Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

I know this is a bit on the mean side, but the best thing for him right now is a short term injury like. 2-3 week one in jan when the fixtures are less since it's clear Mourinho won't bench him, the rest could help him reflect

I know this is going to sound bad but I was hoping he would get a ban for kicking Kane yesterday.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is simple and I've mentioned this before. Our CBs can't defend proactively.

People talk shit about Kompany and Koscielny is because they make some mistakes, but more often than not they make the tackles themselves instead of asking their midfielders.

Really wish we had got Benatia, he's amazing at that imo. Proactive defending.

I think Zouma will have problems in the beginning but he could be very solid for us in the future. Everyone has to start from somewhere and I think this is the perfect time for Zouma after many, many mistakes form Cahill this season. I don't know what Mourinho thinks and what he'll do, but keeping Cahill im XI will be mistake.

he has been embarrassing all season

Stop over-exaggerating. You obviously have not watched us for majority of the season.

it seems he is a coward as well as a hopeless footballer. nothing to like about him. Sheffield turd

You are the fucking coward. Writing bullshit over the internet about one of our players who even if he makes mistakes, tries to give his all every game. Fucking idiot. Hate comments like this who personally abuse our own players for no valid reason. Abuse him for his football abilities, no need to get personal.

He should at least be rested for a few games, Zouma can easily fill his shoes for the interim and it will be valuable experience for the fella. Also bench Ivan indefinitely or retrain him as a CB, we are only cheating ourselves by not using Azpi on the right.

Recall Bertrand for next summer please, no need to spend when we have our own in house one ready as a backup.

Why can Zouma easily do it? He has looked decent so far but let's be honest, he hardly has faced any stern tests. Cahill is used as the scapegoat far too often. He got run ragged yesterday but was not helped by the majority of his team mates. Cahill has several solid games this season and has some average ones but the extent of criticism is way OTT. Anyone who refuses to accept this is just being one-sided. There is a reason Mourinho continues to play him and I am sure if Mourinho read all these comments on Cahill, he would be laughing. Zouma on the other hand was dropped by St Etienne last season after initially having a place in the starting team. They are much inferior than us so why can he easily fill Cahill's shoes if he was relegated to the bench at St Etienne? We have kept an abundance of clean sheets this season and it seems people are purposely ignoring this and acting as if he has been poor for the whole season which is just not true. I am for giving Zouma a chance but it is not a simple job where he can easily take Cahill's role in the team.

Regarding Bertrand I would love to see him here as our LB but the reality is it is not going to happen and Southampton will most certainly buy him on a permanent basis in the summer.

Stop over-exaggerating. You obviously have not watched us for majority of the season.

You are the fucking coward. Writing bullshit over the internet about one of our players who even if he makes mistakes, tries to give his all every game. Fucking idiot. Hate comments like this who personally abuse our own players for no valid reason. Abuse him for his football abilities, no need to get personal.

Why can Zouma easily do it? He has looked decent so far but let's be honest, he hardly has faced any stern tests. Cahill is used as the scapegoat far too often. He got run ragged yesterday but was not helped by the majority of his team mates. Cahill has several solid games this season and has some average ones but the extent of criticism is way OTT. Anyone who refuses to accept this is just being one-sided. There is a reason Mourinho continues to play him and I am sure if Mourinho read all these comments on Cahill, he would be laughing. Zouma on the other hand was dropped by St Etienne last season after initially having a place in the starting team. They are much inferior than us so why can he easily fill Cahill's shoes if he was relegated to the bench at St Etienne? We have kept an abundance of clean sheets this season and it seems people are purposely ignoring this and acting as if he has been poor for the whole season which is just not true. I am for giving Zouma a chance but it is not a simple job where he can easily take Cahill's role in the team.

Regarding Bertrand I would love to see him here as our LB but the reality is it is not going to happen and Southampton will most certainly buy him on a permanent basis in the summer.

piss off stats. i just dont appreciate our players kicking and stamping on opponents. its cowardly.

piss off stats. i just dont appreciate our players kicking and stamping on opponents. its cowardly.

You know what. I shouldn't have snapped like that. I do value your comments on here so I apologize for snapping like that that but regarding Cahill, it was silly what he done but it was hardly 'violent conduct'. Kane didn't even make anything of it which says it all. He should have been sent off but it was not that violent which is why F.A are not taking retrospective action over it. But the abuse you gave him is a bit OTT mate come on. That is very harsh. Just thought that was unnecessary mate.

You know what. I shouldn't have snapped like that. I do value your comments on here so I apologize for snapping like that that but regarding Cahill, it was silly what he done but it was hardly 'violent conduct'. Kane didn't even make anything of it which says it all. He should have been sent off but it was not that violent which is why F.A are not taking retrospective action over it. But the abuse you gave him is a bit OTT mate come on. That is very harsh. Just thought that was unnecessary mate.

ok im sorry.

I don't have enough knowledge of the French league to refute this point, but the fact is that in the games he's played for us, he has been rock solid. Sporting are not a shit team, and in EPL terms they would be at least in the top half of the table. Derby are a strong contender for promotion from the Ch'ship, not exactly the worst team out there, and although his spell in the Derby game was cut short, he was again solid throughout. You cannot deny that Cahill at least needs a game off, and it shows. Once Terry and Matic go below exemplary performances, the right side completely collapses due to Ivanovic believing he's a winger in disguise and Cahill simply not being above par.

It's true Cahill is a decent defender, and could happily play off the bench if we were to buy, say, Varane, but Chelsea are not an average team. We're supposed to be up there with Real and Bayern, but yet people accept a defence that can only prop up the team when Matic is shielding them. Willian and Schurrle are average attackers, and people here are asking them to be crucified for their failure to support Hazard and Costa.

I know Bertrand almost certainly won't be coming back...but he should be, and the board are fools not to have kept him here, after all, how much longer can Ivanovic fill in for RB?

I miss Desailly...