Paul Pogba

Madmax

I don't think anyone doubts how good Pogba could be, just that the prices floating around are insane.

You sure about that? at least £100k+ per week dude, maybe even £150k+. He got Mino Raiola for an agent, no chance he become one of the most expensive player in history on small wages/

If his agent pushes for less than £150k p/w he wants sacking.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rakitic? how much do you think he will cost? does he put in a tackle? have the ability to win the ball back? Doesn't strike me as a Jose type player.

A damn sight less than Pogba that's for sure. All what you listed is what Matic does, IR would be the ball rotator and his vision one of the best around, he also is a huge threat delivering a dead ball.

I don't think anyone doubts how good Pogba could be, just that the prices floating around are insane.

If his agent pushes for less than £150k p/w he wants sacking.

Insane indeed but on par with Bale at 86 and Shaw at 30. Ever changing marketplace. I have no idea what Pogba's true value is, what I do know is Juve don't have to sell and we just got a kitty that is similar to winning the lottery.

Hedging bets is obviously not the right terminology to describe gambling a windfall on potentially the next Yaya but what I will say is £50m for Pogba won't make me flinch... Only because we were wowed by the Luiz deal.

A damn sight less than Pogba that's for sure. All what you listed is what Matic does, IR would be the ball rotator and his vision one of the best around, he also is a huge threat delivering a dead ball.

I know what he's envisioned as but I don't think the sort of player who doesn't have any defensive acumen is the type of player Jose would play next to Matic. In my mind the way we set out is more akin to a pack of wolves hawking after the ball as a unit, if you don't know how to do that you won't play. The team I see is more about power and pace, Rakitic ticks the box in terms of how Chelsea supporters would like to see the team play but I don't see Jose paying a big fee for a player who only plays one way.

Pogba is more a Jose player, box to box, picks a pass, wins tackles, composed on the ball.

Anyone arguing against bringing in Pogba is just silly. Already one of the 10 best midfielders in the world with probably the potential of being one of the best overall players in the world. It's simple, if we have the money and he's willing to come here you make that deal ten times out of ten.

Why is everyone so concerned about the money? Take a look at the market currently and understand that you support Chelsea FC. We're going to have to pay a lot of money for anyone! The club clearly has the money based on recent deals, so why not? I guarentee you won't miss the money when the next few years are littered with an array of trophies.

Insane indeed but on par with Bale at 86 and Shaw at 30. Ever changing marketplace. I have no idea what Pogba's true value is, what I do know is Juve don't have to sell and we just got a kitty that is similar to winning the lottery.

Hedging bets is obviously not the right terminology to describe gambling a windfall on potentially the next Yaya but what I will say is £50m for Pogba won't make me flinch... Only because we were wowed by the Luiz deal.

We won't get him even for 50m, Juve apparently rejected 65m euros bid from Madrid and that is more than £50m.

We won't get him even for 50m, Juve apparently rejected 65m euros bid from Madrid and that is more than £50m.

Don't believe the papers dude, if they were even close to accurate we'd have Cavani, Falcao, Modric, Lewdandowski and Costa by now.

Also, consider this. A guy like Romelu Lukaku who has been out on two successful Premier League loans might be sold by the club! Miles better than any of the three strikers we had this season, yet we wouldn't play him. Why on earth would you expect Chelsea to rely on Chalobah RLC or Baker? These lads haven't played a premier league minute. Anyone thinking they will be heavily featured this season are deluding themselves.

Chelsea buy talent. Plain and simple.

Pogba, Rakitic, Vidal, Cesc, Kroos, Witsel, Koké. Any fucking one of these players would be a huge upgrade and we can afford any one we want. I'd be over the moon with any of them.

Pogba would be top of the order for me personally, but we need to get one of these top class players.

Also, consider this. A guy like Romelu Lukaku who has been out on two successful Premier League loans might be sold by the club! Miles better than any of the three strikers we had this season, yet we wouldn't play him. Why on earth would you expect Chelsea to rely on Chalobah RLC or Baker? These lads haven't played a premier league minute. Anyone thinking they will be heavily featured this season are deluding themselves.

At some point we have to see these guys make it into the squad though. I just don't think we should avoid buying a potentially world class midfielder because we have a few decent looking youngsters. If they're good enough they will play, Jose doesn't hold a bias, whoever is best will play.

So what is the point of having an Academy then?

Chelsea haven't always bought talent/success either. It wouldn't be 'relying' on them but incorpating them into the squad, although Baker is almost certainly going out on loan.

Pogba is only at Juventus because United didn't give him a chance.

Vidal is staying regardless of whether or not Pogba leaves. That was never in question.

Come on, you probably watched Juve more than all of us. I've watched quite a few matches and while I think the kid is good and promising, I don't think he's out of this world as some are making him out to be.

What's your take on him?

At some point we have to see these guys make it into the squad though. I just don't think we should avoid buying a potentially world class midfielder because we have a few decent looking youngsters. If they're good enough they will play, Jose doesn't hold a bias, whoever is best will play.

I don't disagree. I love the youth. I just think we need to be realistic about how we develop it at Chelsea. These players should be expecting loans to first division sides before they're considered ready.

Pogba, Rakitic, Vidal, Cesc, Kroos, Witsel, Koké. Any fucking one of these players would be a huge upgrade and we can afford any one we want. I'd be over the moon with any of them.

Pogba would be top of the order for me personally, but we need to get one of these top class players.

Rakitic is a CAM so naaa he wouldn't be a huge upgrade. Same with Koke who has been play as a RM/CAM this season. The rests are good, apart from Fabregas who cannot play in a CM role effectively, he is more effective as a CAM. Only Vidal or Pogba would be a extreme upgrade to the team

So what is the point of having an Academy then?

Chelsea haven't always bought talent/success either. It wouldn't be 'relying' on them but incorpating them into the squad, although Baker is almost certainly going out on loan.

Out of 100 players hoping for 2 to be world class LOL? The rests are to be sold off eventually. Obviously if you try to go for 100 talented youngsters a couple will eventually be a Courtois/Hazard and the rest can be sold. I don't think the academy means anything more than that nowadays, the chance of club getting a player like Baker in the team is next to 0 unless he does a Pogba on loan.

Guys, I love Chelsea but really look at who we are as a club.

We got rid of Matic for next to nothing and then bought him back for 4 or 5 times as much. This situation isn't as severe as the Pogba one simply because Pogba is as prolific as he is, but I think you get my point.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You