Paul Pogba

Madmax

can't believe so much discussion on him; we have been vaguely linked and if remotely true we are after pogba; near impossible deal to get done. We would have to bid what? 60-70mil? 200k wages? and fend of madrid whom which he dreams of?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can't believe so much discussion on him; we have been vaguely linked and if remotely true we are after pogba; near impossible deal to get done. We would have to bid what? 60-70mil? 200k wages? and fend of madrid whom which he dreams of?

Fucking ridiculous.

Dont forget he has same agent like Balotelli and Ibra and will probably go where he can get most money and play enough.

At the end of the day, if we actualy decide to buy him for 50m, it would be ridiculous not to give him starting position considering price and lack of competition on CM spot.

At one point, we dont need to spend 50m on CM, but we can do it. Its up to Jose. Its been quite some time since we did a big marquee signing apart from Hazard or Torres before. We couldnt compete to get Bale, Modric, Sanchez, Cavani, Falcao,...now we can buy whoever we want I believe (apart from Messi or Cr...)

Lets see what Jose thinks.

really?

Dont forget he has same agent like Balotelli and Ibra and will probably go where he can get most money and play enough.

At the end of the day, if we actualy decide to buy him for 50m, it would be ridiculous not to give him starting position considering price and lack of competition on CM spot.

At one point, we dont need to spend 50m on CM, but we can do it. Its up to Jose. Its been quite some time since we did a big marquee signing apart from Hazard or Torres before. We couldnt compete to get Bale, Modric, Sanchez, Cavani, Falcao,...now we can buy whoever we want I believe (apart from Messi or Cr...)

Lets see what Jose thinks.

I've been saying its a rare situation that has been presented to us mainly because of the Luiz kitty.

People here crying about age have no real argument because its supply and demand not age that dictates a players worth. No one here has been able to produce 5 names of players who are better than Pogba in this desired box to box role. IF its true that there are so few who can deliver then his value will be high regardless of his age.

If we wait till he's in his prime the price is not unattainable, its non-negotiable.

The deal for Luiz is the only thing that makes this doable for me, otherwise I wouldn't even sniff at giving up 50 for Pogba. But our windfall has put us in a position where overpaying for a player who is 21 and already in the top 5 of what he does seem like a dream scenario.

I've been saying its a rare situation that has been presented to us mainly because of the Luiz kitty.

People here crying about age have no real argument because its supply and demand not age that dictates a players worth. No one here has been able to produce 5 names of players who are better than Pogba in this desired box to box role. IF its true that there are so few who can deliver then his value will be high regardless of his age.

If we wait till he's in his prime the price is not unattainable, its non-negotiable.

The deal for Luiz is the only thing that makes this doable for me, otherwise I wouldn't even sniff at giving up 50 for Pogba. But our windfall has put us in a position where overpaying for a player who is 21 and already in the top 5 of what he does seem like a dream scenario.

id be all 4 buying pogba, but Im just sure juve won't let him go unless its closer to 60 mil. Secondly im still waiting for us to be strongly linked, so far its all speculation.

Pogba is a huge talent. I'd love him here but 60-65M is way too much. He's got potential to be world class but he's not there yet imo. 40M would be a fair fee.

Plus I feel playing him in a double pivot will harm his influence on the pitch. He'll be asked to be a lot more disciplined than you'd ideally want from such a dynamic player. He's got a lot of freedom playing in that Juve midfield, he won't be allowed that if he's asked to play in a 2 man midfield.

4-3-3 would be the ideal system if we do buy him. Just another reason to try out 4-3-3 next season, especially as that would suit Oscar as well.

Matic

Oscar - Pogba

Willian - Costa - Hazard

Because we can! And its a rare situation to get someone who we may not have an opportunity to acquire otherwise.

Van Ginkel? are you for real? he played 5mins against Hull, 6mins against Villa, 76mins against Basel a game we looked real poor in! and last 10mins vs Swindon! I like him too and agree he deserves a long look but mentioning him in a thread where the discussion is adding potential world class talent and saying Van Ginkel did great last year is a bit of an exaggeration and I'm being kind.

Where does Pogba rank right now amongst the very best box to box midfielders in the game right now? If you can name 5 players that are better than him in that role I will concede he's not needed. nevermind his limitless potential name me the names of 5 box to box midfielders who are as good as him right now.

Modric, Vidal, Yaya, Gundogan, Basti. Not to mention Lars Bender or Aaron ramsey. The world

Tbh i'd prefer DLP than BtB tho. We have our AMs good enough to carry the ball. What we need is the player who lead us out from confusion breaking tight defense, and make our counter attack pattern more deadly

Illaramendi- Why not make a bid for him if Real actually sign Pogba.

I haven't seen a lot of this guy to actually make a judgement.

What do you guys reckon of the Matic-Illara pivot?

just going by this season. dont know what he did the season before to get a value of 34mil. but this season he has been a piece of shit!!!! would rather hope for mvg to get that oppurtunity.

Im surprised to see how many people think he will join Real Madrid or PSG.

Real as i know would like to sign Rakitic and if they do get Pogba than we have clear shot at Rakitic which is also as good as Pogba atleast maybe even better at the moment than him.

While PSG already have a lot of players in that position. Beside that Pogba would like to live and play in a competitive league rather than ligue 1 where he will never have a chance for Ball O'dor.

Only problem i can think of is Mourinho. It depends on what he wants..

Pogba is a huge talent. I'd love him here but 60-65M is way too much. He's got potential to be world class but he's not there yet imo. 40M would be a fair fee.

Plus I feel playing him in a double pivot will harm his influence on the pitch. He'll be asked to be a lot more disciplined than you'd ideally want from such a dynamic player. He's got a lot of freedom playing in that Juve midfield, he won't be allowed that if he's asked to play in a 2 man midfield.

4-3-3 would be the ideal system if we do buy him. Just another reason to try out 4-3-3 next season, especially as that would suit Oscar as well.

Matic

Oscar - Pogba

Willian - Costa - Hazard

I want him but 65mil is too much. I'll bite your hand off for 40mil though

Yeah, I think people need to disregard that 65m (which was in € by the way) rumor. Was clearly some made up bullshit on twitter. Don't think there's a chance they'd turn that down and honestly I think he can be had for significantly less than that.

If we offered £35-45m I think we can get him.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You