Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

dint embarass themselves = one of the best players?

he had a poor half. the fact that they dint score is giving a different opinion to everyone.

What exactly did he do that was so poor? In the back 4 he was probably the best defender. Not saying that he was great in the first half but he wasn't poor either.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dint embarass themselves = one of the best players?

he had a poor half. the fact that they dint score is giving a different opinion to everyone.

He did grow into it though. No-one expects Zouma to be amazing from day one, but he handled himself well today. In a game where we weren't our usual selves, particularly in the first half, he did look good.

As a relatively young player, this is a good performance for him against an annoying Newcastle set up

What exactly did he do that was so poor? In the back 4 he was probably the best defender. Not saying that he was great in the first half but he wasn't poor either.

i think i told what all wrong he did today in the reply i gave to lucio.

He did grow into it though. No-one expects Zouma to be amazing from day one, but he handled himself well today. In a game where we weren't our usual selves, particularly in the first half, he did look good.

As a relatively young player, this is a good performance for him against an annoying Newcastle set up

it was a good performacne. specially in the second half. but saying he was one of our best players in the first is just unfair and wrong, if not prejudiced. specially since we were so poor defensively.

Terry has avoided alot of criticism because of Cahill.

As Luis/Azpi or Iva bomb up the wings, this leave Cahil and Terry exposed. Terry has lost alot of what pace he had and does get turned over when players run at him. Cabella for instance. Terry has has a great season, but Cahill does bail him out at times

Terry has avoided alot of criticism because of Cahill.

As Luis/Azpi or Iva bomb up the wings, this leave Cahil and Terry exposed. Terry has lost alot of what pace he had and does get turned over when players run at him. Cabella for instance. Terry has has a great season, but Cahill does bail him out at times

Wrong.

Only one of our fullback attacks, the other stays and defends. Not really leaving Cahill and Terry exposed?

@Kezza It's not because of Cahill. It's because of Azpi. Matic and Cahill help out too but mostly Azpi. I believe that's the reason why Azpi starts on the left back. He protects Terry from getting run at. Azpi rarely ever gets burned however against Newcastle he was on a couple of occasions leaving Terry isolated in a 1 on 1 situation with a skillfull and quick winger.

To be blunt neither Cahill nor Terry are suited to play center back in a team that plays a high press (high line), possession based tactic.(fullbacks high up the pitch to provide width)

Terry is too slow and Cahill simply doesn't know how to defend proactively.

@Kezza It's not because of Cahill. It's because of Azpi. Matic and Cahill help out too but mostly Azpi. I believe that's the reason why Azpi starts on the left back. He protects Terry from getting run at. Azpi rarely ever gets burned however against Newcastle he was on a couple of occasions leaving Terry isolated in a 1 on 1 situation with a skillfull and quick winger.

Fair point, I agree. I guess shows when Luis plays instead of Azpi. Luis get caught out playing narrow, lvan gets caught out playing narrow, this leaves Terry to defend and Cahill to clean up the scraps.

To be blunt neither Cahill nor Terry are suited to play center back in a team that plays a high press (high line), possession based tactic.(fullbacks high up the pitch to provide width)

Terry is too slow and Cahill simply doesn't know how to defend proactively. Agreed. My point remains that Terry still have avoided stick where as Cahill has taken most if not all of the brunt

Wrong.

Only one of our fullback attacks, the other stays and defends. Not really leaving Cahill and Terry exposed?

This requires the CB's to have pace in them to shuffle the defense over. Neither Terry nor Cahill have this. Cavalho provided us with this pace. Terry and Cahill are both not quick enough to allow for this system.

As above, my point remains that Terry has avoided a lot of stick