Norwich 0-0 Chelsea

BlueLion.

A few points on the game:

1) The performance was not as bad as everyone is making out (but that is expected). I thought the team performance, especially defensively, was not half bad. But it was the individual performances that were way below standards.

2)I think AVB played the high-line defense for most of the game, which is a defenite positive imo. It may be disasterous against strong teams but I think we need this kind of defense against weaker teams to help creat more chances.

3)Once again our lack efficiency in converting chances cost us the points. We are paying too high a price this season for not having a descent striker.

4) Let's make something clear: Torres did not have a good game no matter how desperate we are. He was very unconfident, his touches were terrible as was his movement. I did not see him make a single run into the box off the ball. His finishing wasn't good either.

5) David Luiz is a ray of sunshine. MoTM by a mile.

Definitely agree with this, especially your first point! I honestly don't think the score reflects the way we played at times. We managed to create chances, but I think it was unfortunate that John Ruddy had a MOTM performance, otherwise we would have gone away winning 2 or 3-0

The high-line works, at times when we're on a roll in terms of attack.. however, if we are getting attacked down the wing or through the middle by the opposition, our defence looks uninterested and piss poor, which is why I feel it's the best intention to change the approach every now and again, depending how the game is panning out! If things get heated during the game, start going defensive... if the other side are making costly mistakes, get the high-line up there and it'll give us the upper hand!

Torres didn't look confident today because our service is just shit, full stop... the problem seems to be, that he doesn't get enough of it, and that's because there's no creativity! I explained earlier about Meireles and Ramires being too similar, and that Meireles is just a useless pile of shit! We need to replace him with someone creative, so that Torres will benefit from it, and thus, his confidence in front of goal will get better week in week out.

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another "what the hell" performance. but still we could have won it if we had converted our chances.

one thing that i realized today was that raul should play as dm, he is a poor sheild in front of the defence, which made rambo fall back way too often and thus one of our main attacking weapon was nullified.

The current AVB system would work if there was a decent amount of creativity. But there isn't, so two options:

- buy a creative player, stick to the formation

- change the formation so the focus is less on creativity, try to make the best

The current AVB system would work if there was a decent amount of creativity. But there isn't, so two options:

- buy a creative player, stick to the formation

- change the formation so the focus is less on creativity, try to make the best

Mata is our creative player. We just need to buy a winger so he can play in a more central role

Yeah but that's the idea. People don't want regular player like Yossi, Meireles and such. They want' worldclass, and those are hard to get!

You are wrong. We didn't want Benayoun, because it was in a period where we were looking to rejuvenate the squad, hence an average 30 years-old player wasn't a good choice at all. We didn't want Meireles, because we were looking for a playmaker, so an average utility player of 28 years wasn't the good choice. I wouldn't mind an average player able to make pass, to be frank.

I didn't see the game :( Taking into consideration it was a chance for us to close the gap between our rivals, it's not a surprise we dropped points... it's just our style. So, should be thankful for a point not a loss. Having said that, I'm disappointed with the result.. I have no idea of the performance, I'll take my time later to read this thread, but meanwhile could somebody give me a short recap of points worth mentioning in our performance?

so which aspect of their phenomenal outing today showed us up in the heart and passion area when compared to them?

Once again, did I said they were phenomenal ?....

They may not have been the most passionate opponents we have encountered thus far, though compared to us, I'd rather their marvelously gorgeous passion than ours. Anyway, I am pretty sure you get my point.

Once again, did I said they were phenomenal ?....

They may not have been the most passionate opponents we have encountered thus far, though compared to us, I'd rather their marvelously gorgeous passion than ours. Anyway, I am pretty sure you get my point.

I don't get your point, they showed absolutely no more passion than us whatsoever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGFEsZJfaec&feature=g-u-u&context=G259ba8cFUAAAAAAAAAQ

That Skysport reporter is real cunt. He was trying his best to get Andre to say something bad about Torres so that someone at the mail or the sun would come out tommorow with a story about how AVB has lost his patience with the 50m flop and has decided to sell him to a club in Tanzania.

I don't get your point, they showed absolutely no more passion than us whatsoever

Sigh... I took them as an example, I could have taken Sunderland, Aston Villa or whoever. Okay it might not be the best example, still my point remains valid. My point was : « If to not play in UCL permit us to have players who play with passion - like [insert the name of the team you wish]'s players - then I would happy to not play in this competion. »