Paul Pogba

Madmax

The issue in this thread isn't whether or not you all like Pogba, it's that you're all just very jaded on the direction of football transfers in general.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The issue in this thread isn't whether or not you all like Pogba, it's that you're all just very jaded on the direction of football transfers in general.

Each opinion differs from each other, it's what we are all here for. Nobody is jaded, they just have a difference of opinion to you, as to what they want.

Pogba, Rakitic, Vidal, Cesc, Kroos, Witsel, Koké.

I agree with the rest, but Witsel? he's surly a stylish CM but when i saw him he never really stood out in Zenit. Not that good imo.

Koke is another question mark for me, not sure how good he is, but in 30m max it might be worth it.

I blame it on FM... it seems like people lost the common sense when it comes to players price tags. No doubts he'd be more than welcome here, but for this price he'd have to play more than Modric and in all honesty he hasn't been playing even close. For Luka I maybe would agree with such a fee (that would depend on his age, if he was up to 25/6 than yes, if older, probably too much as well).

It makes absolutely no sense to pay such an amount in a youngster, no matter how much the world changed. Bale transfer was an atrocity already, we don't need a repeat of that.

When you come to grips with the fact the marketplace isn't static and that availability dictates a players worth you will have a clue.

Modric is not the same type of player as Pogba. Why is this so hard for people to comprehend? Pogba is not worth 50m but Juve don't have to sell so that drives up his price!

I'll put it to you as well, if I told you we could swap Luiz for Pogba with no financial loss for the club would you do it?

The money doesn't matter we're in the black by a fair margin

Each opinion differs from each other, it's what we are all here for. Nobody is jaded, they just have a difference of opinion to you, as to what they want.

I understand difference in opinions, but I'm talking about several people on here making posts about being disgusted by the Bale/Luiz transfer prices. I'm not making that up.

Wow this thread heated up whilst I watched some on demand 24 ;)

I still don't know what to say - but that €65million is a potential curse on a young lad

Look at Neymar he's done fuck all at Barcelona - yet he was heralded as the new Messi...

Saying this guy is Workd Class is confusing to me. My 'old' definition of World Class meant doing it on the big stage ?

That's not the same as a rapidly declining Serie A...

As we have all agreed - money DOES NOT equal success. Is there any point in risking €65 million on this guy when we have Chalobah, Traore and Loftus Cheek?

I remember the hype around DeBruyne - turned out to be average, same with Moses, same with Marin - in fact a lot of 'Internet (Fifa/FM) players turn out to be shit in real life... Strange that :)

I understand difference in opinions, but I'm talking about several people on here making posts about being disgusted by the Bale/Luiz transfer prices. I'm not making that up.

Disgusted isn't the same as jaded ;)

I was disgusted that RM felt the need to pay €100million for Bale. I'm not sure he's worth that - but RM are happy - so good for them :)

I'm happy we got €50million for Luiz

My only gripe is with PSG and City who are under FFP restrictions/sanctions being able to splash that amount of cash around - its a mockery... So not jaded - just plain old disgusted ;)

I still don't know what to say - but that €65million is a potential curse on a young lad

Look at Neymar he's done fuck all at Barcelona - yet he was heralded as the new Messi...

Saying this guy is Workd Class is confusing to me. My 'old' definition of World Class meant doing it on the big stage ?

As we have all agreed - money DOES NOT equal success. Is there any point in risking €65 million on this guy when we have Chalobah, Traore and Loftus Cheek?

I remember the hype around DeBruyne - turned out to be average, same with Moses, same with Marin - in fact a lot of 'Internet (Fifa/FM) players turn out to be shit in real life... Strange that :)

Can argue that, its tough

No, you're right. We'll start Traore at cm next to Matic next year. Glad we got that sorted! Shut down the thread!

When you come to grips with the fact the marketplace isn't static and that availability dictates a players worth you will have a clue.

Modric is not the same type of player as Pogba. Why is this so hard for people to comprehend? Pogba is not worth 50m but Juve don't have to sell so that drives up his price!

I'll put it to you as well, if I told you we could swap Luiz for Pogba with no financial loss for the club would you do it?

The money doesn't matter we're in the black by a fair margin

if people couldn't see the player name in all your posts they'd think you're talking about the best thing in football since Maradona... the way you make it look like it seems like this is such a can't-think-of-lose-such-a-gem-and-a-business-opportunity kind of deal which it doesn't come even close. I'm all always about the volatile sports business and it's nonsense like this happening that leads to such inflated prices.

I've never said Modric is the same kind of players as Pogba, I just said he's one of the few midfielders I'd agree to pay as much money.

I've given up trying to reason with you. You're adamant in your position and opinion - which is fine - the same way nobody is going to convince me we should spend as much money in an U-21 player whose future development nobody can predict, not me, not you, nobody.

I do hope the board doesn't go there, there are many players we could improve our midfield with and regardless of whether they're as good, better or worse than Pogba and what their ceiling is, this isn't FM so I don't need to have all stars in my team. I'd rather an Azpilicueta than a Pogba and I'm positive we could get someone similar for 30m.

So let's agree to disagree.

No, you're right. We'll start Traore at cm next to Matic next year. Glad we got that sorted! Shut down the thread!

Hmm - I see you are new here - that's cool, but er want to be much more of a cunt?

I'm voicing my opinion - in a non sarcastic way, if you don't like it then fine - but no need to be a bellend about it...

Traore is a nice player - has great attributes and could do a job along with some of our younger players.

I hope Traore does get some game time. Then I can remind you of this post ;)

Disgusted isn't the same as jaded ;)

I was disgusted that RM felt the need to pay €100million for Bale. I'm not sure he's worth that - but RM are happy - so good for them :)

I'm happy we got €50million for Luiz

My only gripe is with PSG and City who are under FFP restrictions/sanctions being able to splash that amount of cash around - its a mockery... So not jaded - just plain old disgusted ;)

Jaded in the sense that you're so upset by these transfers that you can't help but acknowledge they're the way of the future. And I hate to break it to you, but our beloved Chelsea were one of the clubs to start all of this nonsense with a certain 50 million pound player. As much as you'd like prices to go down, I guarantee that they won't.

Hmm - I see you are new here - that's cool, but er want to be much more of a cunt?

I'm voicing my opinion - in a non sarcastic way, if you don't like it then fine - but no need to be a bellend about it...

Traore is a nice player - has great attributes and could do a job along with some of our younger players.

I know I sound cynical, but Traore will probably never start a game for us, and if he ever does feature it would be in 3 to 4 years time minimum.

Not to mention, he's a winger.

if people couldn't see the player name in all your posts they'd think you're talking about the best thing in football since Maradona... the way you make it look like it seems like this is such a can't-think-of-lose-such-a-gem-and-a-business-opportunity kind of deal which it doesn't come even close. I'm all always about the volatile sports business and it's nonsense like this happening that leads to such inflated prices.

I've never said Modric is the same kind of players as Pogba, I just said he's one of the few midfielders I'd agree to pay as much money.

I've given up trying to reason with you. You're adamant in your position and opinion - which is fine - the same way nobody is going to convince me we should spend as much money in an U-21 player whose future development nobody can predict, not me, not you, nobody.

I do hope the board doesn't go there, there are many players we could improve our midfield with and regardless of whether they're as good, better or worse than Pogba and what their ceiling is, this isn't FM so I don't need to have all stars in my team. I'd rather an Azpilicueta than a Pogba and I'm positive we could get someone similar for 30m.

So let's agree to disagree.

Yet you've been a Chelsea fan since when? You won't stop prices from escalating! TV deals and revenues dictate where the market is going and as long as those figures keep rising so to will player salaries and transfer fees.

The fact is there aren't many players who you can say justify a big price tag like 50m, least of which David Luiz! We were awarded a rare opportunity to view a transfer as a swap out, not too disimmilar to Mata for Matic. We can afford to add one of the most sought after midfielders before he enters his prime, the situation we're in is what makes it tantalizing. Had we not sold Luiz I wouldn't go near Pogba for this amount but the fact that we got so much for him makes it easier to digest paying such a fee for a borderline world class box to box midfielder who Juve don't have any need to sell. You pay it because you think in time he will be worth it but you won't have an opportunity to later.

Agree to disagree let's just let all the big names go to our rivals because you'd rather have an Azpilicueta to a Pogba which is obviously a good comparison.

Do you honestly think Traore will play a single minute for us next season? I am honestly curious to see what you think.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You