Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

One bad game and Terry has avoided a lot of stick. Incredible.

Terry has been more reliable this season, and has chipped in with a few goals. That's why stick hasn't gone his way as of yet.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terry has been very consistent and apart from 1 or 2 bad games, he's been excellent for us

I ain't denying that, but he has had his bad games. Either way, he's by far the best CB we have.

I ain't denying that, but he has had his bad games. Either way, he's by far the best CB we have.

Name them. Can you name 4-5 bad games out of the 30 or something matches he's played this season?

If not, then you can't really say that JT "has had his bad games".

Why was Cahill warming up at 0-0?

I'm not sure, but it would make sense if they are simply keeping themselves ready in case they are needed to come on. Whatever way you look at it, playing Zouma was a risk and Cahill was probably instructed to keep himself ready in case Zouma flunked or got injured. It's also not impossible that Jose was toying with the idea of bringing him on after half-time.

I'm not sure, but it would make sense if they are simply keeping themselves ready in case they are needed to come on. Whatever way you look at it, playing Zouma was a risk and Cahill was probably instructed to keep himself ready in case Zouma flunked or got injured. It's also not impossible that Jose was toying with the idea of bringing him on after half-time.

Every player on the bench warms up during the game except for the GK, don't look too much into it.

Mikel was warming up at the same time; shall we assume Jose was going to haul off Costa and settle for 0-0?

Don't read cryptically into simple things, he was warming up for the simple reason of there being a potential injury.

Name them. Can you name 4-5 bad games out of the 30 or something matches he's played this season?

JT has had a number of poor games this season. Spurs and even last weekend are two very recent examples. But he is playing poorly in those games because he's too old to play 60 games a season consistently well, IMO.

JT has had a number of poor games this season. Spurs and even last weekend are two very recent examples. But he is playing poorly in those games because he's too old to play 60 games a season consistently well, IMO.

I didn't see the Tottenham match (and I never plan on doing so) and yeah he was poor in the first half against Newcastle along with the rest of the team. I'm probably forgetting some other game or half where he was poor this season, but that kind of ratio of bad over 30 matches is up there with even our best performers of the season like Eden and Cesc. A lot of people would say Matic or Costa have been our best players this season, but both have had more than a few bad matches this season which is more than Terry.

I don't think that 2-3 bad matches from 30 is indicative of being too old or of any lack of ability. It's pretty normal for any footballer.

I'm going by our most recent game, Newcastle. He wasn't great against Tottenham either.

This requires the CB's to have pace in them to shuffle the defense over. Neither Terry nor Cahill have this. Cavalho provided us with this pace. Terry and Cahill are both not quick enough to allow for this system.

As above, my point remains that Terry has avoided a lot of stick

But Azpilicueta has pace. Cahill's not exactly a snail like you're making him out to be either