Paul Pogba

Madmax

and then people ask why england doesnt produce much talent.

England producing talents have nothing to do with this. If the players are that good they will breakthrough. The likes of Ramsey, Bale, Shaw, Lallana, Barkley...etc. If they are truly that good they will sign up for clubs like Southampton and get into the team, it got nothing to do with academy.

But they really don't do it consistently do they?

Well most of the time they do, Modric and Iniesta especially always impresses every time I see them. But yh if you are asking for players that does it 100% every week then that is impossible.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't stand the obsessed with bringing up academy players crowd. We're not Borussia Dortmund. We have the ability to buy world class players instead of being forced to bring up young players...so we do.

Do you want to compete for EPL titles and CL titles or do you want to integrate youth players all the time FFS?

If RLC, or Ake, or McEachran, or Chalobah were at all close to the level of players like Pogba we'd be playing them instead of buying other players.

It's not a difficult concept to understand. So stop bitching about not giving academy players a chance unless you want to trade in competing for titles.

Ladies and gentlemen I give to you……The FIFA and Football Manager brigade.

Can't stand the obsessed with bringing up academy players crowd. We're not Borussia Dortmund. We have the ability to buy world class players instead of being forced to bring up young players...so we do.

Do you want to compete for EPL titles and CL titles or do you want to integrate youth players all the time FFS?

If RLC, or Ake, or McEachran, or Chalobah were at all close to the level of players like Pogba we'd be playing them instead of buying other players.

It's not a difficult concept to understand. So stop bitching about not giving academy players a chance unless you want to trade in competing for titles.

So why is our midfield so shit in that case? Why are we being linked with a 33 year old Tiago?

I'm not entirely convinced both will get any loans. Chalobah doesn't need another loan to the Championship and I'm not 100% convinced Loftus-Cheek will be.

Not for €65 million. Courtois didn't cost that. Lukaku didn't cost that. Oscar didn't cost that. Schurrle didn't cost that. Salah didn't cost that.

No-one is doubting his ability but the price is just so far beyond the

€65m is a lot of dough if we couldn't afford it. Juve don't have to sell him so we have to make an offer they can't refuse and it just so happens that since Luiz was moved because an-offer-was-made-that-we-couldn't-refuse, it put us in a position to offer similar stupid cash for a player we desperately need.

If I told you we could straight up swap Luiz of Pogba what would you say???

haven't seen this before, Chou Chou. This thread moves way too fast to read everything, but I appreciate and agree with your view

Well I may have watched some of the matches he was less than impressive which is why I said he had ups and downs and I was under the impression he went a few weeks in a row without producing his A game, alternating average, barely above average and bad matches in that span of time.

I'd pay at him at most 30m, and it doesn't matter if in 3 years he's worth 3x and we can't buy him... I'm sure we can find some other great midfielder to come improve our team. I don't think we're desperate to one, I think we need a good player - said it just a couple of days ago in some other thread - but I don't think we need to make as much an investment in someone like him.

LOL

Find me one that is as good as Pogba and fits into Jose's philosophy. Paulinho?

Ladies and gentlemen I give to you……The FIFA and Football Manager brigade.

Not just limited to this chap but also those who think we can take any player who plays in the midfield into a deep lying midfielder of a Jose Mourinho side. Rakitic, Cuadrado, Gundogan, Kroos all names of players I've heard who carry skill but don't fulfill the Jose philosophy of defense leading to offense.

I want both and its attainable but no need to rush these kids.

The price is high, you are right. But you have to take a serious look at the market and realize it is changing for good. Luiz being bought for 50m is a perfect example of this.

The problem with Pogba is that he is already a top midfielder on the world stage and Juve know this.

Either we adapt and start paying more for players, or we don't and start getting used to more trophyless seasons like this one.

Luiz is an anomaly. Fuck know's what went on there but I seriously doubt he's the new normal.

I'm simply amazed that people are so disparaging of our young players and simply want to buy success. That seems like such a cold, emotionless way to follow football.

Were Hazard or Oscar finished articles when we bought them? No. Look at how they've developed.

For the past few years Chelsea have been in the business of purchasing elite young talent to feature in their first team. That pattern fits perfectly with the pursuit of a player like Pogba.

Eden was much closer to being a finished article when we bought him than Paul is right now and was performing much more consistently while Oscar was not a key player for us in his first season, in fact he was kept out of the team most of the time by Victor Moses whereas people are expecting Poogba to be a nailed on starter and key player in the pivot if he signs, a role which I do not think he is ready for.

Add to that the fact that club was at a completely different place two years ago. We were challenging for 4th place and in the EL which is why we could afford to have the likes Bertrand and Moses as first team regulars and we could afford to have Oscar and Eden make mistakes and develop. We're not at that stage anymore. Next season we are expected to win the league and challenge in the final stages of the CL. Right now, we would not buy the Oscar of 2012 to him a key player.

I'm still waiting for you to tell me the name of one player world class or otherwise that can produce consistent A level football week in week out. The fact that Pogba is producing world class football at 21 even if its sporadic is a good thing! His best years are ahead of him.

Of course every player in the world has inconsistencies, but there are major differences a mature player not having great games 5-10 games in a season and a young player like Pogba putting is sub-par performances for a quarter or so of the matches of the season. Paying 65m for a player who still needs time to develop is ridiculous, imo.

Of course every player in the world has inconsistencies, but there are major differences a mature player not having great games 5-10 games in a season and a young player like Pogba putting is sub-par performances for a quarter or so of the matches of the season. Paying 65m for a player who still needs time to develop is ridiculous, imo.

its 50M not 65m and if I told you we could swap Luiz for Pogba what would you say?

its 50M not 65m and if I told you we could swap Luiz for Pogba what would you say?

Well if we're talking pounds then it's 40.1m for Luiz not 50, but yes, 65m Euros for Pogba is equally as insane as 50m Euros for Luiz, if not a bit more.

Eden was much closer to being a finished article when we bought him than Paul is right now and was performing much more consistently while Oscar was not a key player for us in his first season, in fact he was kept out of the team most of the time by Victor Moses whereas people are expecting Poogba to be a nailed on starter and key player in the pivot if he signs, a role which I do not think he is ready for.

Add to that the fact that club was at a completely different place two years ago. We were challenging for 4th place and in the EL which is why we could afford to have the likes Bertrand and Moses as first team regulars and we could afford to have Oscar and Eden make mistakes and develop. We're not at that stage anymore. Next season we are expected to win the league and challenge in the final stages of the CL. Right now, we would not buy the Oscar of 2012 to him a key player.

This is definitely a very solid point. However, I still feel as though even Hazard isn't a finished article. Players don't necessarily hit their prime until their upper twenties. I am fully aware that Pogba is still a raw product, but that is what makes him so exciting and potentially prolific. As is, he would be a massive upgrade in our midfield, surely there is no doubting that? Give him a couple years in the team and we could be looking at one of the best the world has ever seen.

I blame it on FM... it seems like people lost the common sense when it comes to players price tags. No doubts he'd be more than welcome here, but for this price he'd have to play more than Modric and in all honesty he hasn't been playing even close. For Luka I maybe would agree with such a fee (that would depend on his age, if he was up to 25/6 than yes, if older, probably too much as well).

It makes absolutely no sense to pay such an amount in a youngster, no matter how much the world changed. Bale transfer was an atrocity already, we don't need a repeat of that.

Well if we're talking pounds then it's 40.1m for Luiz not 50, but yes, 65m Euros for Pogba is equally as insane as 50m Euros for Luiz, if not a bit more.

I heard £48m for Luiz.

But like I said, if you could swap Luiz for Pogba would you do it?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You