Norwich 0-0 Chelsea

BlueLion.

i thought it was wrong bringing on malouda for lamps, it upset the formation and structure

should have brought on romeu and pushed meireles further up the park imo (or brought on essien but he probably doesn't have the fitness yet to last 75mins+)

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we should stop the 4-3-3, the 4-4-2 has more options in my opinion, like last season we went back to that. Untill we get the players what we need then we can go back to the desired system 4-3-3, as for now it's not working, we need to get these points. I'm happy Liverpool lost, and i think City will beat Spurs, though i wish it will be a draw.

For some reason and this isn't negativity, i think Arsenal can beat United, it's at home for them, and United are in deep shit with there defence, and Arsenal can expose that, they play the 2nd best football in the league, below City, Arsenal might just be able to give them a right good arse kicking in defence. I can see it being like the 5-3 game, we had defence issues in that game, and anyone could of won that game. I can just see Arsenal getting more goals than United.

Though if the defence isn't so fucked as i expect, then i take back what i said. They have won the last two matches i suppose.

So Meireles is now the scapegoat for our creativity problems? Everyone knows he is box-to-box so stop saying it's his fault that he's not creative enough. It's like blaming a dentist for not knowing what's wrong with your leg.

Not a scapegoat, just not good enough to be starting for us every week in my opinion.

He's a good player but he shouldn't be starting nearly every week. There's been periods this season where he's played with Ramires and Romeu/Mikel. How he's played ahead of Lampard at times I don't know. When he plays with Ramires and Romeu out of the three, he's meant to be the creative/attacking part of that central midfield which he isn't. He's not a defensive midfielder or the main creative central midfielder, he's the bit in between. Meireles is a good player but he is not good enough to be starting nearly every week if we want to challenge in every competition. He would be if he was played in Ramires' role in midfield (because that's the bit in between) but he isn't as good as Ramires. He's also doesn't provide the energy and stamina Ramires gives us. Meireles will do a good job in midfield wherever he's played but he's not good enough to start week in week out in my opinion.

Not a scapegoat, just not good enough to be starting for us every week in my opinion.

He's a good player but he shouldn't be starting nearly every week. There's been periods this season where he's played with Ramires and Romeu/Mikel. How he's played ahead of Lampard at times I don't know. When he plays with Ramires and Romeu out of the three, he's meant to be the creative/attacking part of that central midfield which he isn't. He's not a defensive midfielder or the main creative central midfielder, he's the bit in between. Meireles is a good player but he is not good enough to be starting nearly every week if we want to challenge in every competition. He would be if he was played in Ramires' role in midfield (because that's the bit in between) but he isn't as good as Ramires. He's also doesn't provide the energy and stamina Ramires gives us. Meireles will do a good job in midfield wherever he's played but he's not good enough to start week in week out in my opinion.

I definitely agree with you, I don't believe it is his fault. He's being asked to fulfil a role he's not designated for at all. Good squad player, and if we had some word-class midfield players that would be ahead of him, then the contributions of Raul would be commendable.

On another note, recorded the game. But by the looks of the comments on here, don't know if i should watch or not..

Someone decide for me..

If you wanna waste 90 minutes of your life watching a shit, frustratingly uninspired yet sadly typical Chelsea performance than by all means watch it.

On another note, recorded the game. But by the looks of the comments on here, don't know if i should watch or not..

Someone decide for me..

Let me put it this way. The game didn't have any goals, cards, or real chances (bar a chance for mata in the first half and one for torres in the second). Heck the first foul of the match came at min 48.

So I advice you to do something more fun with your time. Like going to the dentist or nailing your tongue to a table.

Let me put it this way. The game didn't have any goals, cards, or real chances (bar a chance for mata in the first half and one for torres in the second). Heck the first foul of the match came at min 48.

So I advice you to do something more fun with your time. Like going to the dentist or nailing your tongue to a table.

Yep, nailing your tongue is definitely a better idea ;)

lmao

With all due respect, I think that comment could not be more wrong.

Our team performance was quite good today and that is evident by the fact that Norwich failed to create more than a single chance that came early in the first half. And even in attack I felt the players linked up rather well, which is why we had 19 shots in the game.

I think our problem today was individula performances. None of our midfielders found the composure to play the killer pass in the penalty area; and at the same time our forwards weren't clinical enough to finish some decent chances.

If anything, really, our performance was a bit too much of a "team performance" in a sense that the players were guilty of over-passing ball on the edge of the penalty area instead of someone attempting a shot from outside occasionally.

Just disagree with the last part...Meireles, Ramires and later Malouda attempted shots...they just weren't good

We're a joke of a team. Playing frustratingly horrible football for a majority of the time. The players simply go through the motions, without any pace,passion or cohesion.

Bosingwa is a disgrace. Avb is a Disgrace for playing him every week even when we have better replacements...maybe because both are Portuguese AVB has a good relationship with Boshitwa.Disgraceful.

WE DONT HAVE ANY LEADERS IN OUR TEAM.

All Cech does when he gets the ball is shoot it aimlessly forward. The probability of that option creating oppurtunities is so low....god knows why he keeps doing it.

Every time he throws the ball with his hand, we have a positive attack. But more often than not, he chooses to aimlessly hit it high and long.

Terry and Luiz are good.

Ashley Cole is a fading giant. However, he still does well defensively.

Bosingwa needs to be sent to the reserves or SOLD. If AVB does not remove him, then im afraid he is a clown manager. The guy has the balls to drop lampard for not performing at 100%, but bosingwa who is performing at 10% plays every week. Dont play him cuz he understands your language, dont have double standards.

Meireles is not top quality. If essien is fit, play him. Better distribution and passion. Meireles will never have the passion for Chelsea. He is a chelsea player, nothing more.

Ramires is too much of a bogey player. He should have never been good, but somehow he is. However, if he wants to become top quality , he needs alot of work on his 1-2's and first time passes. He needs to bulk up a bit as well. He shouldnt look malnutritioned.

Mata has lost his edge. He is slowing down and is not as sharp as he was when he came. Why? WTF is wrong with the club. Are they all the wrong players to be playing with eachother in a team?

Sturridge has become better since the beginning of the season and is slowly playing more for the team, rather than his solo antics of the past.

Torres is not a fit for Chelsea. Can imagine if we signed Falcao from porto, the guy going crazy running(tevez style) winning balls and blasting them into the net.

None of the present first team players FIT together. All their styles are so different, it is impossible for us to hope that ONE signing will get all their different styles playing together.

AVB MIGHT be smart, but he is also extremely naive and soft.

We dont have 1 leader on the pitch. except terry in defence.... Midfield and Forward line ...not one leader.... Our manager too is not a leader. Lack of Leadership.

BTW just so that every one knows.... we dont have that much deadwood that will be sold in the summer. Kalou malouda and maybe drogba will go. Thats it. Hopefully Bosingwa but AVB loves his Portugues fellas.

Cole and Lamps will still be at Chelsea next season.

Our team right now is this

CECH

Bos/Luiz/Iva Cahill terry Cole

Meireles/essien/romeu

Lampard Ramires

Sturridge Torres Mata.

So even if we sell our deadwood, they are from the bench. Maximum one new player can come into first team next season, maybe for Ramires or Lampard. Dont think Torres will be sold. If you bring mata into midfield instead of either Lampard or Ramires, then we can buy a winger.

So there is only space for one new player to walk into the first team. If these players cannot learn to play with eachother in a positive faster attractive fashion, i think that one new player will get lost in the woods. Too many cooks spoil the broth. Every player has too different a footballing style. I fear integration of too many footballing styles will be impossible. If AVB can do it, then Kudos. But make sure that one new signing that joins the first team fits into the style, rather than having to "integrate", which will never happen.

Sad Chelsea Fan here. I know this is Evolution/transition and all that, but we are not evolving. The same 11 come on every week and play the same pathetic football every week. There is no tangible difference in our style of play or integration. Sadly, i have started feeling that one new "creative" player/winger will not solve our problems, which run deeper than anyone of us ever imagined.....6 years of fucking around in the transfer market with different managers and their own ideas has made the current batch of players too much of a mixed bag, with too many styles of play and no Cohesion whatsoever.

Swansea are a better team than Norwich. I hope we can get 3 points, somehow. If we are to draw or lose, play the same way, id rather see our younger lot struggling and getting a point or 3, rather than our present crop going through the motions. Still Blue. Always will be. Sad though.

But make sure that one new signing that joins the first team fits into the style, rather than having to "integrate", which will never happen.

When I read that one word popped into my mind - Heskey, he would be perfect for the current style.

Sadly, i have started feeling that one new "creative" player/winger will not solve our problems, which run deeper than anyone of us ever imagined.....6 years of fucking around in the transfer market with different managers and their own ideas has made the current batch of players too much of a mixed bag, with too many styles of play and no Cohesion whatsoever.

ultra ditto

Yeah was an odd game...no cards...no goals...and Norwich's first clean sheet apprantly! Hard to believe seeing the saves their goalie made!