. But it doesn't seem like you can say the difference between right and left. Not sure if that is 'lower ind of intelligence' than a supposed contraction (that never happened) though. I'll let you be the judge of that...

Its not the only time Real Madrid paid well more than the odds to get their player. Pogba is hardly unproven... he's considered one of the better midfielders in the world even at the age of 21.

He's not worth 50M BUT for Juve to sell him that may be the fee in order to prize him from a club that doesn't need to sell.

Contradiction - a combination of statements, ideas, or features of a situation that are opposed to one another.

"I hate clubs that spend more money than necessary on players but I love Real Madrid and Chelsea...."

Why use the money we got from Luiz and burn it on one player? I know Pogba shows promise but Van Ginkel was looking great last year until his injury. We don't need Pogba, and it doesn't make sense to splash the cash just because you can on a player you don't necessarily need. Would you have paid £86m for Bale? His price is way too high for his potential. For that money I would rather get Vidal who is consistently one of the best CM's in the world and in his prime. It's too much for Pogba and we shouldn't go for him.

Because we can! And its a rare situation to get someone who we may not have an opportunity to acquire otherwise.

Van Ginkel? are you for real? he played 5mins against Hull, 6mins against Villa, 76mins against Basel a game we looked real poor in! and last 10mins vs Swindon! I like him too and agree he deserves a long look but mentioning him in a thread where the discussion is adding potential world class talent and saying Van Ginkel did great last year is a bit of an exaggeration and I'm being kind.

Where does Pogba rank right now amongst the very best box to box midfielders in the game right now? If you can name 5 players that are better than him in that role I will concede he's not needed. nevermind his limitless potential name me the names of 5 box to box midfielders who are as good as him right now.

Because we can! And its a rare situation to get someone who we may not have an opportunity to acquire otherwise.

Van Ginkel? are you for real? he played 5mins against Hull, 6mins against Villa, 76mins against Basel a game we looked real poor in! and last 10mins vs Swindon! I like him too and agree he deserves a long look but mentioning him in a thread where the discussion is adding potential world class talent and saying Van Ginkel did great last year is a bit of an exaggeration and I'm being kind.

Where does Pogba rank right now amongst the very best box to box midfielders in the game right now? If you can name 5 players that are better than him in that role I will concede he's not needed. nevermind his limitless potential name me the names of 5 box to box midfielders who are as good as him right now.

In pre season he looked solid, he can be solid, especially next to Matic. And I think he has the potential to be world class, Van Gaal had him on the preliminary roster for Holland, and he hardly played. That shows you what other managers think of him. Also Mou was willing to at least play him a little, more than De Bruyne actually. And Lukaku.

I would love Pogba here, but not at the expense of a shitload of money and getting in a bidding war with PSG and Real.

In pre season he looked solid, he can be solid, especially next to Matic. And I think he has the potential to be world class, Van Gaal had him on the preliminary roster for Holland, and he hardly played. That shows you what other managers think of him. Also Mou was willing to at least play him a little, more than De Bruyne actually. And Lukaku.

I would love Pogba here, but not at the expense of a shitload of money and getting in a bidding war with PSG and Real.

£50m is as high as I'd go and that's only because PSG were dumb enough to buy Luis for that amount.

and the bolded part is how out of it you currently are. Why aren't all top teams in the world fighting for him then? Because it seems like he's the next Pelé, only he plays midfield. Good night, kid...

Umm what?? I missed this. The team that just won the Champions league for the tenth time is rumoured to be in for him, As is the best team in France not to mention he plays for the best team in italy....Different teams have different needs you dildo! What Pogba can do for Chelsea is not the same as what he will do for City.

His skills perfectly suit the way we want to play.

If for £50 we can get him that'd be great. Anything above would be an astronomical risk.

Its a risk regardless of the fee. 25M is a risk... Its risk vs reward, thats the measurement.

With Pobga, assuming he continues to mature and his current ability doesn't stagnate or regress, we'll have probably the most complete squad in the game. We need a striker obviously but beyond that Pogba goes a long way to solidifying the midfield.

Courtois

Ivanovic Cahill Terry Azpilicueta

Matic Pogba

Schurrle Willian Hazard

Costa(??)

Cech, Van Ginkel, Ramires, Omeruo, Salah, Oscar, Lukaku

Mikel, Bamford, Blackman, Ake, Kalas, Moses.

Who gives a shit if we overspent to get him? He's made our squad fucking beastly!

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/478851/Chelsea-or-Juventus-Paul-Pogba-s-future-set-to-be-decided-after-contract-offer

It seems he will be offered a new contract in the next few weeks. If we seriously want him we have to make an approach immediately, before its too late. I have a feeling he will sign that contract with Juventus, as they could guarantee him to start in every single match.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/478851/Chelsea-or-Juventus-Paul-Pogba-s-future-set-to-be-decided-after-contract-offer

It seems he will be offered a new contract in the next few weeks. If we seriously want him we have to make an approach immediately, before its too late. I have a feeling he will sign that contract with Juventus, as they could guarantee him to start in every single match.

It will come down to money.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You